Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1969 NOS parts questioned

Search this Thread

Old December 4th, 2013, 08:48 AM

1969 NOS parts questioned

All, I purchased both left and right fender eyebrows and hood hockey stick moldings advertised as NOS from one of the members here on this site. I don't think I received NOS General Motors parts. Will you look at my attached photos of my old eyebrow vs. what I received. My old one is the upper on both pics. The "original" has a cast low valley on the backside and the "new" one is flush. The last picture is the backside of a hood molding. I feel I received reproduction parts and not NOS as I payed for. Thank you for your time.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC00713.jpg (61.7 KB, 104 views)
DSC00714.jpg (68.9 KB, 98 views)
DSC00715.jpg (50.6 KB, 98 views)
Old December 4th, 2013, 09:01 AM

My 70 hockey sticks had a very similar stamp inside complete with the same symbol and Canada. Different part number on the 70 though. I'm not positive but I don't believe my repops had that. Hope that helps.
Old December 4th, 2013, 11:03 AM

The only company making those repro is Fusick and they have "FAP" stamped on the backs of them. If no FAP then they are original GM. I will look at the back of my NOS pair to see what they look like. A lot of times the tooling would be updated causing subtle changes in pieces.

Just checked the pair I have and they are flat on the back side just like yours, only do not have "Canada". I would imagine that there were more than one supplier with tooling to produce them.

Last edited by WTony; December 4th, 2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old December 4th, 2013, 12:49 PM
72 Olds CS

did the parts come in a bag or box and was one or any of them sealed ?

can the seller comment on the origin to them ? ie seller bought them years ago, seller picked them up in a parts lot etc ?
Old December 4th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by WTony
A lot of times the tooling would be updated causing subtle changes in pieces.
Not only that, NOS parts can be entirely different parts than what came on a car originally. They are simply what the manufacturers decided were correct replacements of original parts. Correct in terms of "form, fit, and function". The are lots of examples of this.
Old December 4th, 2013, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by wmachine
Not only that, NOS parts can be entirely different parts than what came on a car originally. They are simply what the manufacturers decided were correct replacements of original parts. Correct in terms of "form, fit, and function". The are lots of examples of this.
You dont know how many times I witnessed this working in a body shop over the years! The dealers simply tell you that the part has been "superseded" and that is what goes on the car in place of the original now.
Old December 4th, 2013, 01:26 PM

NOS parts

The parts came without the original packaging. They all have flaws that make me question their quality. But in the end they may be factory parts. Thanks so far.
Old December 4th, 2013, 04:49 PM

I have 2 pair of l&r fender eybrows in the boxes and they are identical to the one that is flat inside. They are also in old GM boxes.

Greg
Old December 4th, 2013, 04:55 PM
Old School Olds

Flip 'em over and submit a few pics.
From the back, looks like 69's and 70's.
Old December 4th, 2013, 08:25 PM

Mr. Eggman,
As I advertised they are Nos Gm parts.

I also sent you pics on all of the parts and explained there were some flaws.
You made a conscious decision to purchase them despite the pics and omissions of the flaws.

You also received them in the Gm boxes two of them to be exact. See Gm boxes constitutes original packing believe it or not.

When you received them you did email me and expressed your originality concerns regarding the pieces. I stated the source in which I got them from (Glenn Johnson) and his reputable status and vast knowledge with regards to 69 A bodies as a whole.

In that email or subsequent to that you made no mention of wanting your money back. In fact after I disclosed where I got them from I heard no response from you until this public post.

Furthermore in your email you said and I quote " my olds friends say they are not real GM pieces." Well neither them nor yourself are that knowledgeable.

What bothers me is not what you did far as this but how you did it.
You could have emailed me again and asked for a refund in which you did not, or you could have asked for Glenn's information to contact him since you obviously didn't believe me.

Furthermore it is a flat out lie that they did not come with original packaging, would you like to me to prove that Mr. Eggman

So in the future you would be better served going to the source to resolve an issue or questionable transaction as opposed to a public query.

Lastly, obviously you wanted my attention well you got it just in poor manner on your behalf.

Sincerely Dean
Old December 4th, 2013, 08:36 PM

Oh, school is in session!
Old December 4th, 2013, 08:42 PM

Lol Hi Chris lucky day found another cap Dean
Old December 4th, 2013, 09:40 PM

Looks like Eggman just got cracked open!
Old December 5th, 2013, 05:40 AM

Well, there were more than one of us on here that confirmed they were NOS with flat backs and "Canada" on them.. And as I said, the only aftermarket company manufacturing them is Fusick and their pieces have "FAP" on the back for "Fusick Auto Parts". The other thing I've noticed about the repro pieces is that they do not have as sharp of lines on them. It seems the repro pieces are a little more rounded edges because of polishing whereas the oem pieces are more crisp and the face is flatter with sharper corners. (at least on the 69 pieces)
Plus, if they came from Glenn, there should be NO question. I have known Glenn for about 20 years now and NEVER has there ever been a question about a single item I purchased from him. I believe him to be one of the most respected, reputable and knowledgeable 69 guy's in the hobby.
Old December 5th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Banned

What a bull#$%t way to attempt to conduct business. Mr. Franco, you sir are a gentleman.
Old December 5th, 2013, 07:45 AM

Ty appreciate that
Old December 5th, 2013, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by wtony
well, there were more than one of us on here that confirmed they were nos with flat backs and "canada" on them.. And as i said, the only aftermarket company manufacturing them is fusick and their pieces have "fap" on the back for "fusick auto parts". The other thing i've noticed about the repro pieces is that they do not have as sharp of lines on them. It seems the repro pieces are a little more rounded edges because of polishing whereas the oem pieces are more crisp and the face is flatter with sharper corners. (at least on the 69 pieces)
plus, if they came from glenn, there should be no question. I have known glenn for about 20 years now and never has there ever been a question about a single item i purchased from him. I believe him to be one of the most respected, reputable and knowledgeable 69 guy's in the hobby.
x100
Old December 5th, 2013, 12:23 PM

69 parts

All, the intention was never to involve or reveal the seller. That is why his name was never mentioned in the original posting. My concern was to get opinions from the members of the authenticity of the parts. I expected the new parts to be the same style as the old. This forum is much better served keeping postings from getting muddled with content not necessary. I respect Dean's opinions and there is no need for me to bring up further details from our transaction. Let's stop the thread and move on. But please understand, do not call me a liar sir when it comes to the packaging. So all to understand, yes, the left eyebrow had an original box. The right was in a gym sock and the two hockey sticks were together in one square tube stlye box with no part number to short to hold one let alone two and no mounting hardware for any of the pieces. This is one of the reasons I needed proof that I did indeed recieve NOS parts as purchased. Let's all move on and looks like I do have NOS pieces.
Attached Images
DSC00717.jpg (39.9 KB, 38 views)
Old December 5th, 2013, 12:24 PM
MOTORHEAD

real
Old December 5th, 2013, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Eggman
...I don't think I received NOS General Motors parts...I feel I received reproduction parts and not NOS as I payed for...
Sort of half-hearted response above, after impugning the seller albeit without mentioning his name. The packaging discussion is a red herring.

Steve
Old December 5th, 2013, 05:42 PM

move on

All, the intention was never to involve or reveal the seller. That is why his name was never mentioned in the original posting. My concern was to get opinions from the members of the authenticity of the parts. I expected the new parts to be the same style as the old. This forum is much better served keeping postings from getting muddled with content not necessary. I respect Dean's opinions and there is no need for me to bring up further details from our transaction. Let's stop the thread and move on. But please understand, do not call me a liar sir when it comes to the packaging. So all to understand, yes, the left eyebrow had an original box. The right was in a gym sock and the two hockey sticks were together in one square tube stlye box with no part number to short to hold one let alone two and no mounting hardware for any of the pieces. This is one of the reasons I needed proof that I did indeed recieve NOS parts as purchased. Let's all move on and looks like I do have NOS pieces.

I am ready to move on but this could have been avoided if you had just emailed me. You could have also elected to email other 69 guys on here and got their opinion.

Had you done that there wouldn't have been other input from other members regarding how you initially handled your query.

Far as the lie, your first post clearly said no packaging included. Your most recent post clearly demonstrates two GM boxes shown in your picture and your account of how the parts came in them .

The square tube is in fact for the hockey sticks and is how I received them.

The sock was utilized so there would be no damage between the two pieces.

And lastly, yes you have NOS pieces

I wish you the best with your car and restoration Dean
Old December 5th, 2013, 06:19 PM

All, the intention was never to involve or reveal the seller.
That's BS because anyone that follows the posts here knows that Dean had them for sale recently.

I know Dean and Glenn, have bought and sold parts to each, and would trust either of them with any transactions.