Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

needle pilot bearing

Search this Thread

Old January 4th, 2014, 10:43 AM

needle pilot bearing

anyone need a [or a few] needle type pilot bearings for manual trans use?

PN 14061685, Gr. 0.799

GM part

Or how about the bronze bushing equivalent? I don't have the PN handy for that one.
Old January 4th, 2014, 04:11 PM

Are these for any particular years or manual transmissions?
Old January 4th, 2014, 07:01 PM

Yes!

I bought one today
Investigation reveals that the needle bearing pilot units are dirt cheap right now at
gmpartsdirect.com -
about $12 each + absurd shipping I am sure.

I also bought 3 of the brass bushing type

and three throwout bearings like

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...LolaS086P76pVg

which some folks say is a $45 bill

As for what year, Oh, guessing around mid 60's thru mid 70's the pilot bearings are all the same ID and OD eh? Maybe not... I am guessing the similar sized brass bushing is Gr. 0.649, PN 3752487, apps:

75 all X L6 S.T.; 49-56 Exc. "O" H.T.; 57-65 S.T. (1st type); 66-75 L6; 75 V6;

Whereas the PN CD from a 1983 print says 65-75 Olds V8 used a BEARING, not a BUSHING, PN 907321. This is probably a larger OD ball bearing, not the Needle bearing cited above.

So, if you have the pilot hole for a BUSHING with OD about [please stand by], then these are good candidates.

I got three throwout bearings, two types GM made in USA
CT24AG, 908244, and
CT24K1, 90803

I reckon they might differ slightly, but the boxes look similar. I can measure if that will help.
Old January 18th, 2014, 04:21 PM

Thank you for the information.

I am waiting hear back from friend as to which pilot bearing he needs, and what size. Did not realize there are so many variations.

Anthony
Old January 18th, 2014, 04:32 PM
Olds Fever

For those that don't know.... ANY part that you can purchase from GMPARTSDIRECT, you can also purchase from any other GM Dealer in your local area and most likely not have to pay any absurd shipping charges... If you have a good relationship with that dealer you may also get a discount of some kind.....
Old January 18th, 2014, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by CRUZN 66
For those that don't know.... ANY part that you can purchase from GMPARTSDIRECT, you can also purchase from any other GM Dealer in your local area and most likely not have to pay any absurd shipping charges... If you have a good relationship with that dealer you may also get a discount of some kind.....

But if you walk in off the street and don't know anyone you'll pay the absurd list price. I know, I bought clutch/brake pedal pads from my local dealer. The GM part number said that there were (I think) three per pack so when I ordered by part number from my local dealer I figured I'd get the three pack. What I ended up getting was one pad at the LIST price for the three pack. I ended up having to buy another at the list price (for the three pack) because I needed two.....And yes, I questioned it..... I'll never buy anything from my local dealer again.

and BTW...I paid shipping on top of it all...

Last edited by allyolds68; January 18th, 2014 at 04:50 PM.
Old January 18th, 2014, 05:26 PM
Senior Moment Member

Since time began, the dealer was the last place to go for parts for me and my friends who were street rodders. Always ripping and tearing.
Old January 18th, 2014, 06:04 PM
Olds Fever

Originally Posted by allyolds68
But if you walk in off the street and don't know anyone you'll pay the absurd list price. I know, I bought clutch/brake pedal pads from my local dealer. The GM part number said that there were (I think) three per pack so when I ordered by part number from my local dealer I figured I'd get the three pack. What I ended up getting was one pad at the LIST price for the three pack. I ended up having to buy another at the list price (for the three pack) because I needed two.....And yes, I questioned it..... I'll never buy anything from my local dealer again.

and BTW...I paid shipping on top of it all...
First, sorry that you feel your local dealer screwed you over….. Don’t know your area, but if there are no other GM dealers in your area you most likely didn’t have any choice…. In this area there are so many GM dealers it is quit easy to shop around and get the best price, easily 20/30% or more…. Also, we don’t pay shipping when our local dealers order direct from GM, unless overnight or some other form of special shipping is requested or required….

Second you should understand GM’s packaging and pricing….. It was (and is) not unusual for GM to package their parts in multiple quantities requiring minimum order quantities and the actual list prices are per item and not the multiple quantity package…. It is understandable that you actually paid list price for each of the two pads you required…. At some dealers, if they are requested to order a part which is packaged in multiple quantities, they will insist that you purchase the entire packaged quantity, especially if they do not normally stock it… This is because if they sell any part of the prepackaged quantity, there may be a chance they can’t sell the remaining quantity, and will not be able to return them to GM for credit since the package has been opened…. Not all dealers work this way but many do….