Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

vista cruiser

Search this Thread

Old December 24th, 2011, 11:00 AM

vista cruiser

complete 71 vista for parts, 61k original 350. mechanicals are new , brakes, lines, tune up. the list can go on. currently on chicago c/l. il wis border located. mchenry ,il 60051
any and all parts avail. i could go on forever. check out ad and send a request. you will receive only honest answers to all questions.

call with wants and needs before it all goes on ebay.
motor/ sold
trans /sold
disc brake setup, all new parts - sold
glass / everything is nice
tinted Vista glass / large glass , very hard to find - sold
2 small side vista glass are very nice- sold
have all other soft ray glass in very good condition 50-60.00 each
nice trim / sold alot just ask
interior complete / black is excellent throughout / sold alot just ask
complete ac system / works excellent sold alot / ask
rear bumper / no dents or rust - sold
doors / no power 75-100 each
really nice frame - 600 with rear end
or body tub and frame with no vista rot / clean channels 900
trans crossmember - 50.00
dual tail gate parts all / alot on ebay

anything interior / it is all here

847-508-5090
johnsfry@comcast.net
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
231.jpg (104.7 KB, 48 views)
File Type: jpg
233.jpg (98.3 KB, 54 views)

Last edited by john s fry; May 7th, 2012 at 07:07 PM.
Old December 24th, 2011, 11:31 AM

That's a good looking car! You might try listing it here under the cars for sale section to see if someone wants to buy it as a driver. John
Old December 24th, 2011, 11:55 AM

Wait a minute...

So what is wrong with it to not make a good driver? Looks way too good to part out.
Since you are not in a hurry, post it in the "cars for sale" section, along with links to your CL ad, and maybe include links to some good pictures. Give it a chance on here for a while before attempting to part it. You will get better offers here, too.

So far it looks almost good enough for the driver I seek.
Old December 24th, 2011, 01:43 PM

vista

thanks for the interest,
original 61k car out of 18 yr storage. all mechanicals are done, brakes, rotors, calipers, drums, stainless lines everything. ball joints , bushings. new front springs.100% tune up. runs and drives great. a/c even blows ice cold after all that time.
this car was an original silver code 13, 6 passenger, storage well is mint. you could drive it home. saw your wanted ad, and i have made my decision to part it. i will part every little part there is and even remove the qtrs in a fashion as you would receive a new qtr from gm. i restore these for a living and parts are specific to only a few years. it is not perfect but some really nice stuff that has not been hurt by the elements or animals. i will run an update for everyone with a detailed list and conditions of each in a honest description. i have had 4 vistas and this is one i am not doing. still looking though.
Old December 24th, 2011, 01:54 PM
Chevy budget Olds powered

If you do part it out i want the whole front disc brake set up . I just want the spindles calipers and rotors if they are in good shape and the prop valve shoot me a price im close enough to where i can pick it up
Old December 24th, 2011, 02:19 PM

vista cruiser

the disc brake system is all new with maybe 10 miles on it.
new flex hoses, calipers, brakes, rotors.new master also installed at that time. spndles were checked , new bearings packed and installed.
i will keep everyone updated after the holidays to what is going on. maybe a detailed list. any questions arise you can call me @ 847-508-5090
Old December 24th, 2011, 02:33 PM

Hi John
It's your car to do with as you wish, but I'm curious why you decided to part it out? In the last 30 years I've owned four 70-72 Vista Cruisers and they all had rust around the roof glass, two were bad. I parted them out although if I had it to do over two of them I wish I had saved. Since you've restored several of these cars you know how much time it will take to dismantle, and which parts you'll quickly sell vs which parts you'll hang onto waiting for someone to buy. So if someone could buy this car and drive it as far as Texas it sounds like a nice car. Its hard to find nice examples of these anymore, and with a mint storage compartment it sounds like this is a clean car. So I am puzzled at your decision to part it out. John
Old December 24th, 2011, 03:05 PM
Connoisseur d'Junque

I was trying to ask a question that was roughly the same as John's question, but couldn't quite make it not sound belligerent.

Thanks, John McN., for putting it so well.

- Eric
Old December 24th, 2011, 03:09 PM

And I hope I didn't offend you John, that wasn't my intention. I just drooled over the pictures you posted and would love to have a car like that to drive!
John
Old December 24th, 2011, 03:21 PM

Before you do part it, please PM me with what you would like for the whole car and lets talk. I am not afraid to pay what it is worth. So far it is meeting my desires, esprcially if it has been repainted and rust is not an issue.

If you refuse to sell whole, I would like the whole power lock and cruise setup IF equipped. Looking for those to put in my future wagon.
Old December 24th, 2011, 03:30 PM

vista cruiser

no offense taken at all. i do have my reasons and i will keep them to myself. at hand is a very good car which will help keep others alive. i have a great interest in these vehicles, and will continue to do so. we all share this same interest that is why we are here.
Old December 26th, 2011, 01:59 PM

Nice car. What is a cheap offer? It is a slow econemy, and the last thing people do is spending money on a car you don't need. Store it for a few more years, and pick up some better cash. I doubt if you wil get your time worth. Few cars around, few parts needed. Here in the Netherlands there are plenty for sale around $5000.
Old December 26th, 2011, 02:15 PM
car guy

Car looks way too nice to part. Title issues so it can't be sold whole?
Old December 26th, 2011, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Olds 88 Rocket
Nice car. What is a cheap offer? It is a slow econemy, and the last thing people do is spending money on a car you don't need. Store it for a few more years, and pick up some better cash. I doubt if you wil get your time worth. Few cars around, few parts needed. Here in the Netherlands there are plenty for sale around $5000.
currently have another one that is really nice and i am using this one for what i need. soft market to some, but business has not been better. good or not it is a parts car with a current clear title just received from the dmv. yes few cars like this out there, so i decided instead of searching and traveling why not use this. object here is to use quality parts needed, and keeping within a budget that so many others cannot keep. hope this answers a few questions out there.
i thank you for concerns
Old December 27th, 2011, 08:10 AM

i can clearly see john's point. it does get aggravating when tire kickers come around and low ball you using the 'weak' economy as a bargaining tool. i also sell parts, and have been rather busy this year (surprisingly). with the price of scrap at an all time high, yard owners are crushing stuff daily and the parts cars are disappearing. as this happens, restorable cars become parts cars....and then rough drivers become parts cars....the condition of a 'parts' car will be nicer and leave some scratching their head wondering 'why cut it up?'.
i live in a rather rust free area of south carolina and have cut up many rust free cars over the years and can justify it because every part that i ship out helps someone elses car get back on the road......kind of like donating organs!

hope this makes sense to all. just my two cents. greg. gtfolds@att.net