Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1966 Oldsmobile Jetstar 88 4 door sedan

Search this Thread

Old June 21st, 2011, 02:41 PM

I have taken the deluxe center from a 1966, they are the same.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 08:35 PM

That looks like my '65 deluxe cap
Old June 23rd, 2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by oldsrocket88
That looks like my '65 deluxe cap
oldsrocket88 you are correct!
Old June 24th, 2011, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by copper128
Isn't that a '65 deluxe horn button?
Were they the same for '66?
Copper128, they are the same. I enjoyed owning my 1965 88's because I was able to interchange dash parts from 1966 cars in junkyards. Double the chances of finding parts!

Other GM b-body cars changed the dash from 1965-6 (Pontiac, Chevrolet).
Old June 25th, 2011, 09:49 AM
Resident Eskie

What a great story. Hope you are enjoying the car. Where are the pictures?
Old June 25th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Rockett

Yes. We wants pictures. We wants them.

Would it be terribly bad form to ask how much you paid?
Old July 8th, 2011, 09:23 PM

I paid $2000.00 for the car . That was with the tires and battery newly replaced. and I have pictures but have not figured out how to upload them. the car does need a paintjob so it does not look like a million bucks. Ordered and received hood hinges it needed, new turnsignal cam which turned out NOT to be in the car, and now am ordering the center medallion that was the nicer of the two styles. I have not even tagged the car yet. When the pictures are uploaded there will be lots of them. When It arrived by carrier all of the hubcaps were off and I instantly cringed, as I bought the car sight-unseen. They were in the car and immediately went back on . Other than being driven in my neighborhood , it has not been put on the open road yet.

Pictures are coming . promise I love the car and am happy I got it. Its a fun project, and runs very sweet. It is exactly as it was represented, except that the paint , very worn on the top and trunk of the car , has allowed for slight surface rusting... so I am pricing paint jobs.. want to put it back to as original as possible .
Old October 6th, 2011, 09:33 PM

Am also looking for a complete weatherstrip kit for the car, and the deluxe steering wheel.. The horn button I ordered for it does not fit this wheel have began sanding the top and trunk of the car to prime and get ready for a paintjob. Also have been taking photos , starting from the day it arrived in Florida. Have remained in touch with Judy, the seller. She is such a sweet lady and was worried for whatever reason that i wouldn't just totally love the car... I really do love it. It is going to be tagged and on the road before my Birthday in November...hopefully sporting a new paint job as well by then.

Does anyone know if AM/FM radios were available for any of the 1966 Star fire, Jetstar, Delta, Dynamic Body styles ,and if so , who might have one they would like to part with? I am going to leave the car as original as possible, but some things must be replaced, such as the weatherstripping and the paint. The Roommate is trying to get me to customize it out, even showing me one on the internet , which really was stunning being customized. I choose to keep mine as much as I possibly can, as it came from the factory.
Old October 7th, 2011, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by timmycan
Am also looking for a complete weatherstrip kit for the car
Fusick appears to have at least some of this. Go to this page, and download their catalog 21BC and check out pages 12 and 13 for the 4-door car weatherstrips they have.

http://www.fusick.com/catalogdownload.htm

Check out Steele as well.

http://www.steelerubber.com/

They've got a "basic kit" of front door, rear door, and trunk weatherstrips for 1966 88 4-door sedans for $232.

Another supplier is Soffseal.

http://www.soffseal.com/store/Main.aspx?html=home

I think that what Fusick sells is actually produced by one of these other suppliers. But all are well-regarded and should be able to help you out.
Old October 7th, 2011, 06:56 AM

Does anyone know if AM/FM radios were available for any of the 1966 Star fire, Jetstar, Delta, Dynamic Body styles ,and if so , who might have one they would like to part with?
AM/FM radios were an option on your Jetstar 88, as well as the 98 and all other B/C body GM cars... The 65-68 models were basically identical with slight trim changes (interior and exterior)... The 65-66 models had very little changes at all except grille and tail lights... The 98 and 88 dash are all the same in any given year... Also the radios used by GM are Delco radios....
Old October 7th, 2011, 06:09 PM

Thanks for the information. Anyone who has an AM/FM Radio that they want to part with that would fit my car, I would be interested in..

I am also attempting to upload some pics tonight finally ..
Old October 7th, 2011, 06:11 PM

Jetstar arrives in Jacksonville

For some reason I cannot upload pics.. have contacted the admin.. hopefully will have them posted tonight.

Last edited by timmycan; October 7th, 2011 at 06:19 PM.
Old October 7th, 2011, 06:16 PM

I think I have one but does not work....you would need it to be repaired and it might be expensive. I paid 35 bucks for it and would need to get that for me to let it go.
Old October 7th, 2011, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
I think I have one but does not work....you would need it to be repaired and it might be expensive. I paid 35 bucks for it and would need to get that for me to let it go.

Will let you know.. thank you !!!
Old October 7th, 2011, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Oldsmaniac
I think I have one but does not work.....
aren't those still transistor type radios?? If they are, he might be able to find some older radio repair guy to work on it... There are still some "old skool" radio repairmen out there - just have to look long and hard to find...
Old October 8th, 2011, 03:47 PM

Okay...... twice now I have written the "system administrator" because it says to do so when I attempt to upload photos .....

Does anyone know who that might be?? I want to get pictures up

Thanks
Old October 8th, 2011, 04:08 PM

Okay...... twice now I have written the "system administrator" because it says to do so when I attempt to upload photos .....

Does anyone know who that might be?? I want to get pictures up

Thanks
Are you using photobucket? Thats the easiest way to post up your pics... Use the link on there that says IMG code from your pics - copy/paste on here...
Old October 8th, 2011, 07:19 PM

I actually am not using photo bucket.. I was trying to upload from my pc .. which works on other sites just like this one. but every time I try it says contact system admin. Im embarrassed to say ive never used photo bucket :/
Old October 8th, 2011, 07:37 PM

sign up for photobucket - its free and simple to upload on forums.... much easier than uploading pics from your computer
Old December 26th, 2011, 06:57 PM

Hi Peeps..

Since Last checking in with you all, I have now replaced the hood hinges, and dismantled the Steering to fix the turn signal issue. Turns out it needs the Turn signal switch.. that is with the harness and everything.. Someone patched the original I presume with epoxy. SO.. I am in need of a new turn signal switch AND the Deluxe Steering wheel.. the Center Medallion I ordered for the car does not fit the original wheel. Id prefer black or brown on the wheel but even if it is another color I can paint it or whatever to match.. Hope someone out there has something.

I have lots of pictures.. Need a higher authority than i to show me how to upload them... Have them from the time the car arrived.. Much of it has been sanded to prep for the paint shop but I figured it best to get its minor issues out of the way, a tune up and what not.. The car is now tagged and legal so Ive driven it a bit. Seems every time I stop and park somewhere a certain element of society wants the car to put 22's and make it a Low Rider. Sorry.....not why I bought it. I remain in touch with Judy , its former owner from time to time.

I cannot wait to finish getting it cleaned up and painted and hit the car shows
Old December 27th, 2011, 04:37 AM

Hi Peeps..

I have lots of pictures.. Need a higher authority than i to show me how to upload them...
Go to http://www.photobucket.com and sign up for a free account... Then click "upload" and it will allow you to choose the pictures onto your photobucket account...

After uploading, it will allow you to copy and paste the link of the picture onto any site that supports pictures... There are various links from each picture - you can either click the link for "direct" to directly see the picture on photobucket, or upload it to the site here...

Any more help just PM and I'll be glad to give you more help...
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:54 PM

Hey troops... two years in on my Jetstar Project....happens I'm driving her around town now. Just love how smooth she rides.

Looking for a few things.....

the ***** you grab inside the door to unlock the door. all 4 brown or black. Original Floor mats front and back, and trunk pad. (brown or Toupe for the mats, trunk pad )

Haven't gotten it painted but it is now garage kept. New Master cylinder, tuneup , Oil Change. etc.. If I ever get the pic upload thing down pat, got lots to share..

Even keep in touch with Judy , its former owner who wants to visit me and ride in the car again.. Sounds like a plan. Hope all of you are well.!!!
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:31 AM

Cool! How about some updated photos?
Old February 1st, 2014, 12:56 PM

Hey troops... two years in on my Jetstar Project....happens I'm driving her around town now. Just love how smooth she rides.

Looking for a few things.....

the ***** you grab inside the door to unlock the door. all 4 brown or black. Original Floor mats front and back, and trunk pad. (brown or Toupe for the mats, trunk pad )

Haven't gotten it painted but it is now garage kept. New Master cylinder, tuneup , Oil Change. etc.. If I ever get the pic upload thing down pat, got lots to share..

Even keep in touch with Judy , its former owner who wants to visit me and ride in the car again.. Sounds like a plan. Hope all of you are well.!!!
Please post pics! A '66 Jetstar was my first ride and keep in mind I was a high schooler in the 80's at the time so everyone made fun of my Grandma-mobile until I hit the gas