General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Ogden Chrome Summer Sale

Search this Thread

Old June 19th, 2014, 02:01 PM

Ogden Chrome Summer Sale

Hey gang,

Ogden chrome is doing some work for me and since this is their slow season, they are running a special:

$150 off any order of $300 or more!

These guys did my front bumper and a pair of bumper guards and they came out beautifully. They're currently doing my rear bumper and a pair of door handles and I cannot wait to get them back!

Call 1.800.453.3007 and ask for Tito. Tell him John C. with the 76 Olds 98 referred you if you don't mind. They are very happy to help out customers who bring them business.
Old June 19th, 2014, 03:04 PM

Wow, perfect timing, I have a couple of pieces I need to get done. Do you know how long their special will last?
Old June 19th, 2014, 05:36 PM

Hey Randy. Tito only mentioned that it was a summer sale because they tend to be slow in the summer months so I don't know exactly when it expires. Give him a call and ask. Just please return the favor and tell him I referred you.

Good luck and thanks!
Old June 19th, 2014, 05:47 PM

Good Deal. I will call him tomorrow!! Thanks for the info.
Old June 19th, 2014, 05:58 PM

Happy to help. I told him I'd post it on here and I'll also tell my local club.
Old June 19th, 2014, 07:32 PM

So what was the actual cost for a bumper? I need my front and rear bumper plated, rear is slightly bent. Im in Texas, where are they located.
Thanks
Steve
Old June 19th, 2014, 07:40 PM
GM Enthusiast

John,

I'm looking to do a rear bumper too so I'm glad for the personal recommendation. Are they local to us?
Old June 19th, 2014, 07:47 PM

They did my bumpers and I am very happy with the outcome.
Old June 19th, 2014, 08:09 PM

what are they charging u $$$
Old June 19th, 2014, 08:47 PM
Justin

Ogden chrome is located in Utah not sure if there is other location
I know they do great work

They quoted me 425 for my dented 65 cutlass bumper
Old June 19th, 2014, 09:51 PM

Free shipping to boot.
Old June 20th, 2014, 02:57 AM

Hi Steve, best thing to do is just call Tito for pricing. They look up pricing for every part individually so I really couldn't say. They're in Ogden, Utah but they cover FedEx ground shipping both way so don't worry about shipping costs.
Old June 20th, 2014, 06:39 AM

Hey guys,

I'm glad to see this is already getting a good response. Their prices have gone up since they did my front bumper a few years ago (I'm sure that's the same with just about anybody). As a returning customer, I was able to have my rear bumper and a pair of door handles (with thumb buttons) done for just over $600. They do now have a 5% EPA fee that they have to pass on unfortunately but still, it's a pretty good deal.

I can't speak for them but I would like to think A body bumpers might be a little less expensive than C body...maybe??
Old July 9th, 2014, 08:33 AM

Good morning, so, FEDEX just dropped off a big package at my front door. As I had posted earlier, I had a couple of pieces that needed to be re-chromed, and I called Tito to set it up. I sent them a Driver Quality front bumper and a Hurst Shifter Handle less than 3 weeks ago, and was able to take advantage of their Summer Sale. All I can say is WOW! The bumper looks BRAND NEW, PERFECT! Shifter handle does too. If you need chrome work done, OC has highest praise!
Old July 13th, 2014, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by RandyS
Good morning, so, FEDEX just dropped off a big package at my front door. As I had posted earlier, I had a couple of pieces that needed to be re-chromed, and I called Tito to set it up. I sent them a Driver Quality front bumper and a Hurst Shifter Handle less than 3 weeks ago, and was able to take advantage of their Summer Sale. All I can say is WOW! The bumper looks BRAND NEW, PERFECT! Shifter handle does too. If you need chrome work done, OC has highest praise!
Hey Randy, that's great. I'm really glad this worked out for you. The New England Olds Club president is also going to post this in an upcoming newsletter.

My rear bumper and door handles are on their way back now and I cannot wait to see how they turned out!
John
Old July 22nd, 2014, 12:22 PM

So I got my rear bumper back from Ogden the other day and it looks AWESOME! I have a bit of work to do before I can mount it but it is going to be such a great update to the back of my car, I cannot wait. The door handles came out awesome as well and they're already on the car looking pretty.

I don't know exactly how long they're running their sale but call Tito for information.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 12:41 PM
Justin

Originally Posted by 76 Regency
So I got my rear bumper back from Ogden the other day and it looks AWESOME! I have a bit of work to do before I can mount it but it is going to be such a great update to the back of my car, I cannot wait. The door handles came out awesome as well and they're already on the car looking pretty.

I don't know exactly how long they're running their sale but call Tito for information.
Question did you do street or show chrome ?
Old July 22nd, 2014, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by oldstata
Question did you do street or show chrome ?
I'm sorry that I have to ask, but what is the difference between the two? It's triple plated and it's a perfect mirror. I don't know which you would consider that.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 12:50 PM
Justin

I'm sorry that I have to ask, but what is the difference between the two? It's triple plated and it's a perfect mirror. I don't know which you would consider that.
I called and they asked me witch one I wanted

My guess is they put more time in the prep work for show quality vs driver quality
Old July 22nd, 2014, 12:56 PM

I believe most all chrome plating is a 3 step process, with Chrome being the last coat. Show Chrome is dipped multiple times to insure 100 perfect coverage of the piece, with no pits or blemishes visible. Street Chrome is dipped only once. I had Street Chrome done on my stuff as it was'nt pitted, just a few small dents. The difference in price is a couple of hundred $$. They like to have customers opt for the show chrome as there is a lot more profit margin since it costs next to nothing to dip it again. (IMO).
Old July 22nd, 2014, 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by oldstata
I called and they asked me witch one I wanted

My guess is they put more time in the prep work for show quality vs driver quality
Oh ok. Mine is definitely show quality then and I couldn't see anybody calling it driver quality. How much of a difference in price was it and did he say if there was much difference in process? Maybe it's only double plated instead of triple? Or maybe they just don't go as far to make sure it's perfect. I know that they go over the whole bumper to make sure there are no dings, scratches, etc and also make sure it's overall straight.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 12:58 PM

I believe most all chrome plating is a 3 step process, with Chrome being the last coat. Show Chrome is dipped multiple times to insure 100 perfect coverage of the piece, with no pits or blemishes visible. Street Chrome is dipped only once. I had Street Chrome done on my stuff as it was'nt pitted, just a few small dents. The difference in price is a couple of hundred $$. They like to have customers opt for the show chrome as there is a lot more profit margin since it costs next to nothing to dip it again. (IMO).
Hey Randy,

That makes sense. You said you were really impressed with yours too, right? That's really nice to hear that driver quality is still really nice. How much was your bumper?

John
Old July 22nd, 2014, 01:12 PM

Hey Randy,

That makes sense. You said you were really impressed with yours too, right? That's really nice to hear that driver quality is still really nice. How much was your bumper?

John

Yes, my bumper looks brand new. My bumper was $450 (reg price $600), and $60 for the shifter handle.
As mentioned earlier, they cover all of the shipping costs both ways.
Tito told me that they have original molds for all of the Olds bumpers, and can straighten almost anything.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 01:37 PM

Yes, my bumper looks brand new. My bumper was $450 (reg price $600), and $60 for the shifter handle.
As mentioned earlier, they cover all of the shipping costs both ways.
Tito told me that they have original molds for all of the Olds bumpers, and can straighten almost anything.
$450 is really not bad considering you said it looks so good. When you can, post some pictures of the bumper. I'm curious to see how much different it does or doesn't look than mine.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 01:37 PM
Hookers under Hood

I would like my front and rear bumper done for my 76 cutlass, I think the shipping costs would be very expensive from Toronto Canada. I wonder is its worth giving him a call John?
Thanks Eric.
Old July 22nd, 2014, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by 76olds
I would like my front and rear bumper done for my 76 cutlass, I think the shipping costs would be very expensive from Toronto Canada. I wonder is its worth giving him a call John?
Thanks Eric.
Hey Eric,

At least within The States, they pick up the shipping to/from their shop but I don't know if that would apply going in and out of Canada. What's the harm in calling, right?

Call 1.800.453.3007 and ask for Tito. Tell him John C. with the 76 Olds 98 referred you if you don't mind. Let me know how it goes.

John
Old July 22nd, 2014, 02:54 PM

I talked to Tito about this when I was discussing sending in my bumper. He explained the difference between show and street is the time and effort put into the prep and build up of the copper layer. If you have a nice straight substrate, the street chrome will look as good as the show chrome. If your bumper requires straightening or welding he said the show chrome is the way to go. Cost of the show chrome is 25% more than street.

Old July 24th, 2014, 04:19 AM

Eric
I'm in Hamilton and need a rear bumper done also.
I may have a solution to our shipping and border issue.
PM sent
Joe
Old July 24th, 2014, 08:36 PM
Ca's Only Official OLZNUT

Will be watching this as I'm almost ready to send in my bumpers and trim.
Old July 25th, 2014, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by 66 Olznut
Will be watching this as I'm almost ready to send in my bumpers and trim.
Cool, I would call sooner than later, even if you're not 100% ready. That way Tito can give you a quote based on the sale. Make sure you talk to him and mention my name.
Old July 25th, 2014, 06:55 AM
morgan

Cool, I would call sooner than later, even if you're not 100% ready. That way Tito can give you a quote based on the sale. Make sure you talk to him and mention my name.
lol... i'm beginning to think you are getting a commission fro Tito
Old July 25th, 2014, 01:22 PM

I just called Ogden they said $775. per bumper for my 67 442. I told him about RandyS, a member here who just posted 2 days ago his 66(basically the same bumpers i have) 450. for his. First he said RandyS was mistakenly quoted the wrong price and they lost money on that deal. Then he called me back and said RandyS's price was a "June only" sale, and he didnt want me to think there was false advertising goin on. But thers still a "summer sale" at 10% off for both bumpers done at the same time.
Im callin bull $hit on that, but guess i wont be using them. Just call before you ship. By the way this price was not for show chrome, it was for street chrome!
Steve

Last edited by steverw; July 25th, 2014 at 01:26 PM. Reason: more info
Old July 25th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Justin

Originally Posted by steverw
I just called Ogden they said $775. per bumper for my 67 442. I told him about RandyS, a member here who just posted 2 days ago his 66(basically the same bumpers i have) 450. for his. First he said RandyS was mistakenly quoted the wrong price and they lost money on that deal. Then he called me back and said RandyS's price was a "June only" sale, and he didnt want me to think there was false advertising goin on. But thers still a "summer sale" at 10% off for both bumpers done at the same time.
Im callin bull $hit on that, but guess i wont be using them. Just call before you ship. By the way this price was not for show chrome, it was for street chrome!
Steve
They told me the same thing about being 10% off instead of the 150 for me I would have saved more than the 150
Now at 770 I think the quoted you the show chrome as that was was he said to me for my 65 and 64 bumpers driver/street was 550
Old July 25th, 2014, 04:06 PM

Just talked to them again after reading oldstata's post reply. The price has now gone down to $650. per bumper with 10% off of that, + 5% EPA fee =1,228.50 out the door. He said he didnt remember telling me 775 each but he was a fast talker LOL. He said it.
Good deal?
Steve
Old July 25th, 2014, 04:29 PM
morgan

Just talked to them again after reading oldstata's post reply. The price has now gone down to $650. per bumper with 10% off of that, + 5% EPA fee =1,228.50 out the door. He said he didnt remember telling me 775 each but he was a fast talker LOL. He said it.
Good deal?
Steve
sounds like he changes the price every time you talk to him, better get it in writing
Old July 25th, 2014, 04:49 PM

I have been using Tri City with n complains as of yet. They setup at Carlisle swap and you can drop stuff off and pick it up the next meet. You can ship bumpers to them as well. For show chrome they charge 500 per bumper but that does not include shipping. Ogden makes it pretty convenient by picking up the bumper. I guess it is a matter of choice and price.
Old July 25th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Justin

Good deal?
Steve
10% of 650 is only 65 bucks witch is 585 per bumper
Then you count shipping at 75-100 both ways don't sound bad as my quote had no shipping for my 65 and only one way shipping for the 64 bumpers
To me looks like the charge a small shipping fee still not a bad price for quality work
Old July 25th, 2014, 05:33 PM

Not sure what's going on with the prices being quoted by Ogden Chrome. When I talked to Tito, in June, he mentioned that the $150 off of $300 sale was during June only (he called it the June Sale). When I called back to actually book the order, Donovan took my order, and at first acted like he didn't know anything about the sale, then said that they were told that they could not offer it, it had to be Requested (which I of course did). The regular price for Street Chrome at that time was $605, show chrome was $805.
Old July 25th, 2014, 05:59 PM

This is not cool at all. Tito told me it was a summer sale...summer only starts at the end of June so I hope they're not backing out of it already. He told me to have people call him directly. Maybe nobody else knows of the deal he gave me and Randy or maybe he got in trouble for discounting too much???

I'll call him and try to see what's going on. I don't like how this is being handled, especially with my name on it.
Old July 25th, 2014, 08:23 PM

They told me Tito was out until Tuesday? of next week. I talked to Jose, he said he was the manager.
Steve

Last edited by steverw; July 25th, 2014 at 08:25 PM. Reason: more

Quick Reply: Ogden Chrome Summer Sale