Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

'67-'69 Cutlass Auto Console/Shifter

Search this Thread

Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:42 PM

'67-'69 Cutlass Auto Console/Shifter

See pics below--pulled from a '67 Cutlass.

CONSOLE:

>Overall a pretty clean unit. Console body stripped to bare plastic and painted with SEM Landau Black and adhesion promoter.

>Underside glovebox door and hinge beadblasted clean and primed/painted.

>Glovebox interior is nice and clean....all new black phillips head screws inside

>Replaced chrome/stainless pushbutton (it was missing)...no key but you can get one made fairly easily.

>Console side alum trim is nice and clean...anodized aluminum. Polished stainless screws replace the old zinc plated phillips screws

>Front and rear lamp "lenses" nice and clean

>Glovebox door had a long crack in it. Glued on bridge/support pieces to the underside and worked the cracked area on top to hide it somewhat. It's still visible but a lot better with the repairs and paint. You can get these repro or find an unbroken used top piece.

>Chrome plate (around shifter) - This one had the typical bubbling in the flat areas around the shifter area. All those were cleaned out, filled, primed, smoothed, etc and as you can see from the pics, this area was painted with a nice subtly textured black paint. Blends in with the overall "look" and "style" of the console and doesn't look out of place at all. A great way to salvage a pitted chrome top plate without spending large $$ on rechroming.

>Console Top Plate Insert - This was a brushed aluminum originally I believe but was corroded/scratched. It was stripped and primed and I covered it with some burled walnut woodgrain vinyl I have that matches the burled walnut woodgrain on the dash bezel area. Again--"fits in" perfectly with the scheme/look of the '69 interior with the matching woodgrain. Again, I think you can buy repro brushed aluminum inserts if you want an all original look.

>Top Edges of Chrome Top Plate - These survived pretty well without any bubbling so I left those exposed. There are some typical scratches and light scuffing along this exposed top edge but it was nice enough to clean up and leave exposed for the contrast. Nice finishing touch that lends a factory look to the top plate area. Raised lip around shift indicator lens (missing) is black.

>The Olds Rocket emblem was deteriorated so this area is left "blank" and painted with the same subtly textured black finish. I can provide two metal inserts for these small areas fore and aft of the shifter and cover them with the same burled walnut woodgrain vinyl if you prefer that.

>Console Light Harness - complete, clean and intact

>Glovebox interior light lens and metal housing - clean and metal housing beadblasted clean and painted satin black

Overall - This started out as a clean console....other than the glovebox door there were no holes, cracks, breaks, etc in the console body, etc.

SHIFTER:

>Again, everything cleaned, beadblasted (where applicable), primed, painted, replated for the most part.

>Chrome shifter handle is driver quality...some bubbling in the chrome but not where it's peeling away the chrome, etc. Chrome itself still shiny. Woodgrain shift **** is included and is in good shape (not brand new but driver quality).

>Shifter base/mechanism - these were left bare metal by the factory so this one had the typical pitting on the top of the flat base surface. Beadblasted completely clean and painted with PPG DP90 Black Epoxy. New zinc attaching screws to attach it to the floor bracket area.

>Shift Gate - This is for a 2 speed auto but I can likely provide a 3 speed shift gate if you prefer that. Current 2 speed gate was stripped and zinc plated.

>Shifter-to-console side-bracket (towards front of shifter mechanism base) - beadblasted clean and DP90. New screws included

>Shift light plastic "reflector" - Clean. Cleaned and white paint reflective insert area redone with adhesion promoter.

>Shift indicator plastic "slide" - Clean and included

>Shift indicator "lens" (The "P R N D L" piece).....deteriorated and not included. Available repro for 2 or 3 speed auto setup.

>Nuetral safety switch wiring harness - Compete, clean and intact. Connector bar between switch and shifter handle zinc replated.

PRICE: $250 + shipping...may have some room in the price and can send more pics if needed.

Nice console and shifter setup that's been professionally worked over using top quality materials. Plenty of hours spent on this one....save yourself the trouble.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_3281.JPG (54.7 KB, 50 views)
IMG_3282.JPG (55.1 KB, 40 views)
IMG_3283.JPG (55.5 KB, 44 views)
IMG_3573.JPG (50.3 KB, 45 views)
IMG_3574.JPG (56.0 KB, 41 views)

Last edited by 70Post; November 24th, 2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2011, 07:45 PM

Additional pics below:
Attached Images
IMG_3285.JPG (61.7 KB, 45 views)
IMG_3286.JPG (52.7 KB, 42 views)
IMG_3295.JPG (52.6 KB, 36 views)
IMG_3293.JPG (62.4 KB, 36 views)