How to get to the hazard light knob to replace it

Search this Thread

Old November 19th, 2016, 05:28 AM

How to get to the hazard light **** to replace it

I have a broken hazard light **** on my 72 cutlass.So I wanted to see if it still works,so I used a small screw driver to push it in......but now since the **** is broke I cant get them to turn off......i know I will probably have to replace the ****.....is it just as simple as pulling the steering wheel off.Any tips would help....Thanks guys!......p.s. I just pulled the fuse so it wouldnt run my battery down.

Last edited by O-dawg; November 19th, 2016 at 05:45 AM.
Old November 19th, 2016, 06:14 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

You should be able to get into the hole with a pair of fine needlenose pliers and unscrew it.

Failing that, you'll need to pull the steering wheel and remove the switch to gain access to it.

If I recall, in some years or models (tilt vs non-tilt?) GM made a **** with a male screw that screwed into a hole in the switch, and in other years, the **** had a female screw, with a male threaded stub protruding from the switch, but I could be wrong.

- Eric
Old November 19th, 2016, 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by MDchanic
You should be able to get into the hole with a pair of fine needlenose pliers and unscrew it.

Failing that, you'll need to pull the steering wheel and remove the switch to gain access to it.

If I recall, in some years or models (tilt vs non-tilt?) GM made a **** with a male screw that screwed into a hole in the switch, and in other years, the **** had a female screw, with a male threaded stub protruding from the switch, but I could be wrong.

- Eric
Your exactly right!It was a simple little screw going right down the center of the ****.....I took the one off of my 64 impala convertible because they have the same design.....Screwed it into my 72 cutlass and it worked like a charm......Thank God for these boards.....You guys are always so helpful!
Old November 19th, 2016, 07:58 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

You're welcome!