General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Fraud Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old November 19th, 2011, 10:48 PM

Hello

Last edited by llerrad; October 8th, 2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old November 20th, 2011, 02:40 AM

Well, you've certainly learned an important lesson. Never, ever buy a car without personally inspecting the vehicle. I've learned from being burnt in the past as well . Pictures lie and so do dealers sometime. Someone's definition of flawless may be different from yours.
I search maybe 6-7 classic car sites daily and have traveled great distances to view cars I've been interested in purchasing ( just recently in Madison, WI). I can't tell you how eye-opening it is when you compare the actual car to the car in the pictures....the difference is often dramatic.
Lesson: the internet is a great search tool but no substitute for your own eyes. If you see a car worth pursuing, contact the seller, maybe send a small refundable deposit, hop in the car or plane and eyeball the **** out of the car on-site.
I wish you luck with this problem. By going public with your story you're helping others avoid the same hassle and warning others to exercise caution when dealing with this seller.

PS. as an aside, the 72 is relatively rare. Post some pics if you have them. Who knows, you might arrange a three-way deal with dealer, new buyer and you to avoid any litigation.

Last edited by fmbjogger; November 20th, 2011 at 04:39 AM.
Old November 20th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Administrator

How about some pic's of the car also. We'd like to see what the underside looks like also. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you!!!
Old November 20th, 2011, 08:23 AM

From expierence, you started too high!
Go to the city that licenses him, and the BBB!
If they won't do anything, [but they will] then go to the county states attorney!
And he's licensed by the Secretary of State - call them, too!!
The more people you've got up his a$$, the more he's going to want to make this go away!
Everyone has 'skeletons in the closet', and used car dealers usually have a bigger closet!!
Old November 20th, 2011, 11:43 PM

Here is a good read for you from the turbo buick board. This guy went thru it all to get this dirt bag, in the end he didn't get a lot but its something.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/tur...n-learned.html
Old November 21st, 2011, 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by fmbjogger
Well, you've certainly learned an important lesson. Never, ever buy a car without personally inspecting the vehicle.
I think this sums it up fairly well, good luck.
Old November 21st, 2011, 02:49 PM

I bought the first Delta off eBay. I drove all the way up to Lodi, NJ to inspect it, then made the guy an offer to take it off eBay as a local sale.

It did need a center link, front tires, and rear wheel cyls for inspection. I knew about the tires
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:47 AM

Maybe your not looking in the right direction...sounds like internet fraud, if you used emails and viewed the car on a website and you made your decisions from viewing the site and it influenced your decision, you are a victim of internet fraud...

there is a special division of the government that has been established for this problem, because it is the fastes growing form of fraud..heres a link..stay diligent...

http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

ive used it, and it works...works very well..and for some reason the US government getting involved makes criminals shake in their shoes and makes them beg for forgivnence and they cant wait to refund money...

Last edited by marxjunk; February 26th, 2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old February 26th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Registered Luser

You should e-mail them a link to this thread also...IF they read it, and notice others are aware, they may start to think "let's put this to bed"....at least we know now to stay away from them. He won't sell another Olds, once this makes the rounds....
Old February 26th, 2012, 06:18 AM
Sammy70 455 Supreme

Originally Posted by oldcutlass
How about some pic's of the car also. We'd like to see what the underside looks like also. Good luck, I hope everything works out for you!!!
X2,
If want opinion or advice,please post pics.
Old February 29th, 2012, 06:50 AM

I am sure you can find a lawyer to take this case....and then officialy sue the guy. With the evidence you describe, surely the dealer will realize he can't win and will settle.
Old February 29th, 2012, 01:16 PM

I will say that parking it on grass will rot the underside also as it catches the moisture underneath the vehicle, no matter what friggin state you're in.