The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2011, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by bulldog
Jamesbo, I was thinking I'd make this for supper tonight so I'm going to make a supermarket run for the poke and beef. What should I be buying for the best results, Regular,Lean or Extra Lean ???
Bulldog.

Go directly to Jail, do not pass Go, do not collect $200.

Why in de wild wild world of sports would you want to buy lean anything.Ya want de juices from de Poke to cook de taters and onion round de bottom of de dish right?

Hey, We made it to page 2 allready.
Old January 17th, 2011, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Bulldog.

Why in de wild wild world of sports would you want to buy lean anything.Ya want de juices from de Poke to cook de taters and onion round de bottom of de dish right?

What was I thinking, I should get life for that thought. Will the recipe gods ever forgive me.
Old January 17th, 2011, 11:54 AM

Bulldog.

Does that say "Diet Coke with bacon?" Good God, say it ain't so.
Attachment 184537
Old January 17th, 2011, 11:57 AM

Yes it do Ken,

I've actually tried bacon on cardboard and it's pretty good.
Old January 17th, 2011, 12:04 PM

Lets just pray its not DIET BACON as well ???
Old January 17th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Cutlass Lover

You're gonna like it Dan! It was purdy good!!!
Old January 17th, 2011, 01:09 PM

Morning all, face feels like I was hit by a truck this morning Great to see we are already onto page 2 Ken there is no way I would have extracted that tooth without drugs, it was friggin huge

Take care all, time for some more drugs then back to bed

Adrian

Last edited by Ausraven; January 17th, 2011 at 01:13 PM.
Old January 17th, 2011, 03:11 PM
STOP call'n it a Chevelle

We have mentioned Primus's music in other posts, seeing this can brings another to mind....

here's th chorus to PORK SODA

Grab yourself a can of pork soda
You'll be feeling just fine
Ain't nothin' quite like sittin' 'round the house
Swillin' down them Cans of swine

Here's the whole song if you wish to read more....

Adam

Pork Soda

Now listen up you know ya come home from working that nine to five andlay yourself down on burgundy couch, you know, it never really wasburgundy. It was red, and you painted with the goddamn sprinkler andnow you have bits and pieces of burgundy stuck to your but every timeyou get off of it. You never tell your family, you never tell yourfamily because, you know, ol' Junior, he's got no brains, and what canyou do? What can you do? (And old Junior, you know, got a little crazywith that P.B.J. that one day...??)CHORUSGrab yourself a can of pork sodaYou'll be feeling just fineAin't nothin' quite like sittin' 'round the houseSwillin' down them Cans of swineHa ha ha! Yes, Dad's an idiot alright!Well, alright, I'm really starting to worry about you. You had to havethat two-car garage with the large driveway so you could park thatgoddamn boat in it. If it wasn't for the boat (blah blah blah)CHORUSI like Kansas wine...Well, maybe it's something simpler, like your team lost or yourgirlfriend used to be a guy, you know, I don't know. I mean...(blahblah blah)
Old January 17th, 2011, 03:42 PM

To set the mood.....Attachment 184536
Old January 17th, 2011, 03:49 PM

Mmm... bacon. What did I want to say? I got distracted.

Ausraven, I think I know how you feel. Hope the pain goes away soon. Maybe you could come to Canada for recuperation. Step outside and instant freeze.

The winter temperatures have finally reached Canada's capital. It was -25C/-13F this morning when I left.

I have been trying different recipes lately, and I think I am going to try a few of Jamesbo's next. The potato soup sounds good.
Old January 17th, 2011, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by car_designer
Mmm... bacon. What did I want to say? I got distracted.

Ausraven, I think I know how you feel. Hope the pain goes away soon. Maybe you could come to Canada for recuperation. Step outside and instant freeze.

The winter temperatures have finally reached Canada's capital. It was -25C/-13F this morning when I left.

I have been trying different recipes lately, and I think I am going to try a few of Jamesbo's next. The potato soup sounds good.
Temps were the same here however they're calling for +2c (34F) on Thursday and +4c on Saturday. Break out the scuba gear.
Old January 17th, 2011, 10:28 PM

Poke = pork if ya r from round ere. Bye de bye, De south is in North America LOL

ok so always wondered what was the meaning of " a pig in a poke ".

So it means a pig n the pork ? that could be contentious I reckon even a polite way to say the boar is mating the sow !!

All the time ,if I had to guess , I would have said "taking a bit of a gamble ." They diverge quite some at school to hide the truth .
Old January 17th, 2011, 11:00 PM

Here's how they advertise it in Saskatchewan, the province east of us.

Old January 17th, 2011, 11:32 PM
...should get a life....

.....and in Australia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwi834EIa38
Old January 17th, 2011, 11:44 PM

442much

col wickham

lol .

Excellent

my word my naivety is being strained to understand .we don`t talk like that here or even insinuate --I will be at the church door 7.30 am ,praying for you
Old January 18th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

You guys are funny, lol!!! It's a beautiful morning here... cloudy, misty rain, but 36 degrees!! Birds are singing out there - lovely thing! We missed out on the ice they said we might get early. It was right at freezing when I took Nicole to work but roads were ok. Couple inches of snow expected tonight.

Geckon, a pig in a "poke" around these parts means a bag. Jamesbo has that southern accent you have to take in account, lol!! Pork is "poke", porch is "poach" like they forget the "R's"!! I love the way he talks, lol!

Dan... Did ya try the meat loaf??? Don't talk healthy around Jamesbo, lol! I'm like you though.... lean, healthy, low fat, low salt..... They ain't like that in the south, lol! But they sure can cook!

Adrian... sure hope your mouth is feeling better today. I remember when I had my wisdoms cut out when I was in my 20's... I turned black and blue and green from my jaw down into my neck..... and man did it hurt! Ate lots of soup for a few days, lol.

Ken... that sign rules, lol!

Have a great day all!
Old January 18th, 2011, 05:31 AM

Morning All, Well Jamesbo, I tried the meatloaf last night and as Sandy said, "It was purdy good". Only thing is it was so good my wife and daughter took the left overs to work leaving me none.

Col Wickham, I love that commercial, although I've always thought that commercials from down under were a little suggestive.

Ken, The Canadian sensors must have missed that one, or may'be they were porking the one they love.

It's a mild plus 2c today, they are calling for a mix of snow and freezing rain,so I guess I'll stay in today and make some Baked potato soup. Enjoy your day all.
Old January 18th, 2011, 05:54 AM

Mawn'in all

See thar, It didn't take us 1/2 a sec to get dis thread up and runn'in in it's normal sicko circles.

Bulldog, Thar's nutt'in mo better than a meatloaf samish fer super.

It's a mist'in down ere and de snow done melted away. Spose to be in de high 40's today.

Nice to know so many of my Olds friends enjoy sum/a poke. I been eat'in so much poke, I'm 'bout to founder on de stuff.

It took Sandy a while to learn to understand the Kings English but she caught on purdy good. When I told her God talks like Herman Tallmadge she decided she better prepare herself fer de pearly gates and know how to converse more better. Soon, I'm gonna intoduce her to the werks of Joel Chandler Harris so she can get sophisticated in her orat'in.

I got a hankering fer a Lobster Pot Pie or maybe sum Paella. Dis thread always makes me hungry.

Page 3 Ere we come.
Old January 18th, 2011, 06:00 AM
Will NEVER Grow Up!

Originally Posted by 442much
Here's how they advertise it in Saskatchewan, the province east of us.

Ken, I've seen the same sign here in South Carolina...

--Don
Old January 18th, 2011, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ddbord
Ken, I've seen the same sign here in South Carolina...

--Don
Are you sure Don? Your conservatives make our conservatives look down right liberal. I can watch US TV and see 100 people get killed in an hour, by gun, knife, bombs, etc. Janet Jackson shows a boob for a millisecond and civilzation as we know it is on the verge of collapse. So having a sign like that, really surprises me.
Old January 18th, 2011, 08:09 AM
Past Administrator

Originally Posted by arodenhiser
We have mentioned Primus's music in other posts...
Claypool's Bass is just so different. I don't like all of Primus's music but enjoy listening to them for his talent and creativity.
Old January 18th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo..... you and Ken just make me laugh!! Which is a good thing, lol!
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Oldsguy
Claypool's Bass is just so different. I don't like all of Primus's music but enjoy listening to them for his talent and creativity.

I agree, I love some of it, but also some of it seems mindless.
A lot of his sound is due to he normally doesn't use a 4 string bass.
sHe uses 6 string and sometimes even an 8 string (setup like a 12 string guitar) .

This is a pic of his Carl Thompson 6 String Bass

He uses it in the Tommy The Cat video here....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4OhIU-PmB8

Most people can sing along with most known song, on tv, "I'm goin' down to South Park....."

Adam
Old January 18th, 2011, 02:56 PM

See thar, It didn't take us 1/2 a sec to get dis thread up and runn'in in it's normal sicko circles.

Bulldog, Thar's nutt'in mo better than a meatloaf samish fer super.

It's a mist'in down ere and de snow done melted away. Spose to be in de high 40's today.

Nice to know so many of my Olds friends enjoy sum/a poke. I been eat'in so much poke, I'm 'bout to founder on de stuff.

It took Sandy a while to learn to understand the Kings English but she caught on purdy good. When I told her God talks like Herman Tallmadge she decided she better prepare herself fer de pearly gates and know how to converse more better. Soon, I'm gonna intoduce her to the werks of Joel Chandler Harris so she can get sophisticated in her orat'in.

I got a hankering fer a Lobster Pot Pie or maybe sum Paella. Dis thread always makes me hungry.

Page 3 Ere we come.
Wasn`t your man Mark Twain from down there. Did he have that 'southern speak ', so to speak.?
Or like 'Deliverance' speak maybe ?
Old January 18th, 2011, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by geckonz08
Wasn`t your man Mark Twain from down there. Did he have that 'southern speak ', so to speak.?
Or like 'Deliverance' speak maybe ?
I like Sam Clemens or Mark Twain. Wonder if Shania is related He has some great quotes.
Old January 18th, 2011, 04:34 PM

I like Sam Clemens or Mark Twain. Wonder if Shania is related He has some great quotes.
C'mon 442much, you gotta know that Shania Twain was born as Eilleen Regina Edwards in Windsor, Ontario and grew up in Timmins, Ontario. She changed her name sometime in the 80's to further her country career.

as Molson ads claim... she IS Canadian!

Adam
Old January 18th, 2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by arodenhiser
C'mon 442much, you gotta know that Shania Twain was born as Eilleen Regina Edwards in Windsor, Ontario and grew up in Timmins, Ontario. She changed her name sometime in the 80's to further her country career.

as Molson ads claim... she IS Canadian!

Adam
And Mark Twain was born Samuel Clemens under Halley's Comet and died in 1910 when the comet returned....so that would mean he was 76 years old when he died. I did not know that about Shania. So she changed her name, that don't impress me much.
Old January 18th, 2011, 08:44 PM
...should get a life....

Shame that Shania was born 55 years after Mark died....I guess "never the Twains shall meet"....yuk yuk yuk.
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:11 PM

So she changed her name, that don't impress me much.
LOL Likewise .In fact I don`t want to hear her original name again --nearly destroyed my whole Shania thought process lol.In fact I refuse to believe it !!!
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Col Wickham
Shame that Shania was born 55 years after Mark died....I guess "never the Twains shall meet"....yuk yuk yuk.
that fresh air is doin you well
Old January 18th, 2011, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by col wickham
shame that shania was born 55 years after mark died....i guess "never the twains shall meet"....yuk yuk yuk.:d
lol :d
Old January 19th, 2011, 05:24 AM

Morning All, It's a balmy +10F with the wind chill here in The Big Smoke,very cloudy and miserable.Tried the Baked Potato Soup, Tater Soup as Jamesbo would call it. Not bad at all. Sandy if you haven't tried it yet you have to,it's very good. You know a person could put on alot of weight just reading some of these receipes.

Last edited by bulldog; January 19th, 2011 at 05:47 AM.
Old January 19th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Cutlass Lover

Morning All!

Cloudy with freezing drizzle crap coming down now. In the 20's. Gonna be an ugly dank day.

Well Nicole drove last night the first time since her accident. I let her take the Intrigue to Macedonia to the hair place. It was foggy and yucky out there - I told her TURN THAT HEAD FROM SIDE TO SIDE BEFORE YOU PULL OUT ON ANY ROAD!! She said she was nervous driving again.

I should be getting my check from the dealer for the service contract. Called them Monday and the girl said the bank got the insurance check and she could clear the title and issue my check. So that's good! I also got a check from the bank yesterday for a whole $8.90 for some reason? Probably a percent of interest on the loan or something strange like that. Nothing on the stub... Hey, I'll take it!

I was going to go look at clunker cars this weekend, but it's supposed to be really cold, so I don't know. Can't get down and look under them real good in the snow and ice. We'll see.

We went and talked to a girl at State Farm Insurance last night. Had her quote the autos and the house, so she'll get back to us. Looks like money can be saved by going with them. She quoted me a "stated value" policy on the Cutlass - way way cheaper than Hagerty, which I just sent $242 on Saturday to renew my policy for the year. So I'll have to look at my Hagerty policy and compare. She said some guy around here just came in who has 5 classic cars and switched from Hagerty to them. I don't know. Going to go back and read our old thread to see what was said cause I can't remember. I want "agreed" value.

Jamesbo..... I got the stuff to make the baked tater soup last night. So hopefully I can make it over the weekend!

Well have a nice day all!
Old January 19th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Cutlass Lover

....You know a person could put on alot of weight just reading some of these receipes.

They certainly could!! Full of oil, fats, cholesterol.... just reading some of em makes my arteries shudder, lol!!
Old January 19th, 2011, 05:53 AM

Mawn'in

Mawn'in sez,

Foggy dank mawn'in down ere in de sunny south. I would post sum Mark Twain quotes but de are a might too political.

Ya'll don't know dis but a few years back I decided to write a cookbook.
I had a blast do'in it. I've given dem all away or I'd share with those who wanted one.

One of de things I like best bout it was it had a cookbook organzier in it. It's a simple thing but very helpful. Basically ya can make one fer yourself. It's just a list of favorite recipes, who really likes it, and what page and cookbook de recipe came from.

Fer those of us who have their spice rack deranged alphabetically it come in handy.

Ere's de recipe de jour fer ya

Tomato Hamburger soup

1 46 oz can V-8 juice
2 packages (16 oz each) frozen mixed vegetables--if possible, get Veg-All
brand, as it includes potato
1 1/2 - 2 lb ground chuck, cooked-- don't drain
1 package beef stew mix (dry--on "mix" aisle)
2 teaspoons dried minced onion or 1 whole small onion, chopped fine
pepper to taste
salt to taste (mine didn't need salt)
1 can beef broth-- add when done

In a 5 quart or larger slow cooker, combine the first five ingredients, mix
well. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until vegetables are the
tenderness you like-- check after 3 hours-- stir well. Season with pepper
and salt, if needed.
Old January 19th, 2011, 06:13 AM

Jamesbo, We don't need no cookbook when we have you . I see another trip to the Supermarket in my future. A different supper idea everyday.
Old January 19th, 2011, 07:00 AM

Morning all. -4c (29F) here this morning. Going down to -18C (0F) and then +4 (37F) tomorrow. Spent 2 hours last night with the boys shovelling snow about 3 ft deep, off my roof. I have a flat roof and I knew that if it warmed up the snow would get heavier. Took about 2 tons of snow off the house. They have people you can hire to do this, but since the roof is flat you just have to make sure you don't step off the edge - you won't slide off. The boys were jumping off to get down, landing in big piles of snow and the dog was barking for us to throw snow at him. Tonight I'll tackle my sloped garage. The good news is, if I slide off, there is about 4-5 ft of snow to land on.
Old January 19th, 2011, 07:08 AM
Cutlass Lover

Jamesbo..... That sounds yummy, lol! These dank dark days are good soup days, and I love soups!! I'll be buying the stuff for this one also!

Ken.... you be careful out there in that snow! Bones break easy at our age and accidents do happen! It's good you got that weight off your roof - it does get heavy up there! Sounds like you all had fun, which is a good thing!
Old January 19th, 2011, 08:52 AM

Ken, Just remember the most important thing when climbing on a roof.
You're video could be worth $10,000.
Old January 19th, 2011, 02:53 PM
...should get a life....

Morning all. -4c (29F) here this morning. Going down to -18C (0F) and then +4 (37F) tomorrow. Spent 2 hours last night with the boys shovelling snow about 3 ft deep, off my roof.
Gosh you guys up north sure know how to have fun in the Winter-time
Just worries me where it's all gonna go when it melts. We've had enough flooding down here to last us a while. In fact while Qld mops up, Victoria is going under.So if you can keep it frozen a bit longer we'd appreciate it.
I was watching a DVD shot in Glacier National Park (where is that...Montana?) and the resident Geologist / Glacier Guy reckons no more glaciers anywhere by 2030. That's in our lifetime (maybe) folks! The ice caps are already melting at an alarming rate. We're going under guys and I blame people who insist on driving those big old gas guzzling American Cars from the 50s, 60s & 70s.
Another muggy day in Sydney's South West, hot with a good chance it'll rain before too long.
Have a good one !