General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

What to put on vanity license plate?

Search this Thread

Old July 4th, 2010, 01:36 PM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Thumbs up Olds' or Guns!

Originally Posted by 442much
Now if you owned a gun and were driving around with it and were stopped by the cops, they'd ask what gun range you are going to or coming from and where you live. It better be direct or you could get a fine.
In SC you can carry a gun. When the economy went "south" we started having home invasions and a lot of break-ins.

The only firearm I owned was a .22 cal. bolt action repeater. I asked our local police (Sheriff) what kind of home protection a seasoned citizen should have. Without hesitation, the sheriff told me "a hand-gun or a long rifle is useless in a home entry. Told me to get a pump-action shotgun. He said "just the sound of the shell being chambered will send the burglar running!" Bought me a six-shot 20 ga. short barreled and a bunch of buckshot. Most of the pick-ups around here have a gun-rack in the back window full of guns, along with the usual Confederate Battle flag!

I'm gonna shoot a few rounds later today to celebrate Independence Day.

--Don
Old July 4th, 2010, 04:46 PM

Smile 66 olds 98

Jodi's papa gave the car to her so jodi's plate reads papasgrl
Old July 4th, 2010, 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ddbord
I asked our local police (Sheriff) what kind of home protection a seasoned citizen should have. Without hesitation, the sheriff told me "a hand-gun or a long rifle is useless in a home entry. Told me to get a pump-action shotgun. He said "just the sound of the shell being chambered will send the burglar running!"
I don't disagree that a shotty is a great home defense weapon, but me personally I disagree with him completely that a handgun is useless.
http://www.primermagazine.com/2008/l...r-home-defense

Everyone has their own opinions, but I don't like leaving my shotgun out.
I sleep with my HK USP Tactical .45 with Hydrashocks right by my pillow so if I'm woken up I have it within 2 seconds.
Some people prefer an AR15 or AK47, but I like something compact I can use quickly.
I'm expert qualified multiple years now in M16 and .45 and 9mm, so it's what I'm best with.
I have a soon to be 3 year old explorer too, so large weapons have to be locked in a cabinet.

Shotty's spray, and if you need an accurate shot it's the wrong tool for the job.
I like pin point accuracy if I have to nail someone near a loved one. These are the things you have to consider.

Last edited by Aceshigh; July 4th, 2010 at 07:58 PM.
Old July 4th, 2010, 08:25 PM

Sweet tag...She loved it!

Had all paper work on my car...First owner, Ida Matthews...Have talked with her and told her I was going to have a tag with her name on it! Man, She was so tickled...
Old July 4th, 2010, 10:07 PM

My previous 66 Cutlass used to have 431 CID.
You could do...... 455CID,
or if it is .030" over- 461 CID
I liked it.