Best source for replacement carpet?

Search this Thread

Old August 6th, 2014, 11:31 AM

Best source for replacement carpet?

Good afternoon. I'm looking to get some replacement carpet for the Jetstar1. Right off the bat, no one has a listing for the Jetstar1, so I'm assuming 65 Starfire 2 door would be the same. Probably because I'm not big on internet purchases, I'm reluctant to whip out the credit card number for a company I haven't had dealings with. If anyone has had good dealings with one of the numerous internet companies, I'd appreciate the input. Thanks, Jim.
Old August 6th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Beer Connoisseur

I dealt with these guys plenty of times. Never any issues. They have a listing for your car.
http://www.stockinteriors.com
Old August 6th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Frank Ignachuck

ACC makes just about all the carpets. They sell to many companies. Try comparing prices at Automotive Interiors and Accessories, Auto-Interior.com, Auto-Truck Trim Supply, Pro-Fit, Stock Interiors. They are all in the same range. Look at the differences in shipping costs too. I went with Automotive Interiors and Accessories because I bundled in the headliner, windlace, seat covers and seat build kits into one package for a little bit better deal.
Old August 6th, 2014, 12:08 PM

An 88, plain jetstar, or Sfire should take the same carpet and probably interchange with 1966 models as well, maybe more. ACC Auto Custom Carpet sells a nice product. I know the 65 Sfire has sewn in floor mats from the factory but dont think these are being reproduced or supplied with new aftermarket carpet.
Old August 6th, 2014, 04:14 PM

Thanks for the input. I need a headliner as well, so I'm going to try to bundle all of it from the same place. It'll be a neck straining weekend, lol! Thanks again, Jim
Old August 6th, 2014, 04:31 PM

Location: Orion Township Michigan 30 Miles North of the Murder City
Jim ..by no means am an expert at this but.The Carpet set it will come bundled up in a box..Let it sit in the sun if you have it available..When cutting your holes for he seat fasteners .Seat Belts .Use a Soldering Iron.It will melt the substrate and seal the material.Most carpet sets nowadays are made of Olefin.It will melt and seal the strands That way it won't unravel. Much cleaner install.
Old August 6th, 2014, 04:48 PM

Thumbs up

Excellent suggestion Ron

Brett
Old August 6th, 2014, 06:42 PM

That's a fantastic tip, using the soldering iron for the holes. Ironically there was a soldering iron in a box of parts in the trunk when I bought the car! It scared me at first and I immediately began looking for hacked wiring, but all was good. You're never too old to learn a new trick! Thanks, Jim
Old August 7th, 2014, 08:50 AM

Seatbelt locator

I just finished installing my new ACC carpet (actually 12 years old) on my 68 442. I took an old seat belt bolt and drilled a hole in the top. I then screwed a sheet metal screw into it. I then ground it to a point. You can thread it into the hole in your floor pan (after you get everything lined up right) Lay the carpet over it, a piece of wide masking tape on top of the carpet doesn't hurt. Give it a tap with a mallet and you then use your soldering iron and make a nice hole.

Tom
68 442
70 F85
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Seatbelt locator.jpg (46.0 KB, 58 views)
Old November 15th, 2014, 10:27 AM

Finally wrapped up the interior project, thanks all for the tips. I still need to come up with some seat belt retractor covers, maybe Santa will come through, lol! Did the carpet, reconditioned the door panels, and installed the headliner. Man, those headliners are a killer to install with the glass in the car. Combine that, with the likeliness they packed the thing in the box with a ten ton press, makes for some testing of the patience.
Attached Images
jet3.jpg (60.5 KB, 50 views)
jet4.jpg (88.4 KB, 44 views)
jet5.jpg (38.4 KB, 43 views)
Old November 27th, 2014, 05:36 PM

I just bought my carpet from j.c. Whitney the price and shipping was great and I got a exact match the cost was approx. 150 total

amazon is the best and cheapest by far for door seals I bought a complete set for my two door hard top 100 dollars plus free shipping could not believe it all four gaskets for 100 dollars . the thing about amazon is they only list the part number I had to go to other sites to get part number and copy and paste it