Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais

Search this Thread

Old June 14th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Platinum Sponsor

Exclamation 1983 Oldsmobile Cutlass Calais

Okay here it is..... A 1983 Oldsmobile Hurst Olds 15th Anniversary. Same owner for the last 13 years/6000 miles. Number 2283 of 3001 built. Produced 2/25/83 and number 15 of 42 built that day. #4 of 4 sold by that dealer which was Hippodrome Olds.

For it's 15th Anniversary Edition, the '83 H/O came only in black with silver rocker panels. Chrome 15" wheels fitted Goodyear GT tires, and a power bulge hood and rear spoiler gave the car a purposeful look. A modified version of Oldsmobile's 307 CID V8 was installed, along with 3.73 gears and Hurst's radical Lightning Rods shifter. Dual exhausts with rumbling mufflers meant there was no mistaking the H/O for a garden variety Cutlass. A new style "Hurst/Olds" emblem was introduced, and red and silver stripes separated the black and silver paint. Demand for the car was very strong. Originally, 2500 units were scheduled to be produced, but Olds had to up that number to (3001) because of high demand.

This Hurst Olds is in awesome condition, very solid and no rust. Original paint and interior. Black and silver exterior with red/burgundy interior. The exterior paint has a good shine and looks nice for a 30 year old original 54,000 mile car, but does have a few nicks, scratches, or scuffs and probably due for a good waxing. Several years ago the clear coat on the wheels started to crack and peel and allow moisture to get behind. So the clear coat was removed to help secure the condition of the wheels. Unfortunately the red stripe was also removed. Other than that the wheels are in very good condition.

The exterior decals are in fantastic condition.

The original interior is in unbelievable condition. The seat covers and carpet show very little wear if any and look almost new. The dash pad and console is in excellent condition with no cracks or warps. The only thing I can really say negative about the interior is the driver side seat adjuster chrome cover is cracked and the original radio is no longer in the car. Books for the current Pioneer radio are included.

The engine bay area is very clean and pretty much all there as far as I can tell, even the smog pump, but it hasn't had a belt on it for a long time. The A/C does not blow cold. Not sure whether it needs freon or what. Didn't worry about it too much since it was only driven 6000 miles over the past 13 years.

The trunk area is pretty much like new with spare and jack. The trunk lid has and automatic opener button.

The tires are okay and ride smooth, but could need replacing in the future due to the age. The car rides and drives straight down the road and stops the same. No leaks to mention unless you let it sit for about 6 months and then it might drop a drip or two. There are several maintenance receipt records in the glove box along with the owners manual. Also included is an original GM 1983 Oldsmobile Electrical Troubleshooting Manual that covers the Firenza, Omega, Cutlass Ciera, Cutlass, Delat 88, Custom Cruiser, Ninety Eight, and Toronado. Plus an original GM 1983 Oldsmobile Chasis Service Manual that covers the Cutlass, Delta 88, Custom Cruiser, Ninety Eight, and Toronado.

Hopefully I covered most things about the car. If not feel free to email with any questions. I'll do my best to answer them in a timely manner. If you want to contact me about the car just email or call. I have over 50 more pictures of the car available. $13,500. will consider reasonable offers.

http://www.collectorcarnation.com/Ol...html?aid=32795