Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Rochester Quadrajet carb 7026250 for sale

Search this Thread

Old December 19th, 2013, 10:58 AM

Exclamation Rochester Quadrajet carb 7026250 for sale

I have what I believe to be an original 1966 Qjet carb, taken off of a running 1966 Starfire 425 engine probably over 40 years ago; it was drained and dry stored since then, but will need a total cleaning/rebuild, I am sure!

The tag on the side of the carb is orange, with numbers 7026250, and I believe it has never been apart. Car was running and driveable when removed, but engine had a broken piston, I believe.....I probably should have kept it.....love those Starfires!!!!

I can probably supply pictures and other info, if anybody is interested; I am not familiar enough with Rochesters to know where a date code might be located...... This carb may fit other engines, also, possibly Cutlass 442, 98, 88, Toronado?? It was from an automatic trans car, which may make a difference? Do your research....as I really don't know!

I am located near Albany, NY (12143), and will ship for actual cost. Asking $100.00 or best offer.

dwmopar@localnet.com
Old December 27th, 2013, 10:45 AM

Wink

Somebody must need this........
Old December 27th, 2013, 06:36 PM

Can you post pictures on here?
Old December 27th, 2013, 07:10 PM

Photo of the tag would help
The date code is a letter/number for month/year, stamped into the tag.
Tag color matters, as does the shape of the hole in the center.

1966 Models have a damper link across the top of the carb, LH side.
Old December 27th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Just the facts...

and original 1966 carbs. were quite prone to starting fires, due to the crappy "toilet valve" inlet valve. 7026250 was used on all bbo(400 & 425) motors that year, it's pretty generic and can benefit from a little tweaking(believe it or not, leaning).

bill
Old December 28th, 2013, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by BILL DEMMER
and original 1966 carbs. were quite prone to starting fires, due to the crappy "toilet valve" inlet valve. 7026250 was used on all bbo(400 & 425) motors that year, it's pretty generic and can benefit from a little tweaking(believe it or not, leaning).

bill
This may be a stupid question, but i never heard of "toilet valve" inlet valve i'm guessing that means needle and seat?
Old December 29th, 2013, 02:46 PM
Just the facts...

yes, the early version of a needle and seat-a failed design by rp. it more resembles a toilet valve in it's appearance and operation. the '65 and '66 original qj's were also known as "patty melt" carbs. after they started on fire and burned, they melted down into what looked like a patty melt. they usually took the engine compartment with them, and sometimes, the whole car. these were also the carbs. with the infamous leaky well plugs('65-'67).

bill
Old December 29th, 2013, 03:37 PM

The car pictured in my avatar had an engine fire an extensive one,i was told it was caused by the carb.It had a 4 jet not q-jet.
Old December 30th, 2013, 12:35 PM

Question

Originally Posted by nsnarsk65cutlass
Can you post pictures on here?

I will try to post pics today, if I can figure out HOW....sorry, computer dummy here! Lol!

Originally Posted by Octania

Octania, could you explain the tag numbers and date code, as well as colors and hole for the tag?? This carb does have the "damper link" on the left side over the secondary air valve. I am pretty sure this carb has never been apart, but cannot guarantee that! I saw reference in another thread about a 1965 Qjet, but I thought that 1966 was the first year......confused!
Old August 19th, 2014, 06:04 AM

Question Bump!

Originally Posted by R-body_mopar
I will try to post pics today, if I can figure out HOW....sorry, computer dummy here! Lol!

Octania, could you explain the tag numbers and date code, as well as colors and hole for the tag?? This carb does have the "damper link" on the left side over the secondary air valve. I am pretty sure this carb has never been apart, but cannot guarantee that! I saw reference in another thread about a 1965 Qjet, but I thought that 1966 was the first year......confused!

I have not figured out how to post pics of this carb, but still need explanation of tag colrs, date codes, etc.!

Thanks to anybody that can help!

(I was once an Olds man exclusively.....but started work at a Mopar dealership, and remained there for 16 years; I lost interest in Olds when my 1970 442's would no longer run on pump gas......and Sunoco 260 was dropped; I spent years going to the local airport for leaded Avgas, but finally gave up, and parked it!)
Old November 20th, 2014, 06:59 AM

Exclamation

I have what I believe to be an original 1966 Qjet carb, taken off of a running 1966 Starfire 425 engine probably over 40 years ago; it was drained and dry stored since then, but will need a total cleaning/rebuild, I am sure!

The tag on the side of the carb is orange, with numbers 7026250, and I believe it has never been apart. Car was running and driveable when removed, but engine had a broken piston, I believe.....I probably should have kept it.....love those Starfires!!!!

I can probably supply pictures and other info, if anybody is interested; I am not familiar enough with Rochesters to know where a date code might be located...... This carb may fit other engines, also, possibly Cutlass 442, 98, 88, Toronado?? It was from an automatic trans car, which may make a difference? Do your research....as I really don't know!

I am located near Albany, NY (12143), and will ship for actual cost. Asking $100.00 or best offer.

dwmopar@localnet.com
Originally Posted by Octania

This carb is still available, but I still need help on the tag number/date code and hole in the tag???

Anybody know this? Thanks!
Old December 29th, 2014, 10:56 AM

Question

This carb is still available, but I still need help on the tag number/date code and hole in the tag???

Anybody know this? Thanks!

Anymore help on this??

I just know somebody here NEEDS this for a numbers matching 1966 OLDS!
Old December 31st, 2014, 01:04 PM

Is this carb still for sale? This may be exactly what I am looking for. Thanks

Last edited by rubbo2; December 31st, 2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old January 1st, 2015, 02:04 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by rubbo2
Is this carb still for sale? This may be exactly what I am looking for. Thanks

Carb is still available, rubbo2!

Post or send me your email address, and I will try to send pics! What are you looking for? This carb should be correct for '66 400/425 engines!
------------------------------------
Old January 2nd, 2015, 10:09 AM

Great! My email is rubbo@scomoco.com Please contact me anytime as I do wish to purchase this item. Thanks!

Last edited by rubbo2; January 5th, 2015 at 12:57 PM.
Old January 10th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Just the facts...

there may be an issue with the throttle end, if it was from a toro.

bill
Old January 11th, 2015, 05:28 PM

Question

Originally Posted by BILL DEMMER
there may be an issue with the throttle end, if it was from a toro.

bill

Okay, Bill....thanks for the info....BUT....would you care to explain the difference on the throttle end for the Toronado, because they seem to have the same part number??
Old January 11th, 2015, 05:59 PM

66-67 Toros used a throttle cable
other Olds used a rod.

Should be different PN's for a Toro carb.

For the hole shape and diff colors I direct readers to their friendly chassis service manual.