Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

'69 W-32 For Sale

Search this Thread

Old April 17th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Registered Luser

'69 W-32 For Sale

Not mine, and not seen too often!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-...item3f243fc58c
Old April 17th, 2013, 06:48 AM

What's a 422?
Old April 17th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Just an Olds Guy

A typo
They got it right where the model is listed though. Nice looking car.
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:00 AM

Those are great cars, clearly the person selling it is a bit clueless, putting 422 once in an ad I can see but multiple times and then using the wrong HP numbers as well. That's a big price but probably not out of line for such a rare car. Was this the one for sale a few years ago? I remebr a dark green W32 convert just don't remebr the red interior
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:12 AM
"Car"mudgeon

Seems like the guy would know how to spell in such an important listing such as this one Almost makes me think scam right off because of all the mistakes in the listing.
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:38 AM

Anti-lock brakes, toker manifold (for the Cheech-n-Chong types maybe?), and three trofys. Gotta love it .
Old April 17th, 2013, 07:52 AM
"Car"mudgeon

ONE OF 25 422 PRODUCED
CONVERTABLE 422
10AMP CHOME ALTENATOR (boy that ought to charge a motorcycle battery )
HIGH PROFOMANCE BELTS (guaranteed to add 25+ hp)
ELDENBROCK TOKER
THREE CAR SHOW AND THREE TROFYS

Old April 17th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Old(s) Fart

Frankly I'd rather see "...THE PAPER DOCUMENTS THAT WILL PROVE IT..."

Pricey, but if it really is one of the 25 W-32 converts, with documentation (holding my breath on that one), it's probably worth it. While lower performance, the W-32s are considerably more rare than the W-30s that year. Only 25 converts, 25 Sport Coupes, and 247 Holiday Coupes. Unfortunately, also very easy to fake.
Old April 17th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Trying to remember member

Just so the same conversation isn't started all over again:
https://classicoldsmobile.com/forums...4-speed-6.html
Old April 17th, 2013, 09:39 AM

"THIS 422 W32 IS THE REAL CAR MADE IN LANSING FACTORY, 1969. ONLY FACTORY THAT MADE THE W MODELS. THIS IS ONE OF 25 422 PRODUCED AND I HAVE THE PAPER DOCUMENTS THAT WILL PROVE IT. THIS IS A CONVERTABLE 422 WITH A 400 MOTOR WITH 390 HP, 3 SPEED HYDROMATIC , AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION AND A 342 POSI REAR END. THE COLOR IS BLACK WITHRED INTERIOR. THE SAME COLOR IT CAME OUT OF THE FACTORY WITH IN 1969. NEW PAINT, CARPET,GAS TANK, TIRES TRANSMISSION,BALL JOINTS,EXHAUST AND RAM AIR. PLUS A 10AMP CHOME ALTENATOR, HIGH PROFOMANCE BELTS,TUNE UP AND A ELDENBROCK TOKER MANIFOLD.THIS CAR IS ONE OF A KIND, WITH A PERFECT BODY AND UNDER BODY.THREE CAR SHOW AND THREE TROFYS. MY PRICE IS 65000.00 FOR THIS CLASSIC FAST MUSCLE CAR. ONLY CALL IF YOU CAN BUY A TRUE CLASSIC MUSCLE CAR AND HAVE THE MONEY."

Wow, not the common Elderbrock [sic] Itnake [sic], but the better ELDENBROCK Mafinold. Withered interior... "New ram air" - suspicious... "10AMP" altenator?

Oy Vey.
Old April 17th, 2013, 02:44 PM
Registered Luser

I didn't notice the withered black interior! Maybe some Armour All will bring it back...? Wait 'till Jaunty gets ahold of this one.....
Old April 17th, 2013, 03:04 PM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

Black with red interior makes a great color combo,almost as nice as gold with black interior.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 09:26 AM

Update

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Frankly I'd rather see "...THE PAPER DOCUMENTS THAT WILL PROVE IT..."

Pricey, but if it really is one of the 25 W-32 converts, with documentation (holding my breath on that one), it's probably worth it. While lower performance, the W-32s are considerably more rare than the W-30s that year. Only 25 converts, 25 Sport Coupes, and 247 Holiday Coupes. Unfortunately, also very easy to fake.
Okay, Joe, exhale. I asked for the documents and he faxed me:
1. An appraisal
2. pics of the Data Plate and the VIN (I think, they were very dark)

The appraisal was pathetic as have been the case with far too many I've seen. Says "There were only 25 of these cars produced which makes this car extremely rare and very collectable" That statement is stating that the car is a W32, but there is nothing more said that authenticates it. Irresponsible (and I'd say unethical) of the appraiser to do that. Says "Engine checks to be numbers matching motor". Spoken like an amateur, not an appraiser that knows his butt from an earth crater. Any appraiser worth his salt would say what the number was and what it matched. No mention of trans numbers, which when coupled with a lack of undercarriage description pretty much tells you this appraiser specifically did not want to bend over or get dirty.
As I said, pathetic.
I don't think the seller has a clue as to what documentation really is.
So no documentation.
Once again, just because someone says they have proof doesn't mean they do.
Old April 22nd, 2013, 10:38 AM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by wmachine
So no documentation.
I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you.

On the other hand, that "documentation" is probably fine for Barrett Jackson...
Old April 22nd, 2013, 11:06 AM

What was the end result from the auction from a few months ago? I think we arrived at the same conclusion but without any proof (or lack thereof) like what was faxed?

I still have a sneaky suspicion that this is the same car that was in Musclecars magazine around 1986, but can't say for sure. That car I think had '68 scoops and stripe, and the paint was possibly black cherry instead of red, but it had a red interior and was touted as a W-32. I think the featured car was a 4-speed, come to think of it. But those were the days when a Cutlass SX was thought to be a 1-of-100 car.
Old April 24th, 2013, 12:32 PM

Okay, Joe, exhale. I asked for the documents and he faxed me:
1. An appraisal
2. pics of the Data Plate and the VIN (I think, they were very dark)

The appraisal was pathetic as have been the case with far too many I've seen. Says "There were only 25 of these cars produced which makes this car extremely rare and very collectable" That statement is stating that the car is a W32, but there is nothing more said that authenticates it. Irresponsible (and I'd say unethical) of the appraiser to do that. Says "Engine checks to be numbers matching motor". Spoken like an amateur, not an appraiser that knows his butt from an earth crater. Any appraiser worth his salt would say what the number was and what it matched. No mention of trans numbers, which when coupled with a lack of undercarriage description pretty much tells you this appraiser specifically did not want to bend over or get dirty.
As I said, pathetic.
So no documentation.
Subsequent correspondences to the seller trying to obtain proof of W32 came back with the following answers which I have not edited:

1. The Apprasial documented all the motor # matching. Also only W models are made in Lansing MI. So i have alot more documents.Antigue car farm is LIS. APPRASIAL. The # has LAN, in it and that means it was made in Lansing Mi. Only W models came out of that factory if you care to know.

2. There was only 50 w32 made in 1969 in Lansing.

3. look at the vin its all the real deal. The vin 344679m341129 block 396026G, 33667LAN341683- (ST 69)( 04A) (10 B)

4. I know its a W 32 MODELS AND MADE ONLY WHERE W 442 WHERE MANUFACTURED, LANSING. THAT LAN IN THE VIN PROVES ITS A W 32. ITS VERY BASIC STUFF. GOOD LUCK.

Hard to believe this is a seller trying to get in excess of $50K for a car.
I gave up.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Old April 24th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Old(s) Fart

Wow. You can't make this stuff up.

Hard to believe this is a seller trying to get in excess of $50K for a car.
"Trying" is the operative term.
Old April 24th, 2013, 01:34 PM

Wow. You can't make this stuff up.

"Trying" is the operative term.
More like "inoperative" in this case.

What makes this interesting is that I can't tell enough here to be sure this car is *not* a W32. But his ignorance (and his stranglehold on it) gets in the way of finding out enough.
Old April 24th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Registered Luser

.... But his ignorance (and his stranglehold on it) gets in the way of finding out enough.
LOL! Thing is, this car is 10 mins from me...I have half a mind to go look at it, but, have a feeling I know what I'm in for.
Old April 24th, 2013, 07:13 PM
GM Enthusiast

I'm shocked, SHOCKED I tell you.

On the other hand, that "documentation" is probably fine for Barrett Jackson...
LOL, couldn't have said it better myself.
Old April 24th, 2013, 08:41 PM
CH3NO2 LEARN IT BURN IT

Like Octania said Oy' vey'! They walk among us and are allowed to bread and sell fake cars.
Stellar spelling. Cant even proof read let alone pay attention to spell check.
"Spoken like an amateur, not an appraiser that knows his butt from an earth crater". Kurt I LMAO on that one! I'm writing that one on the garage wall.
Drive the red flag up the pole and run from this one.
Old April 25th, 2013, 11:53 AM

Subsequent correspondences to the seller trying to obtain proof of W32 came back with the following answers which I have not edited:

1. The Apprasial documented all the motor # matching. Also only W models are made in Lansing MI. So i have alot more documents.Antigue car farm is LIS. APPRASIAL. The # has LAN, in it and that means it was made in Lansing Mi. Only W models came out of that factory if you care to know.

2. There was only 50 w32 made in 1969 in Lansing.

3. look at the vin its all the real deal. The vin 344679m341129 block 396026G, 33667LAN341683- (ST 69)( 04A) (10 B)

4. I know its a W 32 MODELS AND MADE ONLY WHERE W 442 WHERE MANUFACTURED, LANSING. THAT LAN IN THE VIN PROVES ITS A W 32. ITS VERY BASIC STUFF. GOOD LUCK.
5. The lan in one # and m in the vin means it was made in Lansing. Only W 442 WERE MADE IN LANSING. I WILL WORK ON PUTTING A BETTER SHOW CASE. THANKS

6. In 1969 there were only 297 442 made. In Lansing plant only W where made. You are wrong. No other 442 where produced from Lansing MI. GET YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU MAKE A STATEMENT.

7. I NEVER SAID THE LAN WAS THE VIN# YES EVER CAR MADE IN LAN HAS LAN, ON THE TAG AND THAT SAYS ITS A W MODEL.
(my note, see #4)

8. I know it one of 25 that was made. THERE IS A RED ON THAT SOLDED AT BARET JACKSONS 8 YEARS AGO. I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY BLACK ONE ANY WHERE. I HAVE A COMLETE APRAISAL AND DOCUMENTS THAT SHOW THIUS IS THE REAL CAR. THANKS FOR ASKING

And we've gone full circle now. Good nite, Chet. Good nite, David.
Old April 25th, 2013, 07:21 PM
Registered Luser

I think it's pretty obvious this guy's first language isn't English......and that's fine, but, get someone who speaks the language to proof read!
Old April 26th, 2013, 06:24 AM

First time I saw this car was at the Olds Show in Merrick, NY last year. It had a for sale sign on it. I did not see the owner around but when it left I saw a woman driving it. A month later it was at a show at the local airport. I talked to the owner and he said he bought it from the woman for $25,000. I asked him a few questions but he was wacky. I did not get a good feeling about it as being real but I guess you never know.
Old April 26th, 2013, 06:30 AM
Lt. Buzzkill (ret.)

Originally Posted by ent72olds
I think it's pretty obvious this guy's first language isn't English...
It's also pretty obvious he knows just enough about Oldsmobiles to make an idiot of himself and be dangerous to the rest of the folks with more money than brains

There's a single bid now.
Who want's to venture a guess as to whether it's one of his buddies trying to stir interest or one of the afore-mentioned "more $ than grey matter" folk?

A shame, because that's a really nice looking 442.