1967 Power Seats

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2016, 08:13 PM

1967 Power Seats

Did the 67 cutlass have the option of power seats? And if so where would be a good place to start to get it working?
Old January 12th, 2016, 09:43 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by Lucas Cowdrey
Did the 67 cutlass have the option of power seats?
RPO A41, $69.51

And if so where would be a good place to start to get it working?
Get a 1967 Fisher Body Manual, which has the power seat wiring and service instructions.
Old January 13th, 2016, 05:46 AM
Oldsdruid

Is it already a power seat car? Does it do ANYTHING when you work the switch?

If the motor runs but seat doesn't move, it's a solenoid or seat transmission problem.

If you hear a click when working the switch but seat doesn't move, the seat transmission solenoids are working and it's a motor problem.

If nothing happens, it's either a power source or circuit breaker problem. I think the 67 A-body power window and seat circuit breaker is on the firewall, driver side, underhood. Trace its source side power feed wire back to the junction block too. It may simply be unplugged under the seat, but if it is, you need to find out why before you burn the car down. Power seats and cigarette lighters have burnt a bunch of cars.

But as Joe P says, a chassis manual and Fisher Body manual are your friends here.
Old January 13th, 2016, 08:50 AM

I have rebuilt several of these. More often than not they have more than one problem. The most common problem is all the grease is dried up in the transmission. If it has never been done it will need rebuilt. Then you have the seat tracks. They will need dissembled and cleaned and regrease them. The drive cables will likely need lubed inside also. If you find you do not have power going to them and the above has not been done I am willing to bet it will even after you fix the power problem.

Is this bucket or bench seat?
Old January 14th, 2016, 11:32 AM
Ben

Its a lot easier to work on these once they are out of the car- You can use a square drive drill bit on a power drill to manually turn the cables to move the seat back and forth enough to access the floor bolts.

there is a plastic access cover on the front of the bottom cushion. Remove the screws to open it, then you'll see two square circles. find the square drive bit that fits, then turn each a little bit to figure out which ones goes up and down and which front and back, then move the seat to access the bolts and remove it from the car.
Old March 13th, 2016, 03:09 PM

I am in the process of installing the power seats in my car and I have a few questions.

1.)How does the power feed wire connect to the fuse block? When I purchase thepower seat set it did not include extension power seat feed wire. I saw OPGI had one so I got one. What I got was one side of the wire wasa Packard56 connector (male) and the other wasan eye hook. My power seat has the Packard56 female connector forpower but where does the eye hook connect to? My fuse block has an openslot labeled “PWR WIND”. Can I plug the power seat in to this slot? I was going to cut the eye off and replace it with a Packard56 male then plug it in. I checked the fisher body manual and itdoes not say where to plug it into clearly. The wiring diagram says “to Circuit Breaker”.

2.) Are the power seat “Track Cover Supportsbrackets required toattach the power seat tracks to the bottom of the seat? These brackets lay onthe top of the track and get sandwiched in between the seat bottom and the track. The seat mounting bolt goes through them.

3.) Can someone post a picture of the 4 way powerswitch attached to the seat? I would like to know the position of it on theside of the seat.

My Car is 1966 F-85 with bench seats