Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Big Block Auto

Search this Thread

Old December 31st, 2012, 08:56 AM
Platinum Sponsor

Exclamation 1972 Oldsmobile Cutlass Big Block Auto

This is A BAD BOY she has a rockin 455 big block eng mated to 350 tubo trans and she not just a hot rod it hit the open road real good.The cutlass is a looker as well done in Cortez silver complimented with black racing stripes.The interior is done in all black as well to flow the exterior an interior together.The final exterior touch is the weld racing wheels with like new tires on them. If we can help you in any way with questions or a specific picture, you can call our office at (865)988-8088. Or feel free to call Daniel at (423) 807 0600, Devvin at (865) 256 2366, or you can e-mail us at smokymountaintraders@yahoo.com.

http://www.collectorcarnation.com/Cu...html?aid=32795
Old December 31st, 2012, 12:27 PM

At the risk of eliciting sarcasm for picking nits on an unfinished car...

The interior is not quite "finished" in the photos I saw- RH rear panel

Underhood needs some detailing- house wiring wire nuts are never appropriate for car repairs.

And, you might want to have someone adept an English redo the ad text- at least get subject/ verb agreement and decide what gender the car is....

Nice paint though!

No charge.

Old December 31st, 2012, 01:57 PM
"me somebody" site member

Originally Posted by Octania
And, you might want to have someone adept an English redo the ad text-
adept an English, eh?
Old December 31st, 2012, 02:03 PM
"Car"mudgeon

Is that 455 Phord blue or Poncho Blue

Old December 31st, 2012, 02:33 PM
Just an Olds Guy

And, you might want to have someone adept an English redo the ad text- at least get subject/ verb agreement and decide what gender the car is..
ccnclassicolds is just the host for the ad and doesn't write the script. That's all done by the seller. Any errors in ad grammar or structure is not their fault. Maybe send the seller an email on their link.

I agree that the text in the ad does make it harder to read, but not insurmountable. Overall - Body and paint looks nice. Any of the flaws can be addressed by the new owner.
Old January 6th, 2013, 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by aliensatemybuick
adept an English, eh?
Heh, nice catch on the irony there.

I can SPELL, I just can't type...

usually sitting in the dark of the living room, while perusing CO, can hardly see the keys.

And, yes, I have to see the keys.

I'm not fluent in Spanish, so if I were writing an ad in Spanish, I would run it past someone who knows the language. Just sayin'.

Looks like the new owner is going to be busy for quite some time, if elimination of all the flaws is the goal....

But, it's a good start on a great car.

Last edited by Octania; January 6th, 2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old January 6th, 2013, 03:36 PM
"me somebody" site member

I'll bet the merest fraction of classic cars that change hands are "turn-key".

Was having this conversation with a friend last night, how people seem to hold others to a higher standard than they do themselves. How nice their car or house is. Their spelling/grammar. Etc, etc. Its never enough to just say "hey, nice car, good luck with it", or "good luck selling it" (whatever the case may be). Not when you can pick obvious nits, even when your own stuff would never hold up to the same scrutiny. Or your spelling/grammar. And even if your car (or your English) is absolutely perfect and holy, so what? Some people didn't / don't have the same education, upbringing, intellect, money etc. They do what they can.

BTW, the "n" key is nowhere near the "t" key...just sayin'.

Last edited by aliensatemybuick; January 6th, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:49 PM

interesting observations - how much better could things be in the world
if we would all adopt the concepts mentioned by "aliensatmybuick" ? I'd
like to think it would make a positive difference. Just my 2 cents...

Nufo (Fred)
Old January 6th, 2013, 05:50 PM

oops forgot an "e" my bad
Old January 6th, 2013, 10:54 PM

The interior is not quite "finished" in the photos I saw- RH rear panel
I might be missing something, but I don't see anywhere in the ad that it says the interior is "finished"???????????
Old January 12th, 2013, 05:42 PM

Well, the "unfinished" part refers to a different CO poster whose incredible badass car was so sweet that no other car compares. (1972 442 convertible 1 of a kind) When I pointed out that the inner fender was missing, then the story became oh well the photos OF THE CAR FOR SALE were taken before it was done, ya know... not a very good way to sell a top end car.

As for picking nits and whatnot.... I hope that judging and passing CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM gently along are not limited to only Those Without Sin, 'cause if so then not one of us can do anything but admire and gush... or remain silent. Even the FINEST show cars always have some flaw. For example, the national meet at which I showed off the fresh '66 442... there was a '67 that reportedly the judges could find no flaw with. I saw a wire hanging loose- which might have been a factory configuration- but one of my pet peeves was in error on this car. Worse than the usual snafu, even.

Now, at a car show, for example, unless ASKED TO pick nits by the owner or as a judge, I stick to positive comments when in earshot of the car. Make it a more positive experience for the folks who bothered to show up. There's generally a lot of positive to find too.

On the other hand, when you are trying to SELL a car (or other stuff), the less you sound/ look clueless, the better. Advertising your car with a "big block 403" just reveals that you don't know WTH you are talking about [a guy at a swap meet yrs ago]. If the photos show unfinished work that has since been completed, say so. If the car is a girl, refer to her consistently as "she." If English isn't your forte' then run the ad past someone who can check it. I was asked to check text for a company website the other day, and found quite a lot of room for improvement.

So, seller, take the tips, fix the errors, and carry on with an improved advertisement... It's not intended to beat you down, but to point out areas of easy improvement!

Last edited by Octania; January 12th, 2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Proud Viet Nam Veteran

I have a nice 1950 Olds convertible that I am going to sell in the near future. It is exactly like the one on the header of this site and is possible that same car It is in an estate I am the executor of. I doubt I will list it on here for fear of mis-spelling a word.

Last edited by redoldsman; January 13th, 2013 at 11:27 AM.