Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1966 442 w/ 4 speed, Solid, Original, Clean, in WI $15,450 See pics

Search this Thread

Old May 17th, 2010, 07:37 PM

1966 442 w/ 4 speed Original & Clean, in WI $15,450 See pics

Hello Olds fans. For sale is this very clean, very original, unmodified, and solid 1966 Olds 442, 2 door post painted in its original shade of dark green with a black vinyl top. Overall the car is in excellent condition. It runs and drives down the road great and is very presentable.

Engine is the original to the car 400 V8 with 4 barrel carb. Engine is unmodified and has never been opened up. It has all the power it should, sounds great, no hesitation or rough idle, runs excellent and needs nothing. Exhaust sounds great and is new original Olds dual exhaust. This 442 was originally an automatic but has been converted to the period correct M21 4 speed manual. The trans shifts great with no grinding, no sloppiness, clutch feels great, and so on.

Brakes work great and need nothing. Suspension and steering feels great with no slop, no odd noises, etc... This 442 runs down the road very straight and smooth. Shocks are newer.

Interior is black with bucket seats. Driver seat has some splitting but seat foam is good. Passenger and back seat are great. Headliner and carpet are new. Overall has a clean, presentable, and original interior.

The body is very solid, and straight. The finish is very presentable. It is glossy and has much depth. New vinyl top. Floors are original, clean, and solid, NO holes. Trim, glass, and etc... are all clean and very presentable. Bumpers have been re-chromed and look great. Gas tank is new. Many other new parts. Original radio, car cover, owner's manual, service books, and etc... are included with sale. This 442 has won 1st and 2nd place awards at large Oldsmobile events in Minneapolis.

This is a very presentable vehicle that runs and drives excellent. This is a get in and go car. It can be greatly enjoyed the way it is or could use a few things to bring it up to the next level. It was owned by my uncle for 7 years, who took excellent care of it.

$15,450 Serious inquiries only please. Call (262) 628-0181 (ask for Paul, my father) or email pgutbrod@hotmail.com for more information. More pictures available if needed. Car is located in south eastern Wisconsin, near Milwaukee.

Last edited by OldSkoolFool; May 18th, 2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old May 17th, 2010, 07:54 PM
car guy

Looks like a nice car but I thought 400's got painted copper and 330's got the gold. Is that not the case in all instances?
Old May 17th, 2010, 08:03 PM

wow, love that color
Old May 18th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Trying to remember member

Originally Posted by gearheads78
Looks like a nice car but I thought 400's got painted copper and 330's got the gold. Is that not the case in all instances?
Yes, that is a very nice Cutlass Sports Coupe.
The 400 should be bronze. I know there were minor variations in the bronze and pictures don't always show true color, but even given that leeway, that certainly looks gold to me too.
It would help if you posted the engine block number (on the shelf above the water pump), and a pic of the firewall data plate (or the info on it).
Old May 18th, 2010, 06:04 PM

Spoke with my father today and cleared up that the owner prior to my uncle painted the engine the incorrect color of gold instead of the bronze it was supposed to be when the engine was out when the trans was installed. I appologize for the mix up and have fixed the ad! Thanks for pointing that out.
Old May 18th, 2010, 06:27 PM
car guy

Originally Posted by OldSkoolFool
Spoke with my father today and cleared up that the owner prior to my uncle painted the engine the incorrect color of gold instead of the bronze it was supposed to be when the engine was out when the trans was installed. I appologize for the mix up and have fixed the ad! Thanks for pointing that out.
Makes since because it did look wider than a 330 in the picture