General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

What is it worth?

Search this Thread

Old July 23rd, 2009, 04:05 PM

What is it worth?

I have been trying to find out what my 68 cutlass sport coupe is worth and I'm not having any luck. Can someone let me know where to go to research or does anyone know. I have included a few pics, one pre primer, and the rest are current. The motor and trani are out but I still have. Everything you see is original as far as I know. I think that I am the 3rd owner. I bought it in 92 from a car lot, they got it out of a field. It had sat for 10 years but fired right up and ran great after a tune up. It has some minor body damage, but I know that there is someone out there that will fall in love with her like I did. I just don't have the time or money to restore her. I'm getting ready to price for sale. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
car2.jpg (59.1 KB, 25 views)
0618091343.jpg (20.9 KB, 15 views)
0618091345.jpg (56.1 KB, 22 views)
PHOT0041.JPG (148.8 KB, 20 views)
PHOT0044.JPG (178.1 KB, 30 views)
Old July 23rd, 2009, 04:11 PM

prices are all over the place these days. Lots of close up pictures of evey angle including under the hood in the trunk and the underside of the car are important if you want the best price. Engine size is it a 350 with 350 transmission? Were are you located. Most likely for the pictures I see anywere from 1K to 3K at the highest lots of work to be done. Good luck
Old July 23rd, 2009, 04:42 PM

Thanks for info, I was told it was the 350 rocket with 350 trani, but not sure if rocket. I can get trunk and under hood photos easily, but under pics don't know how that will happen, advice?. I can get pics of other side, it is it good condition no dents, just will take airing up a tire and pushing it out away from fence. It will take me a bit, but I will get them and post them. I am in Boise Idaho. I believe the car has been here all of its life. So dry hot desert type weather.
Old July 24th, 2009, 06:00 AM

I agree with Pat. Anywhere from $1000 to $3000 tops. Just push it away from the fence onto your driveway and lie down underneat it to get those pictures of the chassis. You can always slide a floor jack underneath it to raise it a bit.
Old July 24th, 2009, 08:16 AM

Thank you both. I thought that was about the price range. But I was beginning to doubt myself when people were low balling me at 200-400 offers. I will get those other pics soon. I was going to keep it and restore but life happened and just can't afford to do it. And finding the time with two disabled sons, just doesn't happen. I miss driving it. I plan on getting one later that runs. I can do most of the work myself, but starting with engine and trani out is more than I want to tackle by myself. Thanks again. Tina )
Old July 24th, 2009, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by TMON
Thank you both. I thought that was about the price range. But I was beginning to doubt myself when people were low balling me at 200-400 offers. I will get those other pics soon. I was going to keep it and restore but life happened and just can't afford to do it. And finding the time with two disabled sons, just doesn't happen. I miss driving it. I plan on getting one later that runs. I can do most of the work myself, but starting with engine and trani out is more than I want to tackle by myself. Thanks again. Tina )
You could sell parts off of it and get more than that.. Tell the low ball people...............to get lost.
Old July 24th, 2009, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
You could sell parts off of it and get more than that.. Tell the low ball people...............to get lost.
I wouldn't really do this but I told the low ballers that I would send it to the crusher before I would sell it to them. I think that they were doing it because I'm a girl and figured I didn't know sh-- about cars. I don't know everything but I know some and if you can read and see you can figure just about anything out. (Hell, I re-roofed my own house by myself, just by reading a book. Granted everyone I know thought that I was crazy. I'm a tomboy but still feminine, so people just weren't sure about it.) Plus, I have been around muscle cars all of my life and helped my ex-husband replace many engines. So I have picked up alot. I think I was born with a wrench in my hands. Thanks for the parting advice. I have thought about it if I can't sell as whole car. I just didn't want to dismantle it. ( Tina
Old July 24th, 2009, 09:01 AM

I think that they were doing it because I'm a girl
Oh, you didn't say that!

In that case it is worth $600 at best. In fact, you better let your boyfriend, brother, uncle, or father sell it for you. They are probably more used to stuff like that.
Old July 24th, 2009, 10:05 AM

LMAO ;o) see what I mean. I get it, everyone is always trying to pull one over on us girls. ;o) I think I was a grease monkey in a previous life. I own more tools than my boyfriend. In fact he just about fainted when we first started dating and I did my own tune up and diagnosed car issue on my own. Not many girls own their own engine hoist. lol
Old July 24th, 2009, 10:45 AM

Tina,

We have a small but growing number of single gals on this site who turn wrenches as well as a few wives. I for one think its great. Post your general location and we can start the wheels turning to sell your car and get the best price. Then hang around the site and visit us you will find a car sometime in the future then we can help you with any issues. Good luck
Old July 24th, 2009, 10:46 AM

My daughter is only 3 months old and she is already helping me out with the Olds. She sat ontop of the Olds in her car seat while I took of the carburetor, water pump, and alternator.
Old July 24th, 2009, 10:53 AM

Tina,

I don't know where youu're at [in the veracular]

But this guy needs to borrow your engine hoist.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ain-hoist.html
Old July 24th, 2009, 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by citcapp
Tina,

We have a small but growing number of single gals on this site who turn wrenches as well as a few wives. I for one think its great. Post your general location and we can start the wheels turning to sell your car and get the best price. Then hang around the site and visit us you will find a car sometime in the future then we can help you with any issues. Good luck
That's awesome, most girls don't like to get dirty. I'm glad I'm not alone. I'm in Boise Idaho, help seeling would be great. I'll hang around. thanks Tina
Old July 24th, 2009, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Olds64
My daughter is only 3 months old and she is already helping me out with the Olds. She sat ontop of the Olds in her car seat while I took of the carburetor, water pump, and alternator.
That's awesome, teach them young and they will love it for life. We need more girls around that are willing to do some stuff themselves. I'm tired of girls playing the girl card. I think that it is stupid infact I didn't even know what it was till last year and it is irritating.;o)
Old July 24th, 2009, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Tina,

I don't know where youu're at [in the veracular]

But this guy needs to borrow your engine hoist.

https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...ain-hoist.html
I have to laugh at myself. I miss spoke earlier, brain fart, it happens often, hit by drunk driver 10 years ago. I have a cherry picker, sorry. But that guy lives to far to borrow he will have to buy his own. lol ;o) Tina