Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1984 Hurst Olds

Search this Thread

Old October 22nd, 2011, 01:48 PM

1984 Hurst Olds

Last edited by oldsfromyell; May 7th, 2012 at 05:36 PM. Reason: deleting
Old October 24th, 2011, 03:45 PM

Make me an offer. I will be listing it on ebay in a few days if no one here wants it. Thanks, David
Old October 24th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Just an Olds Guy

David,
With all due respect, the value of the 84 HO is in the lightning rod shifter, engine and tranny. Without the shifter, it's just another Cutlass. The pics you listed show the car before the shifters were removed. What you might want to consider is posting some supplemental information about the car. eg: how long you've owned it, maintenance records, work done to the car, work that needs to be done etc. Actual mileage? Documents that go with the car?

I'm not trying to be argumentive with the next comment. While the body may be solid, I don't agree that it's in really nice condition. It shows really rough and would need lots of work not just on the exterior, but inside too. Hope you are able to sell it to someone who can appreciate it.
Old October 28th, 2011, 06:29 PM

Sold
Old October 28th, 2011, 06:50 PM
"me somebody" site member

Originally Posted by Allan R
David,
With all due respect, the value of the 84 HO is in the lightning rod shifter, engine and tranny. Without the shifter, it's just another Cutlass. The pics you listed show the car before the shifters were removed. What you might want to consider is posting some supplemental information about the car. eg: how long you've owned it, maintenance records, work done to the car, work that needs to be done etc. Actual mileage? Documents that go with the car?

I'm not trying to be argumentive with the next comment. While the body may be solid, I don't agree that it's in really nice condition. It shows really rough and would need lots of work not just on the exterior, but inside too. Hope you are able to sell it to someone who can appreciate it.
Translation: I have no interest in buying your car, but please allow me to disparage it before disingenuously wishing you luck selling it.

Thing about selling cars on the net is you don't really have to post every gory detail. Seller gave an E-mail address for interested parties to ask questions. Looks like someone did. Good for him.

By the way, you spelled argumentative incorrectly.
Old October 28th, 2011, 07:21 PM

Don't be too hard on him. He has nothing better to do than tromp on posts he has no interest in. I just ignored his little post. Maybe he can find a hobby or something to help occupy his time.
Old October 28th, 2011, 08:14 PM
"me somebody" site member

Glad you sold the car; the satisfaction in that trumps whatever idiocy you had to deal with, I'm sure.

Last edited by aliensatemybuick; October 30th, 2011 at 11:53 AM.