Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

My 72' Project

Search this Thread

Old December 11th, 2011, 10:00 AM

My 72' Project

Things change quick, my daily driver needs attention now so my project has to go. But dont worry guys, my 455 and OAI hood are staying right here until my next one comes along haha. Here's a link to my craigslist post.

https://post.craigslist.org/k/YNr5pR...OYwL?s=preview

PM me if your interested, for sale locally but if youre willing to come out and pick it up thats welcome also however i have no way to deliver. The 350 in it is nice, these things run forever, has correct 7a heads. No offense but please no appraisal posts, many people think this car is junk because the roof is bad, which is a shame since everything else is in great shape. Honestly with a new roof (which i have, and goes with the car) and a once-over of the drivetrain/brakes it could be a driver, but the roof tends to scare people off or bring out the ****-head vehicle appraiser in people haha

So there it is, PM me or text me, i usually dont answer my phone to random numbers but leave a message and i'll get back to you. Hate to see my project go, was really hoping to have a sweet SX clone eventually

PS: Excuse the pics, they suck. Like any classic the car is better in person

Last edited by Vega; December 11th, 2011 at 10:03 AM.
Old December 11th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Sad face.
Sorry it's gotta go Vega. Understand your sit all too well. I know you're holding onto the OAI. Please don't be offended by my next question. Would you consider parting company with it if $$ was right? It's a long way from me, but I would be interested if you're negotiable.
Old December 11th, 2011, 12:16 PM

No its fine, im always up for offers. It does need some restoration though, the last guy to use it had it on his drag car and now there's 4 holes where he had it pinned down (two in the back and one slightly off center on each hood lock indention. But yeah, go ahead and make an offer, the worst i can say is no thanks

Originally Posted by Allan R
Sad face.
Sorry it's gotta go Vega. Understand your sit all too well. I know you're holding onto the OAI. Please don't be offended by my next question. Would you consider parting company with it if $$ was right? It's a long way from me, but I would be interested if you're negotiable.
Old December 11th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Vega, PM sent
Old December 27th, 2011, 08:25 PM

Well the driver is fixed and the Supreme still hasnt sold so here's the deal...
Im mainly looking to trade my Supreme for a fastback. The Supreme would be a great parts car for a convertible resto, lots of great useable parts on it for convertibles or Supremes. I just really want a fastback and would rather not hassel with replacing the roof on this car unless i absolutely have too

So let me know, i just want a fastback to work on instead. If anyone wants to trade/buy let me know. Help a fellow Olds guy out!
Old January 4th, 2012, 06:19 PM

Bump
Moving in Feb/March, need to sell
Good parts car for convertible resto
Old February 22nd, 2012, 04:46 AM

Just checking in, car is still available. My CL post was deleted but i still have it and am still looking to sell or trade for a fastback. Itd be a shame to part it out but to most people it seems thats what its worth to them, i see a solid project in it but i cant stay motivated seeing an SX at the end of the tunnel as opposed to a 442, im just way more into fastbacks. That said, theres lots of verts out there that could use a good parts car like this, everything is useable really just needs the roof replaced, which i have so its just a matter of putting it on (all glass and trim has been removed so now its literally a matter of cutting and welding). But i guess the roof wouldnt matter if you wanted a good parts car for a vert

The problem with parting the car out is people like to pick cars apart from the bottom-up. Ive had a few interested in the rear end and front brakes/suspension -_-' exactly what id love to get rid of first haha. As a reminder its a 350 Olds car (runs) auto trans, not sure if its a 350 or 400, has 10-bolt posi rear (unsure of gearing), has power disc brakes and everything for AC. I dont want to chop it up, i hate when people chop up these cars for profit, parts cars are one thing but organ harvesting is just cruel

PM me if youre interested. Local pick up only, South Indy

Last edited by Vega; February 22nd, 2012 at 04:50 AM.