Mounting an transmission cooler

Search this Thread

Old June 6th, 2009, 05:06 PM

Mounting an transmission cooler

I am trying to figure out the best way to locate some things. I have a new radiator and have an PermaCool oil cooler with fan. Now fitting the cooler in front of the radiator looks to be a mess as the way things are in there. So I was wondering can I mount the cooler on the backside(engine side) or would this make the cooler ineffective? Also can I mount it so the lines come in from the bottom rather than the side?
Old June 6th, 2009, 06:34 PM
Old(s) Fart

Originally Posted by The Stickman
I am trying to figure out the best way to locate some things. I have a new radiator and have an PermaCool oil cooler with fan. Now fitting the cooler in front of the radiator looks to be a mess as the way things are in there. So I was wondering can I mount the cooler on the backside(engine side) or would this make the cooler ineffective? Also can I mount it so the lines come in from the bottom rather than the side?
Top, bottom, side - the orientation of the cooler lines doesn't really matter. The fluid is pressurized and any trapped air will be pushed through. You do want to mount it in front, however. Are you talking about the Custom Cruiser? Mine has tons of room. I mounted the factory trans cooler from a D-body Fleetwood.
Old June 6th, 2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by joe_padavano
Top, bottom, side - the orientation of the cooler lines doesn't really matter. The fluid is pressurized and any trapped air will be pushed through. You do want to mount it in front, however. Are you talking about the Custom Cruiser? Mine has tons of room. I mounted the factory trans cooler from a D-body Fleetwood.

Yea on the Custom Cruiser. There are those cross bars right in front of the A/C condenser and the cooler I have had flanges on it to bolt it down with rather than using push pins or ties. So I just don't know where to bolt it to.