Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1972 Cutlass S 1 owner from Boise Idaho

Search this Thread

Old April 10th, 2013, 09:15 PM

1972 Cutlass S 1 owner from Boise Idaho

This car has 88,000 miles and was purchased from Betty Smith who bought it new. The little title that was issued to her is the current one that will go with the car. One repaint over the original sunflower yellow. Only rust showing is each fender bottom which I suspect with the rocker molding removed would be about half dollar sized weak spots. One quarter size bubble on driver rear quarter. Floors are solid as one would expect from a decent climate. trunk has original applied spatter and other than it having a hitch at one time it is mint. You can tell a nice car when the rear marker light brackets look like they were just dipped in the vat of semi-gloss paint and the speed nuts still have brilliant zinc on them. Power drum brake, steering, tilt car. Interior is one of the nicest surviving ones you'll see. a/c converted to 134 and I have not used it due to crappy wi weather. I havn't been able to get it out to photograph it due to rain. Paint has some nicks and scratches but does not take away from cars appearance. Driver side quarter has some minor depth creases that don't show in pictures. she must have scraped the garage at times.If you saw the car you would walk past them and not even notice. No paint was harmed. trim on car is exceptional. remote mirror looks like new without a blemish as is the vinyl top trim. top is original and very nice for the age. engine is original as is carb and most everything else. car is a 350-4 barrel. car has had a recent tune-up to the tune of $400 with some carb tuning. To say the car runs great would be an understatement. Pump it twice and drive to california..it runs that good and exhausts through a throaty single glass pak. Original weatherstrips in good shape yet and soft. Bumpers are decent but if one were to paint car someday i would rechrome them to finish the car off. all lights signals and heater controls work as they should. Car still has its original fuses! Car is located in the milwaukee area 90 miles north of chicago. Click on link to see over 100 pictures. looking for $11,000 http://s125.photobucket.com/user/jst...13826431946892 414-688-060four P1120430.jpgP1120392.jpg
Old April 10th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

Nice car. I like that color combo. Good luck selling it.