The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

67 Cutlass Supreme in France

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2017, 12:35 PM
Sev

67 Cutlass Supreme in France

Hi !

My name is Severine, i'm 25 years old
I'm from Commelle, a small village in France near Lyon.

I'm a new member of Classic Oldsmobile so i'd like to present my project :

I bought a 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme not far from my home 4 years ago.
I like this car very much, i discovered it in the "Sons of Anarchy" TV show.
In France I've seen a lot of different muscle cars in meetings through years but never this one.
I wanted to have this car cause it is rare here.

So i bought it to a young man who couldn't restore it anymore for personal reasons.
He sold it with regrets. He has been restoring it for 5 years but didn't know that much about mechanics, he did his best though. The car didn't start at first but my father found what was the issue, it had not moved since 10 years.
Yet the engine had been redone by a pro, the car was very dirty but the interior was new.
Motor is a 330 ci V8, tranny is a Jetaway 2 speed with shifter on column. The car was Champagne sparkle from the factory, with beige interior. It now has a totally redone black interior.

Former owner gave me a lot of parts with the car (original interior parts, rims, tires, complete exhaust system…)
Ever since, I have continued to restore this beauty with my dad (who has owned a 71 Mustang in the 80s).

Today, my Oldsmobile runs very well but i still have a lot of things to do : to find a rear bumper (the one installed on my car is a 1966 Cutlass rear bumper), 1967 front lights/bezels (the actual ones are from a 66 too), a new dashboard (mine is correct but the bindings are broken) and many other small things…
It has a ratty look right now, but of course I plan to have the car totally repainted in my favorite color : dark violet.

I hope i may find some parts with the help of Classic Oldsmobile members, discuss with passionate people and discover other cool Oldsmobile cars

I will post some pics later.
Old January 8th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Sev

A few pics :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_5582.jpg (1.44 MB, 61 views)
IMG_4058.JPG (110.7 KB, 54 views)
IMG_4055.jpg (294.8 KB, 49 views)
DSC_5546-2.jpg (1.17 MB, 49 views)
P1010299.jpg (1.25 MB, 55 views)
Old January 8th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Old(s) Fart

Welcome. Very cool. Be advised that your inside door handles have been swapped side-for-side. The paddle should be forward, not rearward. Also, the door armrests are missing. The door panels should look like this:

Also, while your car is very cool, it isn't really considered a musclecar. Unfortunately these days any American car from the 1960s with a V8 is called a musclecar, but in reality this was just a run of the mill transportation car. Still cool, but not really in the sale league as a 442 or GTO (both of which has substantially larger motors). I say this because most modern economy cars will be quicker than this one, and calling it a "musclecar" gives those who don't know the impression that American musclecars aren't that quick. Real ones are. This is a nice example of a 1960s cruiser. Enjoy it.
Old January 8th, 2017, 02:03 PM
Old(s) Fart

I also should mention that my wife and I have a small house in La Roque sur Ceze, about 2 hr from you (near Avignon). We try to get over there once or twice a year.
Old January 8th, 2017, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Welcome to the site, nice start for a project. You should have no issues finding parts.
Old January 8th, 2017, 02:15 PM

Welcome and you could not have joined a better site for Oldsmobile's.
Old January 9th, 2017, 05:53 AM

Welcome to C.O. Congratulations on your purchase of a very solid looking Cutlass. Post the parts needed in the "Parts Wanted section" and you should find what you need. These cars were known for being very dependable,and it should get a lot of attention there,once you get it finished. Best of luck,Larry
Old January 16th, 2017, 06:20 PM

Salut et bienvenue sur notre site!
C'est un réel plaisir de voir des français habitant en France se joindre à notre groupe.
J'aimerais voir d'autres photos de la voiture dans des paysages typiquement français. Voir ces belles voitures que nous aimons tant rouler dans la campagne française est pittoresque.

Please don't think my French is that great. I am cheating: my wife wrote this for me.
Old January 16th, 2017, 07:58 PM

Great car, the inside looks great! It should be easy to find a rear bumper but it may need new chrome. Here a chrome job for one bumper is approximatly 500 to 700 U.S. dollars, and shipping to France may be pricey. Maybe someone has a good driver quality bumper they can sell you. I had my bumper replated at a place called Ogden Chrome, they are in Ogden, Utah 800-453-3007, they did a great job on my bumper. Perhaps they have a 67 bumper or can find one to chrome for you then ship it to you. I think it was $600 for each bumper.
Old January 16th, 2017, 08:07 PM

Hello and welcome to Classic Oldsmobile!

Nice to get more European members here. And nice car too. Those black steelies suit it very well!
Second-last pic from inspection station?
Old January 17th, 2017, 09:00 AM

Welcome to the site. Nice car.