1990 olds 98 touring sedan

Search this Thread

Old January 29th, 2017, 01:07 PM

1990 olds 98 touring sedan

Are FWD 98's discussed in here or does anyone know of a good touring sedan forum? I just re-acquired my old 1990 touring sedan and it needs a little love and parts before I repaint and give to the wife for a sunny day driver. I have my 70 cutlass but she always loved the touring sedan as a daily driver. Any help greatly appreciated!
Old January 29th, 2017, 01:53 PM

Hello meoff,

As much as I'd like to see more here on all C and H body cars, there is not much. I'm one of OCA's advisors on TS cars and have discussed starting a TS chapter with the club president (who owns a '90 TS himself). I would, but I don't even think I could acquire the 25 participants required to start.

There is another forum that has more on the TS including one L67 swap, but it's still not much.

Most don't know it's perhaps the last genuine Oldsmobile W car; it was option W-12. I've always been impressed at how many special pieces Olds tooled up for the first gen TS. I have acquired a lot of material on them so if you have questions I can probably help.

If the car in this price lister had had a moonroof and Bose radio (the only two optional items) it would have been within a few thousand dollars of a new Corvette.

Last edited by Rocketguy; January 29th, 2017 at 03:50 PM. Reason: wrong pic
Old January 29th, 2017, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Rocketguy
Hello meoff,

As much as I'd like to see more here on all C and H body cars, there is not much. I'm one of OCA's advisors on TS cars and have discussed starting a TS chapter with the club president (who owns a '90 TS himself). I would, but I don't even think I could acquire the 25 participants required to start.

There is another forum that has more on the TS including one L67 swap, but it's still not much.

Most don't know it's perhaps the last genuine Oldsmobile W car; it was option W-12. I've always been impressed at how many special pieces Olds tooled up for the first gen TS. I have acquired a lot of material on them so if you have questions I can probably help.

If the car in this price lister had had a moonroof and Bose radio (the only two optional items) it would have been within a few thousand dollars of a new Corvette.

Old January 29th, 2017, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by meoff
Are FWD 98's discussed in here or does anyone know of a good touring sedan forum? I just re-acquired my old 1990 touring sedan and it needs a little love and parts before I repaint and give to the wife for a sunny day driver. I have my 70 cutlass but she always loved the touring sedan as a daily driver. Any help greatly appreciated!
mine does have the moonroof and Bose stereo but needing a couple flexible pieces by rear bumper! When I owned it before I threw down at least 100,000 miles on this car before I got rid of it and then realize I really missed a nice road car