General Questions Place to post your questions that don't fit into one of the specific forums below.

Line replacement costs

Search this Thread

Old November 20th, 2010, 07:31 AM

Line replacement costs

Good Morning!

It's a sunny 35 degrees here in Will County this morning at 915am! How is everyone today? I have quite a loaded question I'd like to throw out to everyone...

On my 68 Cutlass Supreme that's basically been sitting in a San Diego, CA. Oldsmobile dealer heated showroom from '77-'09 and with 91k miles does anyone have a clue as to price I am looking at for labor (installation) and parts for new electrical lines, brake lines and fuel lines for my car? I have spent quite a bit on this car in the last 4 months. The body is original with no rust, original lacquer paint, full vinyl roof, vinyl interior and original undercoating. I had ALOT of gaskets, hoses and mechanical work done. Engine does not leak or burn oil, trans shifts great and don't leak, brakes all re-done, water pump replaced, A/C recharged and converted to 134-A. Can anyone give me their honest advice based on their experience what price I should expect to pay for having these 3 items replaced? There are no leaks in brake or fuel lines, I just need a form of "heeded advice " as to what to expect when they do need replacement. Car is for sale cause I need the room and the money. But I simply love how car drives and looks! I am just battling whether I should keep car for that purpose or sell cause I don't have money to spend on something like these 3 items in question and yes...I know there are always that "But..."

Please give me your honest opinion.

Thank you!
Old November 21st, 2010, 04:31 PM

Why replace electric if it is in good shape? I replaced all brake and fuel lines. Some of the lines I could do myself. I paid to have the longer fuel and brake lines installed that follow along the frame under the car and the brake lines that are clipped to rear axel. I bought the lines from Inline Tube and I forgot what the total cost of material, but the install cost was about $350. That included replacement of all the holding clips and bleeding of brake lines5

Last edited by coltsneckbob; November 21st, 2010 at 04:34 PM.