Coulmn shift to floor shift

Search this Thread

Old January 6th, 2009, 05:12 PM

Question Coulmn shift to floor shift

I was wondering if anybody had any experience with converting a 3 on the tree to floor? I am ordering my carpet this next week and was thinking about doing the conversion while it was out, any experiences, stories?
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by lowdynamo
I was wondering if anybody had any experience with converting a 3 on the tree to floor? I am ordering my carpet this next week and was thinking about doing the conversion while it was out, any experiences, stories?
I was always under the impression that an Olds 3 speed stick was rare and something to be proud of. My Dad had a few over the years. We had a couple af 50 Olds sticks, and a 54, 56, ane even a brand new 61. There is no way I would convert it to the floor but thats just my opinion. Drive that Olds proud.
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Old(s) Fart

The conversion is pretty straighforward. You'll need a floor shifter for your trans (I assume it's a Saginaw 3 spd?). Your best bet, if you can find one, is to simply swap the steering column for a floor shift column. This way you won't hack up a rare 3 spd column.
Old January 6th, 2009, 07:56 PM

So the 3spd is rare? well then you all just saved me 100 bucks! Not only am i proud but i am damn near jumping out my my skin waiting to drive this thing, this coming weekend i have some odds and ends to finish up and she will actually be road worthy. But thanks again guys!!
Old January 9th, 2009, 09:49 AM
is Fast Enough ...

So the 3spd is rare? well then you all just saved me 100 bucks! Not only am i proud but i am damn near jumping out my my skin waiting to drive this thing, this coming weekend i have some odds and ends to finish up and she will actually be road worthy. But thanks again guys!!
Bench seats are also a plus ...