'68 Delmont Ventillation Vacuum Diagram desperately needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old September 17th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Ancient Olds Lover

'68 Delmont Ventillation Vacuum Diagram desperately needed!!!

Well, I guess lasting 42 years is an achievement, but that being said, all the vacuum lines for my ventilation control head have fallen off my control head and need to be re-installed. Not an insurmountable problem, but I am having a hell of a time figuring what vacuum line goes on which nipple.

The application is a 1968 Delmont Convertible with heater, but without A/C. There are 4 nipples, but I don't know what goes where. Can someone please give me a diagram I can follow without being able to actually see said nipples (nippi?).

I am desperate, as tomorrow, Sat. the 18th, I am taking my wife of 20 years on a date to the last remaining drive-in in Connecticut for a 70's retrospective ('Grease' and 'Saturday Night Fever'). There is a whole crew going in their old cars, and since it was my idea I'd hate to have to leave the Delmont tied to the Dock, so to speak.

Can anyone provide the necessary information so that I may be able to connect the various vacuum lines to their correct nipple?

thanks and I appreciate any help given,
Uncle Hulka
PS - By the way, that may be a personal record for the number of times the word 'nipple' has been used in a non-sexual topic.
Old September 18th, 2010, 05:08 PM

Sorry I'm a little late, but for what it's worth......

Still would make a great addition to my collection....you sure you won't take payments?

Good luck, let me know if this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
w 514.jpg (39.8 KB, 30 views)
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Ancient Olds Lover

Hey, Fatratmatt!

Thanks for the pic (from the '69 FSM?)! I figured it out and my wife and I just got back from our 'Date Nite" at one of the few remaining Drive In's in New England. The Delmont performed flawlessly and drove the hour Plus trip home warm and toasty!

This is just a great car!

Uncle Hulka