Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

72 Olds Cutlass Supreme-Street?/Strip

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2013, 07:11 PM

72 Olds Cutlass Supreme-Street?/Strip

This is a 72 Olds that has been a strip car that was taken apart, cleaned, frame detailed and painted and painted a 70 only color(agean aqua)..The engine was degreased and painted, new freeze pugs, etc…Included with the car is inner front fenders, a set of et street tires and matching rims, 3 inch exhaust and a 9 inch ford housing and 31 spline axles..

The engine is a professionally built 468 BB Olds engine with an Offenhouser high rise tunnel ram, twin 660 Holley carbs, race ported and polished C casting heads with Mondello stainless valves, Engle springs, Harland sharp roller rockers etc…The heads have the ex roof raised, bronze dividers, egr bumps removed and fully ported…11 to1 compression with forged pistons, Engle jm 30 cam, 560 573 ex 252 263 ex…N crank std std,Morosco oil pan ,Fluiddamper balancer etc…

Trans is a th350 with hardened shafts and all new race ready internals and a 3500 stall converter..

Rear is a 10 bolt posi with all new internals and very little use..It has an Auburn posi, 3:73 gears, new bearings, new seals new bushings and a W 27 cover..There is about 1500 into this rear..If you don’t like it sell it! And build the 9 inch..You should get about $800 to a $1000 out of this rear alone..I have 4 boxed rear control arms with solid bushings that go with the car and has Morosco front springs and drag shocks..

The body on this car is very clean, solid and straight..,The car was painted white and the prior owner I bought it from had taken it apart to detail everything and re paint it agean aqua a 70 Olds color....Health and family circumstances led him to sell it and it needed about 80 hours of re assembly…The car runs, drives, stops and starts..It sounds very strong and is a very nice looking car..The doors, frame, fenders and quarters are all very solid as it is a southern car that I bought from Oklahoma…

I have the 2 polished carb stacks on it now but also has a glass scoop , pin on lightweight glass decklid, and pin on hood that’s about 15 pounds…The car has a brand new Mezierre water pump, new al radiator, new hoses,new fuel line, new manual master cylinder,new acc pumps in the carbs, etc…new solid steel mounts, poly tranny mount, and 10000 rpm Auto meter tach with shift light..

The ignition is a MSD pro billet distributor, msd 6 al box, msd rev limiter, and b and m pro ratchet shifter with solenoid(not hooked up)…The control panel and wiring on the pass side under dash is very nicely done and easy to access and is very nicely done…The shifter has a control panel for the fuel pump(holley black), elec fan,ignition etc…

The frame on this car is extremely nice and painted semi gloss black..The car has a steel 14 point roll bar tied to the frame and floors in some places..there is a fuel cell in the trunk and the trunk is part sheet metal that was carpeted nicely with black carpet..New batt cables and battery is in trunk with on off switch in bumper and charge posts as well..

The car is ready to run and needs only Lexan windows for door and quarters,,you can trace this factory glass I have for the pattern..install the seat harness or buy new, fine tune the carbs and race it..!!!!

Again this was a running driving racecar that has a proven 10 second combo..the car has only about 45 runs before color change..It was running 10:40’s at 125 to 126 mph I have the slips..Since then the car has lightweight wheels, tires, glass parts, lightened doors and al rad and water pump…it may go low 10 teens or high 9:90’s in ideal conditions…The car would leave the line hard with about 18 inch high wheels up launches according to prior owner..

Dyno sheets from the motor show 540.9 horsepower and 553 tq..Guessing the car is 2900 pounds..

Again this is about all I know about the car..There is weld or Centerline lightweight rims and front 15x3 rims and drag titres with 29.5 10.5 et drag slicks on back( with et streets included and extra rims)

There is over 25k invested in this car and it is a very nice, clean straight car with no rust…It turns heads wherever it is ..There is way too much too list and you cant come close to duplicating this for $12k..

Price is $12,500 CASH firm..if it doesn’t sell or meet reserve then I will keep it.I will try to list pics and you can call me at 814-882-2301 or email nabrosig @ Verizon.net..

Not claiming this is a show car or world record breaking car so pls keep all those comments to yourself!!!!!!!The car looks awesome and sounds incredible!
Old May 18th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Looking forward to the pic's.
Old May 19th, 2013, 06:12 AM

Can't wait to see pics either. I bet it looks slick now that you've put all the work into it to finish it off. Should make a great toy for someone. Good luck with the sale.
Old May 19th, 2013, 06:56 AM

the more i run it and work on it the more im leaning to possibly keeping it...you guys are so lucky down south..not rot issues..amazing the difference from up here in the rust belt...

rktolds thx for your help in getting me in contact with LC..

oldcutlass--I got a car i need hauled from right by you to up here in PA..Make a deal ??u can bring me a car and bring this one back down to you!!
Old May 20th, 2013, 12:23 PM

Erie pa c list,rop, then ebay tonight for pics
Old May 20th, 2013, 01:25 PM
delete

http://erie.craigslist.org/cto/3814413451.html
Old May 20th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Madmustard
oldcutlass--I got a car i need hauled from right by you to up here in PA..Make a deal ??u can bring me a car and bring this one back down to you!!
that is a sweet ride, could not build a car any where near that. I wish I could, but after all the storms here, and my boys college, just a bit tapped out at the moment. If you make it down here pay me a visit.

Last edited by oldcutlass; May 20th, 2013 at 03:52 PM.