Inner windowfelt Cutlass 1966

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2016, 03:30 PM

Inner windowfelt Cutlass 1966

Hi
Bought a weatherstripe kit from opg but when I was looking at the inner windowfelt it had pre-drilled holes in it but in my door I have larger holes for clips. The holes do not match and I tried to search for clips on line but found nothing. Should I just drill new holes in my door and mount the windowfelt with screws?? The outer windowfelt has clips in it, strange.... Tought maybe that I could use the old clips from the original windowfelt and mount them in the new one from Opg. Glad for some input..
Old May 30th, 2016, 04:41 PM

I'm kinda following what you said so let me tell you about the felts I got for my 68 Cutlass. I got mine from Tamraz. When I got them I couldn't figure them, I figured they were backwards. The felt was on the outside and the wiper on the inside. The clips and mounting holes were all wrong, seemed backward. Called them and they told me, in a slightly snotty way, nope that's them and their right, if you don't like em send em back. We'll took me a couple days to think about it and then I remembered I might have the old ones. Found them and I'll be damn ed they were right. Once I realized this they fit perfect. Still seems backwards to me.