General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

Intriguing Question

Search this Thread

Old October 29th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cutlassgal
Is that where you've been?? Have you cussed a lot and used the BIG hammer??? I hear that usually works! Makes you feel better anyhow!
I've been trying to keep up with the leaves and fix the leaf blower.
My seester in Arizona has a green colored gravel front lawn and a cactus, no leaves, not much of anything really, her backyard looks like a catbox.
I think I would rather do leaves, I don't have any illegals cutting through my yard either, they cut yards around here but it's the grass..

I fixed the blower today.
It was the rear injection diverter valve.

Actually the billlionth of a micron fuel pick-up screen you have to take the whole thing apart to get too was clogged.
When the Vista fuel tank went bad I drained it and a bunch of crud went into the gas can I use for the blower. I think somebody I won't mention forgot and the stuff got in the tank.

When the ignition switch tumblers fell apart (common) in my late Astro van and froze the switch on the morning of my daughter's graduation party my evil twin Redgoat went ballistic.
He actually busted the head off my big old ball-peen hammer when he smashed it on my workbench in the garage.
When the head flew it dented my 60's original liberated-from-pizza-parlor-parking-lot trash can. It nearly creamed the side of the Vista Cruiser on the richochet but I leaped like a cat at least ten feet sideways through the air and caught the offensive flying projectile in my teeth.
Old October 29th, 2009, 03:30 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Bluevista

Actually the billlionth of a micron fuel pick-up screen you have to take the whole thing apart to get too was clogged.
When the Vista fuel tank went bad I drained it and a bunch of crud went into the gas can I use for the blower. I think somebody I won't mention forgot and the stuff got in the tank.

When the ignition switch tumblers fell apart (common) in my late Astro van and froze the switch on the morning of my daughter's graduation party my evil twin Redgoat went ballistic.
He actually busted the head off my big old ball-peen hammer when he smashed it on my workbench in the garage.
When the head flew it dented my 60's original liberated-from-pizza-parlor-parking-lot trash can. It nearly creamed the side of the Vista Cruiser on the richochet but I leaped like a cat at least ten feet sideways through the air and caught the offensive flying projectile in my teeth.
For a big guy you must be as nimble as a cat. I bet you have no problems crawing under the dash of that vista. I stand in awe.
Old October 29th, 2009, 04:13 PM
GM Enthusiast

Thank you very much!! I hope we're on the way now!! Capital One... Whats in your wallet? It damned sure ain't money!! LOL!!
I just noticed your Long Island location... I bought this Intrigue in Long island!!!
Boy you really had to travel far to find one! They really are nice cars, I still see a few of those on the road around here.
Old October 29th, 2009, 07:02 PM
Cutlass Lover

Our back yard is almost an acre, and we have a lot of trees!! Larry usually mulches up the leaves with his little tractor at least 6-8 times every fall, but hasn't been able to this year because of the shop move. He's been over there every night until late, hooking up and leveling up the machines and getting them running again so he can stay in business!! What a job that has been! He's working on the big bar grinder now. He mulched some last Saturday in the misty rain. I go around and rake them out of the flower beds and away from the house so he can mulch them! Thank God most of the trees are bare finally!

My seester in Arizona has a green colored gravel front lawn and a cactus, no leaves, not much of anything really, her backyard looks like a catbox.
I think I would rather do leaves, I don't have any illegals cutting through my yard either, they cut yards around here but it's the grass..

God I'd love to live in Arizona!!! Someday.... Give me a cactus and a catbox!! And hot... and sun... and hot... and blue skies... did I mention hot?

I fixed the blower today.
It was the rear injection diverter valve.

Smart A$$!! I hope yours was just a tad cheaper to fix than mine!!

No!! Say it isn't so!! Not Redgoat!!!! He seemed like such a nice guy! I'm just shocked!

Wow... What a man!! I'm impressed!!! Liberated -from-pizza-parlor-parking-lot trash can!!! I love it!! You just make me laugh!!!!!!
Old October 29th, 2009, 07:10 PM
Cutlass Lover

Originally Posted by OLD SKL 69
Boy you really had to travel far to find one! They really are nice cars, I still see a few of those on the road around here.
They are nice cars. I love my little plastic Olds! But she is making me crazy with this problem! I had a 1998 Intrigue that I bought in 2001. The first car I ever financed!! I sold it to a guy I worked with for his son, when I got the 2001. I traded in my 85 Delta for the 98 Intrigue because they were giving $2500.00 on any trade in, and I needed something newer. Those guys were laughing at me cause I didn't know what anything was in the Intrigue, or how it worked! LOL!!
There's a BIG difference between a Delta 88 and an Intrigue!! I cried when I drove away and left the Delta. There are quite a few Intrigues around here. I like their sporty look and they're easy to drive. Now if only I wasn't getting water in the trunk when it rains, and could get this air pump crap figured out ...... a lot more complicated than the Delta was!
Old October 30th, 2009, 12:14 AM

Take the bulb out and wait for something you can fix to happen.
Old October 30th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by citcapp
For a big guy you must be as nimble as a cat. I bet you have no problems crawing under the dash of that vista. I stand in awe.

I have long arms, headlight flashlight, pillow and a mirror.
Actually I have no problem getting in and under there it's the getting out part
that's the problem.

Hey Sandy, what's a rake?

Why don't you drive the tractor and let Nicole rake and give the poor guy a break.
You could let her drive the tractor, she'll need practice for when she takes all her buddies out cruising in The Prettiest One when she gets her license.

It's amazing how much homework mine would suddenly have to do when they smelled manual labor.

I have nearly two acres with lots of trees and it's not flat, also have three dogs, two are big and the leaves hide many things. My oldest daughter was blowing leaves once and I saw her giggling like crazy, I asked her what was so funny and she said the dog poo blowing around was a riot, that's my girl.

I spent all day yesterday after I fixed the blower doing my yard and my wife took the day off and did her mom's which is about the same size with plenty of trees too. A retired neighbor saw her and brought his 13-1/2 horse blower over and helped and they did it in no time.
I was a little envious when she told me, my blower is only 5 horsepower, I feel so inadequte.
I do have a backpack deal too, great for cleaning the house gutters, if I fall off the roof Ill blow up when good when I hit the ground.

I'm off to put the snowblower and chains on my old tractor and get it in the garage.
I still wish I had a big John Deere tractor.
Old October 30th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Cutlass Lover

I have long arms, headlight flashlight, pillow and a mirror.
Actually I have no problem getting in and under there it's the getting out part
that's the problem.

That sounds like you could be talking about something other than being under the dash in that big old wagon!!! Citcapp will pick up on that one! LOL!!

Hey Sandy, what's a rake?

That's one of them nasty 4 letter words!!!!

Why don't you drive the tractor and let Nicole rake and give the poor guy a break.

I'd rather rake!! Nicole mowed a few times, but Larry is so picky - no one can do it as he wants it - she won't do it again!! I don't blame her! LOL!!

You could let her drive the tractor, she'll need practice for when she takes all her buddies out cruising in The Prettiest One when she gets her license.

EEK is right!!! That wasn't even funny! Remind me to smack you the next time I see you!!! Hard, too!!! LOL! I don't think that's gonna happen!!!

It's amazing how much homework mine would suddenly have to do when they smelled manual labor.

It is, isn't it???

I have nearly two acres with lots of trees and it's not flat, also have three dogs, two are big and the leaves hide many things. My oldest daughter was blowing leaves once and I saw her giggling like crazy, I asked her what was so funny and she said the dog poo blowing around was a riot, that's my girl.

LOL!! I love it!!!!

I spent all day yesterday after I fixed the blower doing my yard and my wife took the day off and did her mom's which is about the same size with plenty of trees too. A retired neighbor saw her and brought his 13-1/2 horse blower over and helped and they did it in no time.
I was a little envious when she told me, my blower is only 5 horsepower, I feel so inadequte.

Ahhh, it's ok! Just think how great you'll feel when you paint the prettiest one's engine, and it looks soooo be-u-ti-ful and I post lots and lots of pictures for everyone to see, and I'm soooo happy, and talk about you like you're some kind of God or somethin!!! Ok, maybe not that, but you will definately be a hero!!!!!! And when I win that trophy.... !!!!!! OMG!!!!!

I do have a backpack deal too, great for cleaning the house gutters, if I fall off the roof Ill blow up when good when I hit the ground.

I'm off to put the snowblower and chains on my old tractor and get it in the garage.

Depressing isn't it?? Larry already had me fitted for the new snow shovel at the Home Depot the other day!!

I still wish I had a big John Deere tractor.
I wish you did too.... maybe one like this???

my51stbirthdayandprettiestoneput-8.jpg

Or this??

my51stbirthdayandprettiestoneput-7.jpg

Thanks for making me laugh!! I need it today!!!
Old October 30th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Registered

You have a little Deere too! That big one looks like fun, what do you need a snow shovel for?

I never thought of any double entendre, I must be slipping.

BTW Sandy, I get the trophy when you win.

I said I wouldn't take money to do it.
Old October 30th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Cutlass Lover

You have a little Deere too! That big one looks like fun, what do you need a snow shovel for?

No, they're both his deeres!! I have a Cutlass! I have to shovel by the doors, and on the deck, and paths out to my birdfeeders! That blade tends to tear up the grass!!!

I never thought of any double entendre, I must be slipping.

BTW Sandy, I get the trophy when you win.

I said I wouldn't take money to do it.
CRIES LOUDLY!!! EXTREMELY SAADD FACE.... Remember, you already have soooo many trophies, sittin around collecting dust, what could you possibly want with another one??? And I would cry. Like a girl. Really. It wouldn't be a pretty site. And I would whine too! Besides, I'm offering money, beer and food!! Ok, we can share custody!!
Old October 30th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Registered

CRIES LOUDLY!!! EXTREMELY SAADD FACE.... Remember, you already have soooo many trophies, sittin around collecting dust, what could you possibly want with another one??? And I would cry. Like a girl. Really. It wouldn't be a pretty site. And I would whine too! Besides, I'm offering money, beer and food!! Ok, we can share custody!!
I was just kidding Sandy, sort of.
Your car is green, should put a John Deere sticker on it, they got them at Tractor Supply in Middlefield. Watch out for the punk Amish gangs in the parking lot hanging out by their horses and buggies, they love that place and the Burger King right there. They sit around and smoke cigarettes and check out the "English" babes goin' to the King, I even think their horses smoke.

When you get that trophy it will be in a fine crystal display case in the center of your living room sitting on a revolving stand with spotlights trained on it and guard dogs surrounding it.

I can get you a trophy plaque if you go to Solon, almost guaranteed.
Just recently the club treasurer's wife was in the hospital for an operation and it was their son's birthday. He's a friend of my daughter so my sweet wife Laura baked him a birthday cake and took it over there, he owes me.

Remember that the Vista Cruiser will be done come hell or high water and we may be competing against each other so do you really want me painting the engine???

Beer and food is fine, this is between friends and I don't work for friends or family.
I will need money if you get to be a pain though.

The more I think of it I may have to do the work in my garage... in private, just me and her, no checking mileage and I promise to be a gentleman.
Old October 30th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Captain of my ship

I wish you did too.... maybe one like this???

Or this??

Thanks for making me laugh!! I need it today!!!
Yep I guess that's a tractor , maybe good for the snow you guys get
Round here I need something a little bigger
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
car pieces & house 009.jpg (83.5 KB, 5 views)
Old October 30th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Cutlass Lover

Wow Wolfman! That's a big tractor you got there!! I'm sure Larry would like to have one of those!! He's taken out a lot of trees, and done a lot of diggin with his John Deere. He has a tiller that attaches on the back, and he does a lot of peoples gardens in the spring. He took the tiller off a week ago or so, and put the blade on. He scrapes the snow and then scoops it up and dumps it in big piles. He plows most of our neighbors driveways for them. He likes to be on his tractor!
Old October 30th, 2009, 10:14 PM
Cutlass Lover

I was just kidding Sandy, sort of.
Your car is green, should put a John Deere sticker on it, they got them at Tractor Supply in Middlefield. Watch out for the punk Amish gangs in the parking lot hanging out by their horses and buggies, they love that place and the Burger King right there. They sit around and smoke cigarettes and check out the "English" babes goin' to the King, I even think their horses smoke.

When you get that trophy it will be in a fine crystal display case in the center of your living room sitting on a revolving stand with spotlights trained on it and guard dogs surrounding it.

I can get you a trophy plaque if you go to Solon, almost guaranteed.
Just recently the club treasurer's wife was in the hospital for an operation and it was their son's birthday. He's a friend of my daughter so my sweet wife Laura baked him a birthday cake and took it over there, he owes me.

Remember that the Vista Cruiser will be done come hell or high water and we may be competing against each other so do you really want me painting the engine???

Beer and food is fine, this is between friends and I don't work for friends or family.
I will need money if you get to be a pain though.

The more I think of it I may have to do the work in my garage... in private, just me and her, no checking mileage and I promise to be a gentleman.
You're funny! I'm not real familiar with Amish people! There's a Tractor Supply over here in Macedonia, about 10 minutes away! No Amish around. LOL! Though, come to think of it, I did see a lot of Amish guys working on the houses in the new developments a few years ago.

I must say, I like your trophy display suggestion!! I may have to hire some armed guards too!!! Put some electric fence around it... barbed wire... it will be harder to get to my trophy then it would be to break out of a prison!!!! Thanks for the offer of help with a plaque.... much as I would LOVE to have one, especially so easily, she has to earn it and be picked as the prettiest one out of all the competition! She's worthy.... I have faith!!! (I also have some 442 emblems to put on the sides! That will cinch it for sure)!

Now you know darned well that the Vista is going to get a lot of trophies! I'm sure she will be beautiful when you're all done, and she is unique! You don't see many of them - if any - at the shows. She will be very worthy of getting a trophy! And just think - it will be your trophy and not Redgoats! LOL!! I will be happy to be in competition with you, and of course I want you painting the engine - as long as it's not chebby orange! I'll be very happy for you when you win - you should know that! Heck, they might put you in the "other" catagory, so all hope may not be lost!

Me be a pain??? Never!! Just ask Larry! On second thought, not a good idea! I'll save lots of money! JK, JK! I just have to make sure there's no chebby orange paint on the premises, where ever that's gonna be! I dunno about leavin her alone with you - I'll have to check with Laura on that "gentleman" part!! I'm sure Laura would keep an eye on her for me though!
Old October 31st, 2009, 04:28 AM
Captain of my ship

Sounds like Larry and I are a lot alike cause I plow snow for people around here and till up lots of gardens in the spring. Some also get compost from me for their gardens. I have a large manure spreader that I use to pick up horse maure to use in making compost. Horse manure is the best to use cause it does not smell as much as all the others and they eat mostly hay and oats plus a little grass. Before I got hurt at work I was cutting down trees and doing some climbing around some transmission lines and backyards where you can't get a truck. Don't know if I will ever be able to do that again , I will have to wait until I get my spine straightened out. Til then I will play with the tractor and of course the Olds. I just ordered new manifolds so I can change the car from single to duel exhaust.