2000 silhouette power sliding door.

Old May 7th, 2009, 04:28 PM

2000 silhouette power sliding door.

has anyone changed the power motor for there sliding door? i have the factory book for it and i have to take all the inside back quarter panel off. it started to goof up on us yesterday and is working now so i expect it to go any time. i just hope i don't break any interior trim, I'm not good at removing the newer stuff.
Old May 11th, 2009, 03:59 AM

Wifey's slider has been acting up for about a year... sometimes works, other times not. Shop manual has a reset procedure write up, a combination of switches and actions gets the "reset" done, (it didn't resolve).

I'll likely be doing this job someday too.
Old May 11th, 2009, 03:28 PM

i done the reset procedure and is working now but not expecting it to last. the dealership just told there is an outstanding recall on this door for my van. i am thinking i will have whatever it is done and just hope that it also fixes my problem.
Old June 27th, 2009, 09:34 AM

Alright, I’m here on vacation and finally time to work the little problems…

The power slider has been intermittent, and without warning one day, stopped working. Electronic reset did not work. You can hear the solenoids working, but no door activity. Also, manually trying to open was a NOGO.

Here’s what I found: removal of the interior door panel while closed, (yeah, that was a treat, but do’able). Linkage all seamed good, as were the adjustments, found nothing loose. What I did discover was two (2) latching assemblies, one to the front, one to the rear of the door. Front was working OK. The rear is actuated by a long linkage rod… it was not getting enough pull. A little tug on this linkage rod while operating handle and off she went.
I found no adjustment for this rod or the connecting latch. There is a double bend in the rod near the interior handle side (front). I increased the bend to give it that extra pull and all is good now. Automatic works as expected and manual does as well! Wifey is happy again, all doors work.

Anybody want pictures, speak up before I batten down the hatches…

This should also work for the (Chebby) Venture and the (Pontiac) Montana, but you guys really should have bought an Olds!
Old June 27th, 2009, 01:47 PM

mine is still working after the reset process.
Old June 28th, 2009, 08:02 AM

Here's the Silhouette Passenger Slider with interior panel and plastic vapor barrier removed.

Long green box is "rod" in question.
Two green circles are original bends
Red circle is the "Extra Bend"

ExtraBendClose.jpg

Hope this helps some folks!
Enjoy
Old September 3rd, 2011, 11:37 AM

I have to say have two of these the 2000 just turned 140K the 2002 is at 129, had small issues with the side door, one time there were rocks close to the track causing a binding, had the weatherstrip get caught so removed it, had to rough up the contacts with scotch bright pad about 3 times now but none of the motor or cable assemblies have had a problem. That recall on the side door, don't be in a hurry to get it done they change the handles so your hand can't fit inside of them anymore, I still wish I had the old style handle. Something about kids getting their fingers caught in the handle itself.
Old September 3rd, 2011, 10:14 PM
NOVICE car nut

I had the same issues with our POS town & country we just sold recently , sometimes the doors would work and sometimes not
Old September 4th, 2011, 03:20 AM

i never had another problem with mine after reseting it.
Old June 30th, 2015, 08:23 AM

sliding door

if i remove the motor will it function as a regular non power door ?
Old June 30th, 2015, 08:25 AM

I am not sure but I would think so. Ours will work as a regular sliding door even with the motor hooked up but it is a little stiffer to move.