69 VISTA CRUISER POSSIBLE SALE

Old August 25th, 2008, 05:47 PM
69 vista cruiser

Unhappy 69 VISTA CRUISER POSSIBLE SALE

HEY GUYS I LOVE MY VISTA CRUISER BUT AM HAVING A LOT OF CASH ISSUES RIGHT NOW I AM ATTACHING SOME PHOTOS AND JUST CURIOUS WHAT YOU THINK SHE MIGHT BE WORTH IF I HAVE TO SELL HER.
350 ROCKET
ALL ORIGINAL INTERIOR
RUNS AND DRIVES
TRANS SLIPS A LITTLE BIT IN FIRST GEAR AND REVERSE.
ORIGINAL TITLE FROM 69
NEEDS DOOR KEY
NEEDS WINDOW MOTOR FOR TAILGATE

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK, I REALLY DON'T WANT TO SELL HER BUT AM AFRAID I AM GONNA HAVE TO

GOT MORE PICS IF YOU ARE CURIOUS EMAIL ME AT DANLONCHAR2007@AOL.COM OR LET ME KNOW ON HERE AND I WILL SEND THEM TO YOUR EMAIL
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
1.jpg (42.8 KB, 134 views)
2.jpg (59.0 KB, 87 views)
3.jpg (33.6 KB, 82 views)
4.jpg (37.3 KB, 67 views)
5.jpg (35.6 KB, 82 views)

Last edited by danlonchar; August 25th, 2008 at 05:47 PM. Reason: ADD MORE INFO
Old August 26th, 2008, 04:56 AM
Past Administrator

If I saw it with a "for sale" sign in my neighborhood priced right I would impulse buy it. But that is just me. I don't need any more projects now but that is the way it goes. If someone like me is in your area you have already sold it. Good luck.
Old August 26th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Registered

Sorry about your situation. The car is the same year as the one in "That '70's Show" which adds a premium, and it is all there and not messed with which is another selling point. The front seat looks really good for a Vista, how's the rest of the interior? A decent interior is a major plus too along with the third seat if it has one. I hate to speculate on a price without seeing it. I paid 2k for mine and it was in worse shape but had no rust to speak of, everything else was shot though. I agree with Oldsguy, that car would lure me right in on an impulse too, my wife hates those phone calls. If it were mine I would advertise it and/or put it somewhere where it can be seen and (I will stick my neck out) put $2950 OBO on it and start from there, too high or low? I just figure guys buy sets of tall wheels and tires that cost that much everyday.

Allan

Last edited by Bluevista; August 26th, 2008 at 06:30 AM.
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:48 AM

Cool car. Good luck selling it.
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:57 AM
69 vista cruiser

Yeah, all of the interior is really nice, just needs to be cleaned up in the back of it. There is no 3rd row seat but the back seats just as nice as the front the dash is great the radio works. She would be easy to do a original restoration on. I guess at 18 I am to young to own a project car along with a house in the middle of being remodeled.
Old August 26th, 2008, 01:09 PM

18 definitely isn't too young to own a car like that. I still own my car that I had when I was 18. It is still in the process of being "fixed" 10 years later. As for owning a house at 18...
Old August 26th, 2008, 05:10 PM
69 vista cruiser

LOL yeah some times i regret buying the house but when i was living at my moms we had no room for any toys. So I woulda never gotten it in the first place, i wish i could find some one with a daily driver cutlass who would trade i really dont care the year as long as its mid 80s or older and a 2 door, I am in a wheel chair and itd be easy for me to get the chair in and out of a cutlass due to those long doors and giant front seats. But owning a house all the money goes in to it first before toys now, thats a down side, i havent even got to drive the vista cruiser yet. But ohwell one day i will have the money to get me another classic olds if i get rid of her.
Old August 26th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Registered

Gee, my daughter is 18. A house is a big deal but if you can handle it why not? best for your money as long as the area is holding up okay. Just don't try to do everything at once, it can be overwhelming. I did remodeling for nearly 30 years and my house isn't even finished, dog fence or new kitchen? dogs have a nice split rail and critter wire fenced 2 acres now.

I bet somebody would trade you for the Vista, try Craigslist. I would try to get something, you'll always have bills. My car is way down on the bottom of the totem pole in priority but at least it's on the pole, I'm just above and under the dogs.

The Vista Cruisers really don't have much room in the front behind the wheel and that door is small. I had to make some plates and move the seat back 2 inches more just to drive it, and height not belly is the problem, somehow it is getting closer every year though? need tilt.

Allan
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:39 PM
69 vista cruiser

yeah its a great neighborhood owner occupied, i am lucky i am fresh outta high school working at one of the best places to work in the town, but after i pay bills i dont have money left to do anything any more. Yeah i havent had money to work on the vista in forever, and you are right they arent big, i thought about doing bucket seats in it but idk at this point it looks like the old girl is gonna have to go, i might try craiglist see if i can get a cutlass or something.
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:43 PM
69 vista cruiser

so does everyone think it is at least worth 2500?
Old August 26th, 2008, 08:45 PM
69 vista cruiser

here are more pics
Attached Images
6.jpg (30.6 KB, 56 views)
7.jpg (27.8 KB, 51 views)
8.jpg (31.0 KB, 61 views)
9.jpg (42.4 KB, 30 views)
11.jpg (29.5 KB, 87 views)
Old August 26th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Registered

Hey you're in the one pic! funny that you don't see more people with their cars in pictures on forums? Are you sure there isn't a third seat or is it just gone? That looks like the split second seat to me, or is '69 different? I think the car is worth $2500, like Oldsguy said, it will grab somebody, worth a shot anyway.

Allan
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:16 PM

Wow I wish I had the money. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Old August 27th, 2008, 06:31 AM

The Vista Cruisers really don't have much room
That is why I like big cars! I am 7ft tall and the front seat of my 98 had to move back about two inches.

BTW, I think $2500 obo would be a good starting point for that car. Especially since it runs.
Old August 27th, 2008, 07:20 AM
69 vista cruiser

not a hundred percent sure if its there or not i had a buddy crawl back there and flip up the floor and he said it wasnt there, i cant open the back door since it doesnt have the window motor to roll it down and i dont have the door key. It may have the owners manuel in the glove box for all i know. But its only ever been titled to one person which i think is amazing concidering its been owned by like 3 different people in michigan but no one ever transferred the title out from the guy in Nevada
Old August 27th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Registered

I'm pretty sure that your car has the third seat, with Vistas that is what everybody wants, the price is going up. The third seat faces forward on all Vista Cruisers (unlike most wagons), the whole reason for the design. It is accessed through the side door to raise it. Your buddy probably didn't see it because he looked under the storage compartment door and it is hard to see from there, I think you would just see the back of the cushion if it is down, and some have a panel there to hide it. The key is just to raise and lower the window if it is power, the gate only opens when the window is all the way down in any case.

Wait a minute..you never said the car was originally from Nevada did you? How long was it in Michigan? Is the frame pretty clean with no flaking rust, floors okay as far as you can tell? Maybe your buddy can get in there and flip that seat up, carefully get those panels and rear roof spoiler out of the way sitting there, don't want to scuff or damage anything, seriously. You young guys can get too gung-ho sometimes and do more damage than good.
This can change the whole calculation if it is a limited rust southwest car with a good interior. I wondered if that is how the paint got so sunburned and why the trim and bumpers look so good?
You may have a diamond in the rough there. now everybody will want it, I would too if I didn't have mine.

Allan

Last edited by Bluevista; August 27th, 2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old August 27th, 2008, 09:38 PM
69 vista cruiser

the floors are solid as far as i can tell its really dirty underneath there is a little flaking rust but nevada winters from what ive heard can be harsh. Over all its in good shape the frames solid and like you said the trim and bumpers still have a good shine. Ill try to get him to look this weekend i work seconds and he works thirds so we dont see each other much now even though he lives here. She is a great car all around. Ill miss her if i get rid of her
Old August 27th, 2008, 09:40 PM
69 vista cruiser

the floors are solid as far as i can tell its really dirty underneath there is a little flaking rust but nevada winters from what ive heard can be harsh. Over all its in good shape the frames solid and like you said the trim and bumpers still have a good shine. Ill try to get him to look this weekend i work seconds and he works thirds so we dont see each other much now even though he lives here. She is a great car all around. Ill miss her if i get rid of her. I know that the second seat is in a great shape and if that third seat opens like that its probably there. So i will check it out. I wish i could sell her on here to someone who loves these old cars i know shed go to a good home then.
Old August 29th, 2008, 04:01 PM

Nevada winters are harsh, alright - if you live in the Sierras (and your last name is Donner)! If the car came from Reno/Carson City, there may be some rust to be dealt with. But if you are from anywhere else in that state, I think it's safe to say that she should be pretty clean. I know - I lived in Las Vegas for 20 years and you would not believe what treasures junkyards held there as recent as 10 years ago. My '66 has spent 40 years in IL/MN...I'll show you some rust!
Old August 29th, 2008, 09:48 PM
69 vista cruiser

yeah, i would have to look at the title to see what part of nevada she came from shes been in polebarns in michigan for about 6 years or so now, i keep it in the garage usually myself. I love her so much but shes gonna have to go. I will hopefully find me another olds in a few years once the house is done or closer to being done and i got a little more money to deal with. I really would like to sell her on here since i know she would be taken care of.
Old August 31st, 2008, 08:35 AM
69 vista cruiser

So i am completely stupid the whole time i met Nevada i meant Nebraska. I dont know what i was thinking lol i was looking at the title yesterday and realized it but the car was originally from Nebraska and not Nevada.
Old September 1st, 2008, 10:03 AM
69 vista cruiser

WELL EVERYONE GREAT NEWS!!!!, she does have the 3rd row seat and its in excellent shape. Also i decided i just can not part with her and am going to keep her. Im gonna store her for now and work on her when i can, but i love her way to much and would be completely retarded to sell it since i would never get another deal like i got on her again.
Old September 1st, 2008, 10:49 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by danlonchar
WELL EVERYONE GREAT NEWS!!!!, she does have the 3rd row seat and its in excellent shape. Also i decided i just can not part with her and am going to keep her. Im gonna store her for now and work on her when i can, but i love her way to much and would be completely retarded to sell it since i would never get another deal like i got on her again.
Words from a true Oldsmobiler. When you've got a solid car that you just need time for, wait until the time comes. Might be a good idea to make a list of things that you need though, it's getting harder every day to get parts. Buy em now and install them later.
Old September 1st, 2008, 11:55 AM

My 3rd seat looked like nobody ever sat in the thing. Heck back in those days nobody cared about strapping your kids in, ya jes tossed 'em in the back and closed the tail gate
Old September 1st, 2008, 12:03 PM
Registered

LOL, I hate to say I told you ... Good move! I knew you would keep it once you saw it in a different light. The way cooler, way nicer, way rarer, and way better deal than you ever though light. The third seat was an unexpected surprise I bet. Probably felt like Indiana Jones exploring the deep recesses of the cavernous Veesta Cruiser Interior.

Hasta La Vista Cruiser!
Allan
Old September 1st, 2008, 01:28 PM
69 vista cruiser

yeah, i am gonna start trying to get the few parts i do need, i really only need the tail gate window motor, to have it put all back together then it will be all body work besides rebuilding the transmission and a few things to the engine. The body work is gonna be the hard part, trying to save the money to get it done theres only one shop in this town to trust for classic cars and well its not cheap.
Old September 5th, 2008, 02:53 PM

Hey Dan, What's the status of your Vista? Are you gonna [keep/sell]????
Old September 5th, 2008, 07:54 PM
69 vista cruiser

hey long time no talk. I am going to keep it for now unless the right price comes around, why do you ask??
Old September 6th, 2008, 05:00 AM

hey long time no talk. I am going to keep it for now unless the right price comes around, why do you ask??
Do you have an owners manual? I got one and went to put it in the glove box and .......................well I forgot I allready had one.duh
Old September 6th, 2008, 07:52 AM
69 vista cruiser

i dont know if i have one or not to be honest, i havent had the time to get the key made for the glove box and doors, so if theres one in it i cant tell
Old September 6th, 2008, 08:02 AM

i dont know if i have one or not to be honest, i havent had the time to get the key made for the glove box and doors, so if theres one in it i cant tell
Well I've got an extra when ya findly get her opened up, let me know
Old October 4th, 2008, 05:52 PM
69 vista cruiser

Well guys its a sad day, I am going to have to sell her after all.
Old November 6th, 2008, 08:54 PM
69 vista cruiser

SO I AM SURE YOU GUYS ARE SICK OF ME BY NOW LOL, I AM NOT GONNA SELL HER I HAD A FEW OFFERS ON HER AND ONE GUY TRYED TO SCAM ME BUT I LOVE THAT CAR WAY TO MUCH I CANT PART WITH HER, SHE IS GETTING READY TO GO IN THE GARAGE FOR WINTER.
Old November 6th, 2008, 10:04 PM

The choices are hard to make when you really like something. We watch and wait and the outcome is usually good. Store it and contact us in the spring when things are better and we will help you then.

Good luck.

Pat
Old November 7th, 2008, 03:58 AM

Everything ususally works out for the best.............................................. ...

...........................................EVENTUA LLY

SO I AM SURE YOU GUYS ARE SICK OF ME BY NOW LOL, I AM NOT GONNA SELL HER I HAD A FEW OFFERS ON HER AND ONE GUY TRYED TO SCAM ME BUT I LOVE THAT CAR WAY TO MUCH I CANT PART WITH HER, SHE IS GETTING READY TO GO IN THE GARAGE FOR WINTER.
Old November 7th, 2008, 05:48 AM

Good to hear that you don't have to sell it. Hopefully in the spring you will get a chance to tinker with it.