Headliner Bow Holes

Search this Thread

Old December 27th, 2016, 01:59 PM

Headliner Bow Holes

Unfortunately my headliner bows were removed without the holes in the body being marked. I think there are 3 different holes for each bow. Can someone tell me what holes the bows are supposed to go in or is it just a matter of test fitting as the liner is installed?
Old December 27th, 2016, 02:50 PM
Ben

Pretty much just test fit as you go. And it may not be the same side to side. Often its the middle hole on one side then the middle or top on the other.

I would test fit the rods w/o the headliner first to make sure you have the order right and that they do infact go into the holes you want them to.

If the rods have been painted or powdercoated, and/or the roof (holes) then you may have a hard time getting them in- so test fit first.
Old December 27th, 2016, 04:55 PM
Out of Line, Everytime😉

X2, put them where the stretch is right. Trim the ends of the sleeves, looks smoother and makes clipping them in easier. Be careful with the plastic clips, they are brittle after nearly 50 years, I broke a few.
Old December 28th, 2016, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by RAMBOW
Pretty much just test fit as you go. And it may not be the same side to side. Often its the middle hole on one side then the middle or top on the other.

I would test fit the rods w/o the headliner first to make sure you have the order right and that they do infact go into the holes you want them to.

If the rods have been painted or powdercoated, and/or the roof (holes) then you may have a hard time getting them in- so test fit first.
Thanks for the info Ben

Originally Posted by olds 307 and 403
X2, put them where the stretch is right. Trim the ends of the sleeves, looks smoother and makes clipping them in easier. Be careful with the plastic clips, they are brittle after nearly 50 years, I broke a few.
I broke a few clips when I barely touched them. Ordered a set of the large and small ones from OPGI yesterday. Man, they really are proud of those things based on the price. I guess I should just be thankful someone still makes them