455 what did it come from?

Search this Thread

Old January 15th, 2017, 06:19 AM
Connoisseur d'Junque

Since it's all apart, and you can't vouch for the origins of the parts, he should check to be sure the caps don't need to be cleaned up or bored (no, this is not my area of expertise).

- Eric
Old January 15th, 2017, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by MDchanic
Since it's all apart, and you can't vouch for the origins of the parts, he should check to be sure the caps don't need to be cleaned up or bored (no, this is not my area of expertise).

- Eric
Well I do know the guy I bought the car, and engine from. He did pull the motor apart himself, but I plan to have everything checked. I want this motor to last. Will start it's life in my Buick, and maybe find its way into an early 70's Cutlass someday.

The only reason he pulled it apart was because it had froze up from sitting. Could have just tossed some fluid in the cylinders, and let it sit! (at least that's what I would have done before taking it apart)
Old January 20th, 2017, 12:18 PM

Well guys good news! The 455 will be going into an Oldsmobile. A guy down the street from me has a 75 cutlass supreme, with the small v8. We came to a deal where he keeps the motor, so my motor will go in! Should hopefully bolt in (with the correct mounts etc)
Old January 20th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by NorthernMainer
Well guys good news! The 455 will be going into an Oldsmobile. A guy down the street from me has a 75 cutlass supreme, with the small v8. We came to a deal where he keeps the motor, so my motor will go in! Should hopefully bolt in (with the correct mounts etc)
The correct mounts are the ones already in the car. You'll need the W/Z manifolds or headers for a BBO.
Old January 20th, 2017, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
The correct mounts are the ones already in the car. You'll need the W/Z manifolds or headers for a BBO.
Okay awesome. I will probably just buy a set of headers for it. Let that big block breathe.