wiper motor, and best aproach to replace it

Search this Thread

Old October 5th, 2009, 06:36 PM

wiper motor, and best aproach to replace it

I lost the wiper motor on a 98 intrigue. Picked one up, but have not had time to put it in yet, looked under the hood and am guessing it is under the cowl screen. I don't have a manual on this thing and don't have much in the line of free time any more. has any one replaced one of these before? Are there any tricks or special tools I should know about and Am I correct in my assumption on placement and approach to it. I have heard about cars out there that have them up under the dash, and am hoping this isn't one of them. Any help is appreciated.
Old October 5th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I hope this is easier than the power antenna I tried to replace on my 94 Corvette this weekend. Got it disconnected from the mount but could not get the harness out. Good luck on this one.
Old October 6th, 2009, 06:40 AM

Chad, I suggest you buy a manual for your car. I always buy a Chilton's manual for my daily driver. It seems most people on here don't like Chilton's manuals but maybe that is for older cars. The good thing about a Chilton's manual is that you can buy them at your local auto parts store.
Old October 6th, 2009, 04:41 PM

DUH!!! I forgot the car came with one of those. Got the new motor in. With the old one the wiper arms were at attention in the off position. Well that is fixed now...BUT now they are standing at attention when the wipers are in the pulse position. They function otherwise, but I would like to get this old girl back to right...or better if I can. Thoughts? Electrical never was my forte.