The Clubhouse Place to chat about whatever's on your mind - doesn't have to be car related. NO POLITICS OR RELIGIOUS DISCUSSION ALLOWED.

The *NEW* Good Morning Thread!

Search this Thread

Old August 30th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Always room for one more

Remember Allan this exercise is to find a car that was built on Wednesday, June 21, 1967. I suppose that even though this car doesn't have any of its paperwork, maybe the guy would allow me to take out the back seat to see if the broadcast card happened to remain during the abominating of the upholstery. I could also get a good look at the data plate to see what its original color was. I'll have to go find all the data plate information and bring it with me. I thought I saw a website that had all that.

I've come across 3 other A Body Oldsmobiles with 06C, a Falcon that was built on June 27, several Chevelles (all 4 doors) built the week prior and the week after, but so far nothing has come about that pinpoints a Wednesday build. I do know of a Corvair built the correct day, but that guy isn't turning loose of it any time soon.

This was supposed to be an easier find than finding a car that was 98-99 years old so I could own it when it turned 100. I have some odd ideas sometimes.
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I think that bench seat is from a later model car. If so you are going to have to find the correct seat(s).
Old August 30th, 2018, 04:49 PM
Just an Olds Guy

The only way you're going to find one that was built on June 21 is to find the broadcast card or build sheet. The broadcast card is generically going to tell you what day of the month the car started assembly on the Fisher Body Works plant. The build sheet will tell you the actual production date. That means you'll need to find one that wasn't built at Lansing to get all that. Far be it for me to dissuade you in your quest. Sooner or later you'll find something that will yank the Benjys out of your wallet. Hopefully long before you're close to 100. You're still a youngster at 51.
Old August 30th, 2018, 05:27 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Good Aftrreenoon Mornin' Thread

Originally Posted by redoldsman
Scot, I think this is the first time you have posted since I joined this thread. That is and interesting ordeal with the excavators. I wonder what the bill was. Not cheap getting two wreckers that size out. I remember several years ago some kids managed to get a bulldozer started and drove it into the lake where we live. To get it out they had to close one side of the divided street and bring in a barge with some heavy equipment on it. I can't imagine what the bill was for that one but no doubt cheaper than the price of the bulldozer.
Glenn I believe you were posting occasionally when I went AWOL as the military calls it. Well I'd say the bill is creeping towards the threshold, if not exceed the dollar figure to total it. It did sit with 100% of the cab and engine totally submerged for over 24 hrs. My guess the wrecker bill would be pushing $5k. Totaled Caterpillar 250K? Hopefully the guy that is contracting the clearing process had enough insurance.

Originally Posted by Allan R
Scot - Hey Streak! You still the fastest thang on 2 feet?? I enjoyed seeing those pics of Louise. Still planning to get her dolled up when ya get a chance?
Hey Al! What gas going for nowadays up thar? You better believe it, even if I gotta sell my 2400 sf, 3 bay shop to get her right.

Originally Posted by slantflat
Hm. The car currently has a bench seat in it, and the whole interior is puffy and the seats are pillow tops. Not sure what someone was thinking.
Hemorrhoids Mike. That's what gives.
Old August 30th, 2018, 06:10 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by GAOldsman
Good Aftrreenoon Mornin' Thread
Hey Al! What gas going for nowadays up thar? You better believe it, even if I gotta sell my 2400 sf, 3 bay shop to get her right.
Man that's good to hear that Louise will be getting her make up and gown done up properly. Same color? Did you keep the 442 grills and emblems that your dad had put on the car? Gas up here?? You kiddin me? Better be sitting down, it's not purty.

Old August 31st, 2018, 03:20 AM

Mawn'in

Mike, I hope ya find what you're looking fer.

Today is take down a section of gutter, rip off old soffit and fascia board, paint and replace. Naturally it the corner section that has a flood light in it. So, while I got some breakers off I may replace the ceiling fan on the screen porch

I should burned this ole 1896 house down years ago but I keep patching it back together

Have a great day Olds friends
Old August 31st, 2018, 04:30 AM
CQR

Mornin.

Hope everyone stays safe this weekend.

Have a Friday.
Old August 31st, 2018, 10:35 AM
Always room for one more

Hi everyone.

Worked hard this morning, got set up for tomorrow, and left a couple hours early. The lead seems to think we all should come in tomorrow and if we don't there's something wrong with us. I think he's just mad that the other lead is off and he has to come in himself. I mean, it's a long holiday weekend, why would our priority be work? I will not be at work.

Jamesbo if you burned your house down your oak trees would be lonely. They'd also turn into a turn lane.

Allan that's the point of buying the car the same age as me. We can turn 100 together.

Well gotta find something to do this afternoon. Have a good one everybody.
Old August 31st, 2018, 12:27 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Mike, Kurt was wrong. The 980 C means a black vinyl bench seat car with center armrest.

Old August 31st, 2018, 01:47 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Afternoon everybody. Still hot here today. I just came in from the garage with the big fan going. I was wiping the Olds down for a show tomorrow. It is done with the Commerative Air Force and is a fun show I go to every year. It will be hot but I am taking my canopy. Here is a link to the poster.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/21g91yhqn...iew=Poster.jpg
I went for my walk this morning and took Lucy and the 13 year old grandson with me. I measured it yesterday and it is 2.5 miles. We are headed out in about an hour to see the oldest grandson (15) perform in his first halftime show this season. It is in McKinney, Texas about 35 miles north of us. They have a new $70 million football stadium. Yep, I said $70 million. Crazy. Both bands are going to perform the National Anthem simultaneously at the beginning of the game. Still going to be hot at game time.
Mike, I have a Cushman Scooter that is the same age as me, born in 1946. I need to do some work on it but I have new tires and a carb kit and head gasket. That is about all it will take to get it going.
Have a good evening everbody.
Glenn
Old August 31st, 2018, 03:10 PM
Always room for one more

Allan that makes more sense but it's still fugly. I wonder if the new covers were put over the old covers and simply removing them will make it all better. Hm.

Well guess what I did this afternoon. Yup, nothing. Sat down for a minute and fell asleep. Don't know what I was dreaming about but the phone rang and I thought it was the alarm clock, and I wondered if I had woke up in time for work. Even though it was light out. So I went to mail a couple bills and went to the Awful house.

It's absolutely beautiful out, I should find something to do outside. Don't have to be to bed early tonight, but still not too late because I'm flying out in the morning for Houston. Tiger is going to stay home and I'll be back as early in the evening as I can.
Old August 31st, 2018, 05:03 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Howdy All

Man that's good to hear that Louise will be getting her make up and gown done up properly. Same color? Did you keep the 442 grills and emblems that your dad had put on the car? Gas up here?? You kiddin me? Better be sitting down, it's not purty.
Definitely the same color. Yikes! Our gas here was $2.49 gal.at Kroger and we had 700 fuel points, so we got 35 gal at $1.79 a gallon.
So I went to mail a couple bills and went to the Awful house.
Mike did you hear about the mobile Awful Waffle? Hmm. It should park outside at bars around closing time and make a killing.

Glenn I love the old Cushmans. What color?

Jamesbo I bet the old casa is a beauty.

Getting down to the wire on the 13th Annual RWYB

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
RWYB 13 Flyer 2.jpg (490.1 KB, 4 views)
Old August 31st, 2018, 05:08 PM
Just an Olds Guy

You still racing the Hoodlum Scot?
Old August 31st, 2018, 11:44 PM

Good Morning.

Friend coming today to pay a visit. Sauna, beer, steaks. Sounds like a fun
Its autumn now. Hmm.. 3 and half months to loooong vacation ( too long to my taste ) when the season ends.

Allan R - Seems like your gas prices are as nice as ours. We have 6.57$ / us. gallon for 91 at US octane rating. 93 even more. Its cheap as long as you can buy it with money

redoldsman - Pics from the show then, please

Jamesbo - I can relate to that " should have burned down".. Tho, even it takes alot of effort to keep these old ones up, its kinda nice to have old house standing amongst the new ones which look totally different. Were even living up hill from street, so it really shows to others

Okay, have a great day all, ill visit later on.

Last edited by Inline; September 1st, 2018 at 03:54 AM.
Old September 1st, 2018, 02:17 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Hm, almost seems like a work day. But if it were I'd be late getting there. Headed out to the airport in a few minutes to jet off to Houston. Tiger will be home, hope I'm not gone too long. Wish us luck.

Scot I've heard of it but never seen one up close. Clever idea. I wonder if they take it to their museum and serve food there. Now that's a place I'd like to go.

Glenn what model Cushman do you have? Do you have multiples of them? Seems whenever I hear about someone having Cushmans they have a few. Well, they are small.

Hope everyone has a good Saturday.
Old September 1st, 2018, 03:52 AM

Head norte

Have a safe holiday weekend Olds friends
Old September 1st, 2018, 08:29 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone.

Definitely feels like Autumn here too. Temps are down to 50° and wind is around 20 mph. We had some rain overnight too which cooled things off even more. Currently it's 68° inside. Spoda warm up later. We'll see.

Jim - Safe travels.

Clint - You staying home or camping with the family this weekend? Good time for you, Lynne and Tori to load up the toy hauler with quads or bikes and go for a family ride.

Mike - Same thing.

Scot - Are you still on the organizing committee for RWYB? I bermember when you had to design the trophy one year.

Jouni - Yeah, those prices are for regular fuel. We're pretty close to the same with mid grade (91) and premium (94) octanes. There's almost no gas stores here that give discount for cash.

Glenn - That must be quite the stadium! Wow, where did you find a Cushman with that kind of history? I read that Sears also used to sell Cushman but under the 'Allstate' brand. Is it similar in design to this one?
Old September 1st, 2018, 02:18 PM
Oh no, not again...

Good Morning (afternoon) !
Can I join in here?
I can agree with Alan, definitely feels like Autumn around here, normally I drive one of my convertibles to Saturday breakfast with my coin group, but this time I had to use my winter beater. Boring...Not great, and not warming up. Blah...not looking forward tot he prospect of another brutally long Edmonton winter.
So... buddy phones me up at breakfast and told me I'm going to have storage issues coming up, he's decided to pull the plug and move to warmer climes. So I have to rescue my engine crane and my engine stands, plus I might have to bring my '53 Olds home a little earlier than anticipated. Oh well, that's life. Speaking of winter projects, picked up a couple of 19th century pocket watches today; one's getting the case straightened out and the other is in the process of coming apart on my bench. The goal is to have them cleaned up and running well enough to sell at the coin show we hold here in November. Gotta generate funds for the Olds restoration somehow!
Old September 1st, 2018, 02:33 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Hey Marc,
Absolutely feel free to join the asylum. I don't know if you got the rain this morning in Sh Pk but we got about an hour of it here in Elsinore. You have an engine crane?? Hmmm, that could be really an incentive to pull my 350 and stick in a period correct 455/400 that's on hold for me in OR.

Yesterday we went to Kuhlmans' (a local garden market) and bought cucumbers for pickling. Their prices are a bit on the high side so we bought the ones that were a little larger at 1/3 the price of the pickling ones. Turns out some of them have large seeds but other than that no problem. We only bought 10 lbs to make slices for sammiches and burgers. It netted us 10 qt jars. I figure they'll be ready in about 3-4 weeks. For being such a good helper I decided to reward myself with some macadamia and white chocolate cookies we got from Costco the other day.
Old September 1st, 2018, 05:27 PM
Always room for one more

Well it's been a long day. Left the house a little after 6 this morning and walked back in the door about 8 this evening. Tiger did fine, and I really think he didn't move from the entryway all day long. No trouble with flights, met a real nice guy, got to see some cool stuff.

Welcome Marc. Stick around awhile we have a good time here. Since you like watches, what are the chances of finding coils for a 70s Bulova Accutron these days? Looks like a nice line up of vehicles you got there.

I think Sears sold -everything- as an Allstate. I wonder if their house kits were Allstates? You know it occurs to me that Amazon is the modern version of the Sears catalog. Too bad Sears couldn't reinvent themselves in the computer age. Lots of history about to go up in smoke.

Okay gotta get a bite and then relax. Tomorrow Tiger and I are going to see that weird convertible. Not quite as far as Houston. Have a good night everyone.
Old September 1st, 2018, 05:31 PM
Always room for one more

This is what I went to look at today

Old September 1st, 2018, 06:01 PM

Mike, did you do anything other than look at it? Like buy it? It's a little bigger than an amphi car.
Old September 1st, 2018, 06:29 PM
"Car"mudgeon

You still racing the Hoodlum Scot?
Only about once a year Al. I'm not into having to sink a bunch of dough into Da Hoodlum. I run mid 13's in the 1/4 mile and drive it more on the street than on the track. Any faster and I'd have to modify it even further. And in return it would be less street friendly.

Scot I've heard of it but never seen one up close. Clever idea. I wonder if they take it to their museum and serve food there. Now that's a place I'd like to go.
I wish I could just call it over like Uber and instead of giving me a ride, they'd cook for me and go
Originally Posted by Jamesbo
Head norte

Have a safe holiday weekend Olds friends
Be safe as well my friend.

Scot - Are you still on the organizing committee for RWYB? I bermember when you had to design the trophy one year.
Yep. I inherited the whole shebang. As a matter of fact I just payed outta pocket for 9 nice trophies. And we have a perpetual trophy that stays with me because the winners of prior RWYB have seldom brought the perpetual trophy back :sad:

Well a DUKW would be a hit at the Amphi-Car meet. Especially with this paint scheme

Have a safe Labor Day Weekend All And look twice for the two wheelers out there please
Old September 1st, 2018, 06:37 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Evening Everybody:
It has been a pretty full day today. I left the house about 7:30 this morning going to the car show in Lancaster, TX. I am going to guess there were about 125 cars there maybe a few more. There is no registration by class and they award the top 40 cars by classes of 10. I place in the top 30. Last year I was in the top 10. Doesn't really matter. I went out with the top down this morning but came home with it up and the AC on. This was the first real test since I put in the new aluminum radiator. Out on the highway with the AC on the old gal was running about 195 degrees and it was about 95 outside. Going out this morning it was a little cooler (probably in the 80's and she was running 170. I am happy with those numbers.
Allan, my Cushaman is a Model 50 just like the one you posted the picture of. It was in the estate I liquidated a few years ago and I bought it. It is not as nice as that one but could be. It has the rail around the back and has a chrome cap on the front fender. It has bigger tires and I have new ones I bought at Coker a few years ago when were in Chatanooga. It has been repainted a parakeet green which I believe was an available original color. I will probably get it over here and fool with it when I get the Sea Doo's out of the garage. I will probably have to sell it since I have no place in my garage for it. If I decide to do that I will probably just get it running.
Mike, that is one big beast you are looking at. We need details and how you would get it to Georgia.
Scot, it is good to have you on here. I remember your posting and your car.
Marc, welcome to the fold. You and I have been corresponding over the last month. You have two of my favorite car brands in Buick and Olds. I worked for Buick dealer from 64 to 66 right our of high school. The nailhead Buick is one of the coolest looking engines ever make. I am surprised somebody hasn't made bigger aluminum heads with big valves for those engines. Then they would really scream.
I have attached a couple pictures from the show. There is my car and I included one of the members 1970 W30 convertible. He bought the car years ago for about $1400. It is 100% original unrestored. The engine has never been apart. Very unusual in that it has a bench seat. I also include the Studebaker that won best of show. This just bought this car a few weeks ago and it is actually a 15 year old restoration. It has a 502 BBC in it. This thing is impeccable.
Have a good weekend guys.
Glenn
Attached Images
IMG_2874.jpg (1.52 MB, 7 views)
IMG_2873.jpg (1.49 MB, 7 views)
IMG_2923.jpg (2.04 MB, 7 views)
Old September 1st, 2018, 07:27 PM
Oh no, not again...

Thanks for the welcome guys, I'm happy to be here.
AS for the rain; - yeah, we got some here in the Park; - mushrooms on the lawn are doing well. And yes Alan, I do have an engine crane, it's an old Costco special, it's got to be about 15 years old now, and it's good for 2 1/2 tons. It'll definitely handle an Olds big block. It's done a few of them. It's fairly compactable too: I'm hoping to fit it in my garage somewhere. I might have room next to the old Behr tuneup machine.

Watches; - getting coils for an Accutron are nearly impossible. Everyone I know is looking for a set. Your best bet is to find a junker with a half-decent set of coils and hope they last.
Right now I'm busy watching a very ancient watch cleaning machine do it's thing; - it's got to date back to the 1930s and I just bought it. So far we haven't burned the house down...the watch in it (in pieces) is an 1883 Elgin (American made) Once it's done if I haven't blown it up I should really take it apart and clean it, the smell of old burning electrical motors is incredible.

There are some performance parts for a Nailhead, not many though, and mine screams along quite nicely. I managed to get a ticket with the car, I was doing 50 km over in a construction zone (They hadn't painted lines on the highway and it was dark) but the cop loved my car and only nailed me for being 10 over, saving me a court appearance and a tow. I thanked him...and slowed down.
Looks like it was a nice day for a show...your Olds looks fantastic!
Old September 2nd, 2018, 07:51 AM
Always room for one more

Good morning everyone.

Oh how nice it is to sleep until the sun comes up. And it's a beautiful day. Tiger and I just got back from the Awful house. Had a nice chat with Billy, haven't seen him in awhile.

Glenn I think the transport is going to be the fly in the ointment. The truck is a fairly good deal, but the shipping is what will get me. First quote I got was 3-4000, which is ridiculous. I was expecting 2500-3000, so I need to keep looking. This particular DUKW runs well but needs work on the brakes. It's got a lot of parts that most don't and are hard and expensive to find. We'll see how it comes out. A vehicle like this is transported on a low boy towed by a semi. Diesel has gone up since the last time I looked at something like this.

Well we are going to hit the road in a little while. This convertible is about 3 hours from here. If I find that it is the car I've been looking for and it won't be too much of a mess to get it back to normal, then I'll have to make another trip over. The guy wants too much for it, and it has a couple issues. I suspect he'll have it for awhile. It will be a good drive, though.

Okay have a good Sunday everyone.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:09 AM
Oh no, not again...

Good Morning!
Well, it's a gorgeous but cool morning here, into the 50s (I think) going to go out and finally try and mow (swath) my lawn. Afterwards, take out on of the convertibles and create some space for the crane. The watch I built last night is still running, and it's holding time. Some pics, in case anyone is interested...

I don't know if they loaded, anyway...

Mike, going after a convertible of your birth year? Neat idea. I had a car from my birth year (64 Olds Dynamic 88 4 door hardtop) and after I rebuilt it, it started to depress me by looking ancient as compared to all the 90s cars that other people were using. It just then reminded me of just how old I was getting! Good on you if it turns out to be what you're looking for! The DUKW is neat...beats an Amphicar any day of the week, but, where would a guy park it?

The lawn beckons...have a great day everyone!
Attached Images
IMG_1110.jpg (197.3 KB, 3 views)
IMG_1111.jpg (339.2 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Nailheadcanuck; September 2nd, 2018 at 09:12 AM.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 09:37 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Good morning everyone,

Coolish here this morning. The weather channel showed it was only 39° here in Edmonton. How did the Park come in at the 50's??

The son went to a wedding yesterday in Bruderheim. He messaged me at 0250 from Lamont which is a little ways from there and said he'd be a little late. That was weird as I consider 0250 a little late. But hey, he's old enough to look after himself and I trust his judgement. Maybe he found some cutie at the mix and ended up at her place, but he's not a one night guy so probably he's crashed out on someones couch till this afternoon.

Glenn - thanks for the pics. The 54 looks great! The front displays are also look really fantastic.

Well, I think I'll go out for a walk and then tackle my lawn too.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 11:29 AM
Oh no, not again...

There ain't no cuties in Bruderheim; I grew up in the Fort which is just a few miles away. I used to know a lot of people out there and frequented the bar that's out there. Maybe a few things have changed, I don't know. And Lamont? Don't get me started...,
there was a great wrecker out there that I used to go to, but ever since they stopped allowing people to poke around in the back, I never went back. Rumour has it they've crushed all the vintage stuff, which would be a shame. They had a lot of A-body stuff out there. I bought 2 of my best Oldsmobiles off them and drove them for years, a 64 Dynamic and a 60 Super. At the time it was $400 if it ran, $300 if it didn't, yep; the good old days.
Allan, at least it sounds like your son is responsible; that's a great thing. Wish him a happy hangover...
Old September 2nd, 2018, 11:36 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Marc, Thanks. Yes he's responsible and a teetotaler so I don't worry about that. He experimented with some beer, rum and vodka about 2 years ago and never liked it. :You grew up in the Fort? I've been there a few times but otherwise its just a driveby. No cuties in either hood? Man that's a bummer. Were they all one baggers or two baggers?

I think I know the wrecker you're talking about. I think it was on 28 just by the sharp turn east. If that's the place, yeah I've been to them too. Supposedly there's also another one that's still alive in the Grove. Don't know what they have or if they're still there. I remember when Kar Basher was chock full of Olds A bodies and prices were cheap. Same with the Pick a Part in north Edm. Things have changed for sure. Last time I got A body parts there was 3 years ago they had 2 71 Cutlass Supreme's sitting side by side. I spent the better part of a day getting parts off them. It was so close to closing when I left the front end staff just said - $20 for everything and get outta here. Major score considering what I got.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 01:09 PM

Welcome to the asylum Nailhead

My mom always drove a deuce and a quater. Loved them [Especially at the drive in.

Mike, Does that mean you're gonnna sell the Amphi [fat chance] Put me at the top of your list if ya do

The joys of homeowner ship keep piling on. A few years ago, I replaced all the copper pipe [almost] with PVC cause the well water was eating up the copper. I have an old farm sink with a backsplash that weights about 500 lbs. So today, I hear a hising and cut off the water. To see WTF is going on, I have to rip up the shoe molding, base mold, corner trim and take a sawsall to the bead board under the sink. I see one pin hole in the copper pipe, I sure hope I don't have ta go rent a few gorillas to move this sink. I't sitting on a soap stone counter top, I have starting to have night mares about breaking the counter top "IF' the sink need to be pulled

Will report back, Rotten potato time is approaching more rapidly than usual
Old September 2nd, 2018, 01:55 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Jim, if it's just a small pinhole go buy a sharkbite connector. Cut the old copper and put the connector in. No soldering and it holds tight with no leaks.

Old September 2nd, 2018, 02:13 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good advice Allan. I used those to install a hot water heater (in my attic). They are so easy and don't leak. They make plumbers out of a lot of us. I got mine at the orange store. They make a little plastic tool used to undo them also. Easy peasy.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 02:31 PM

My brother had to use one of those fittings on the water line feeding his washing machine in his basement (former house) where it was coming through the concrete wall. Worked pretty well. Well Jim, Mike, you may not approve as you guys are dog people, but I adopted a three year old male tom yesterday. He's made himself at home with no issues. If I had a bigger back yard I probably would get a dog too, though I don't miss cleaning up after them. We added another .88" of rain early this morning, bringing our weekly number close to 13" since last Sunday. I guess that means that our moderate drought is done. The winds broke the rope that was holding my flag on the flagpole, it's about 15' tall, and does not seem sturdy enough for me to lean my extension ladder against it, as I try to re thread a new (nylon not cotton) rope through the pulley at the top of it. Not sure at this point how to do it.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by redoldsman
Good advice Allan. I used those to install a hot water heater (in my attic). They are so easy and don't leak. They make plumbers out of a lot of us. I got mine at the orange store. They make a little plastic tool used to undo them also. Easy peasy.

The problem is I'm not sure if the copper pipe has deteriorated [form the well water] so as I have ta replace the whole mes
Old September 2nd, 2018, 03:07 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Yer not a gambler, are ya Jim?
Old September 2nd, 2018, 04:31 PM
Oh no, not again...

Always hated plumbing, never any good at it. I usually pay people to screw up my water pipes and then pay others to fix it all again. But yes, I feel your pain. Had too many things at the last house go haywire, and it was a constant case of "now what?"

Allan, I'm interested to hear about the wrecker in Stony Plain, there used to be one right on main street right by the A&W. Now there's a strip mall there. Wonder what happened to them. One of the things I heard recently is the big yard out by Vegreville was all cleaned up. They're all slowly disappearing as the Greenies get their way and legislate them all out of business. Wonder if that's what happened to the one out west. Kar Basher is all but gone I think, haven't been there in years, and I don't even know if Pick-A-Part is still there. I've been lucky, I haven't had to go and find any parts lately, both of my cars don't need anything. (knocking some lumber furiously) And as for the Olds, the only guy that used to have Olds was Perry's Projects out by Gibbons, but he thinks he's sitting on millions. He had a large collection of 62 Starfires in various states of disrepair, but he wanted something like $5K each for a rolling chassis that was missing stuff and hadn't run since the Carter Administration was in power.
So...It's the internet; everything is free in the US, it's not gold or rare like up here in Canada.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 05:13 PM
Always room for one more

Well got back a little while ago from seeing that car. Oddly, the interior wasn't as bad in person. But still bad. The car ran okay, but the trans shifted twice. That put the kybosh on the deal right there(I didn't tell him). I found the machined pad on the engine but it was blank. The data plate said C-2 for the paint code, so C must mean white, because it was obvious it was an original white car. It was just repainted the wrong color white. Oh, and the trans slipped to boot, not good. We tried to get the seat cushion out of the back but it wouldn't come loose. I don't know if it comes out differently than a 70 but I didn't want to mess anything up. I did want to see if the broadcast card was there to see what the date was. Not a bad car, but not for 11K.

Jamesbo I'm not selling the Amphicar. Maybe I can figure out how to get it into the back of the DUKW and then launch at sea. Why would well water corrode copper pipes? Lots of iron in your water? Is this at the farm house or the lake?

Dan if you are happy with a cat then good on you. We saw a cat in front of the house coming home from Awful house this morning and Tiger wanted to jump through the windshield.

Marc when I was in high school the benchmark was if it ran, it was worth 300. Most of our cars weren't worth a lot more than that, because we were poor high school kids, and the cars we drove were rusted up to the windows. The watches look cool. I wouldn't want to sneeze while I was working on one.

Gotta call my Mommy this evening, and figure out what to do tomorrow. Get shipping quotes for one, doubt many places will respond on a holiday. I'll call that guy tomorrow night and see what he says. People weren't beating down his door to go look at that, so I may be okay.

Well have a good night everyone.
Old September 2nd, 2018, 06:26 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Good Evening Olds Friends:
Lucy and I just got back from our walk a few minutes ago. I don't need to do that after I have eaten a nice meal. For some reason my back started aching a little. It is probably just because it is 72 years old. It has been a pretty calm day today. Tomorrow it is off in the morning to see Keaton and the high school band in the Labor Day parade. Then later we are off to son and wifes house for a Labor Day cookout. It is nice to go to somebody elses house instead of having them all here. So it will be late if you guys hear from me tomorrow. Hope all of you have a good Labor Day. To my friends in Canada, I hope you guys have a good day.
Glenn
Old September 3rd, 2018, 02:54 AM

Mawn'in

Yer not a gambler, are ya Jim?

Nope, I never bet on anything that doesn't have a tail

Mike, It's the farm house/cemetery This water has alot of iron and other chemicals in it. Not sure why but eats copper up. The lake well water is pure clean Remember, It kept 60 campers from being thirsty since 1926 [When the camp I went to 1st opened]

Welp.Tis Monday

Have a great day Olds friends