General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Another Olds movie sighting

Search this Thread

Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:52 PM
Oldsdruid

Another Olds movie sighting

As many times as I have ever watched "Troll" (worth watching to see June Lockhart when she was still in her prime, plus her spittin-image daughter Anne) I had never noticed the 1970 Delta Royale coupe in the background scenes until today.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 08:50 AM

Can't say that I have ever heard of that movie. Is it about the Oldsmobile, or is it a drama?
Old August 3rd, 2008, 10:28 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey rocketraider,
you're not alone with that comment about June Lockhart. Especially in her prime. Remember when she was wearing the "futuristic" cling tight in the original tv series LOST IN SPACE? The Jupiter 2 could have been an Oldsmobile and I wouldn't have noticed either, she and Judy were hot. BTW I think I'm dating myself a little with this info.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Allan R
BTW I think I'm dating myself a little with this info.
Nah, "Danger-Danger" [ said as the Robot's head lights up and spins his around]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
robot.jpg (2.9 KB, 7 views)
Old August 3rd, 2008, 01:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Allan R
Hey rocketraider,
you're not alone with that comment about June Lockhart. Especially in her prime. Remember when she was wearing the "futuristic" cling tight in the original tv series LOST IN SPACE? The Jupiter 2 could have been an Oldsmobile and I wouldn't have noticed either, she and Judy were hot. BTW I think I'm dating myself a little with this info.

Dating yourself? how about this. I remember when June Lockhart was on Lassie and was Timmy's mother, I was shocked when she drove the pick-up, moms and girls didn't drive trucks. My mom didn't even drive then. I have the small battery operated B-9 robot in the pic, says Danger-Danger and other things while rotating back and forth, also has a guard function, they made a really cool big remote control one I see at toy shows, the original is like gold. I think its original name was supposed to be "Gunther", they refer to him as "Robot" and is commonly known as the B-9. In an early episode they were unloading the robot in a crate and on the side were the individual words vertically " Ground Utilizing Non-Theoretical Enviromental Robot" or the obvious acronysm "Gunther".

Allan H

Last edited by Bluevista; August 3rd, 2008 at 02:00 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2008, 07:56 PM
Oldsdruid

http://www.junelockhart.com/

Complete with pics from: Lassie (center) , Lost in Space (top right), and Troll (bottom left). Very simple website. Would be great to have more, but I expect she did it to keep anyone else from co-opting the domain.

Hmm. Farm women drove trucks, tractors, combines, whatever needed to be driven to keep things going. My Mama didn't like driving all that stuff, but she would. In addition to farming, my dad worked 4-12 shift in Dan River Mills, and Mama and I had to do a lot of the farm stuff in the afternoons when I got out of school. I can still picture her hilling up melons on a '54 Farmall Super A tractor, complete with big straw hat with green visor.
Old August 4th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Registered

I'm a city boy, I didn't even see a live cow up close until I was an adult, those things are huge.The cops had horses and the organ grinder guy had a monkey who was a little beggar, my grandpa lived with us and he did have a garden. I never saw a woman driving anything, so I was very confused. We used to walk to the grocery store and take a cab home full of groceries and 6 kids, at the time from 11 down to an infant, one more was on the way. My mom got her license in '61 along with a nice used '59 Rambler wagon, after that we went to the parks or the museums or the beach everyday it seemed, anything free.
Didn't June Lockhart turned into a Hippie after Lost in Space? I seem to remember some racy photos of her too, getting busted topless? That site is pretty sparse, send a letter or postcard for collectibles on the internet? seems strange, the robot must not be internet savvy.

Allan
Old August 4th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Allan H.
Gotta admit, we're 2 lucky guys to have such incredible names!!

re:
Didn't June Lockhart turned into a Hippie after Lost in Space? I seem to remember some racy photos of her too, getting busted topless?
Ok, now i've got to go looking. She's a classic and worth the look.