Parts For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

Misc. NOS parts!

Search this Thread

Old July 30th, 2009, 05:42 AM

Would you happen to have any NOS dark saddle floor mats for a '72? Thanks.
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:55 AM

parts

Is it worth the hassle dealing with this supplier of NOS parts? Thanks wazoo
Old July 30th, 2009, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by wazoo
Is it worth the hassle dealing with this supplier of NOS parts? Thanks wazoo
Where's the hassle with this seller versus other dealers or private sellers? Most private sellers have a life and don't do parts sales full-time so I cut them slack.

I need '72 saddle tan Oldsmobile mats. NOS is the only way to get them in new condition. Somebody out there has them - maybe this person - and they will probably be expensive as hell. When a new NOS seller pops up, I always ask about them.

Terry
Old July 30th, 2009, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by scrappie
Is there a big diff in the nos and repro stone shield?
The ONLY difference is that there are NO repro stone shields. NOS ones are still available at the GM dealerships. Don't beleive me? Run her part number at www.gmpartsdirect.com

Same with the center caps. Still available through the dealer.

John
Old July 30th, 2009, 05:30 PM
Banned

and the pope is smoking weed with me
Old July 30th, 2009, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by agtw31
and the pope is smoking weed with me
Well good for you. What part don't you beleive?

John
Old August 1st, 2009, 11:45 AM

Sorry, no NOS floor mats available.
Old August 1st, 2009, 07:53 PM
Banned

i was referring to the girl student line
Old August 1st, 2009, 07:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by oldspartsgirls
Sorry, no NOS floor mats available.
what exactly do you have in this warehouse?

all ive seen is the same stuff you can buy on ebay

surprise me
Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:21 AM
71 & 72,now I want a 68

Originally Posted by w-30dreamin
Hi,
sending a private message.

thanks

Hello Oldspartsgirls,

Have you recieved my private message dated july 26? I've recieved no reply.
thanks,
Walter
Old August 4th, 2009, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by w-30dreamin
Hello Oldspartsgirls,

Have you recieved my private message dated july 26? I've recieved no reply.
thanks,
Walter
sorry i havent replied! i am on vacation in hawaii & this is the first time i have been on the internet. I have a guy bAck in illinois checking this. he must have missed yours. I will call him & you should get a response by tomorrow!

The man who is responding to all the private messages is trying the best he can. I will be back in illinois on friday.

To the whole thing saying that i am not a girl, i am not a student, well it doesnt really matter if i am a female or a 400 pound sumo wrestler, all that matters is that i am selling parts. I am trying the best i can here. The emails & the names on the boxes was my dad's name. He used to sell parts on ebay so i use his paypal account. i put up a picture on my profile so u can see me. i am the one with the lighter hair

I will put up more parts as soon as i get back. I do have alot more, but i am still figuring out what all i have.

Sorry for all the trouble. like i said i am trying the best i can.
Old August 4th, 2009, 07:45 PM
Arrrggggg

Originally Posted by oldspartsgirls
sorry i havent replied! i am on vacation in hawaii & this is the first time i have been on the internet. I have a guy bAck in illinois checking this. he must have missed yours. I will call him & you should get a response by tomorrow!

The man who is responding to all the private messages is trying the best he can. I will be back in illinois on friday.

To the whole thing saying that i am not a girl, i am not a student, well it doesnt really matter if i am a female or a 400 pound sumo wrestler, all that matters is that i am selling parts. I am trying the best i can here. The emails & the names on the boxes was my dad's name. He used to sell parts on ebay so i use his paypal account. i put up a picture on my profile so u can see me. i am the one with the lighter hair

I will put up more parts as soon as i get back. I do have alot more, but i am still figuring out what all i have.

Sorry for all the trouble. like i said i am trying the best i can.

Not to stir the pot, but in your last response you said you were a student and you were studying for finals week so that's why responses were delayed and such, and then a tad over a week later your now on vacation and that's why responses are late and stuff to PM's and question. I myself PM'd you over a week ago and no answer.

Not trying to be a Dick or anything, but things like this is what makes me never want to buy form an individual. When they seem to place ad's, then either go MIA on you before or after you purchase and most times its same excuse, Death, School, or Vacation. All but Death are mostly pre planned events and putting items up for sale should have been post poned until after your personal agenda was handled, so people don't sit around and wonder if they are getting scammed or not. Just saying...
Old August 5th, 2009, 02:26 PM
Banned

what you have is a bunch of ebay sellers on here.

they are now invading boards to get out of paying ebay fees.

their profit margins are shrinking because ebay is cutting everybody's throat to stay alive

do you notice their prices actually are actually more than ebay's

youre going to see a lot more in here,just wait

boards like these should start creating a "donation" required to sell stuff on their site.

Last edited by agtw31; August 5th, 2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old August 5th, 2009, 07:13 PM

oldspartsgirls,
Nice photo. Enjoy your vacation and thank you for the e-mail replies I received. Having a daughter in University I understand you are busy with school, work and trying to enjoy some free time before the summer is over.
Old August 7th, 2009, 06:49 PM

Whoever should be mailing your parts has failed you.. I sent cash via paypal on Jul 30 and kind of expected a box at my doorstep when I got back from MY vacation today.

No box... no tracking number... no PM "sorry for the delay".... nada....

John
Old August 7th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Eightupman
Whoever should be mailing your parts has failed you.. I sent cash via paypal on Jul 30 and kind of expected a box at my doorstep when I got back from MY vacation today.

No box... no tracking number... no PM "sorry for the delay".... nada....

John
john,file a dispute with paypal quick before they clean their checking account out

when or if it comes in the mail,drop the dispute,and they get their money.

no problem
Old August 7th, 2009, 08:10 PM

Are you freaking kiddin me.....8 days and file a dispute. C'mon, be for real. I guess you guys would prefer that once an add is posted that that person put their life on hold until further notice. I've read 2 things on this thread so far and that is folks who have gotten what they ordered and folks who are merely asuming it's a ripoff. Get a grip people.
Old August 8th, 2009, 05:37 AM
Banned

you get a grip,it's not your money.

if a seller is paid instantly,there is no excuse why a part shouldnt have been shipped in 2 or 3 days.

i cant stand it when i buy a part and pay thru paypal,and the seller tells me it will be a week or 2 before they can ship,thats just BS.

Last edited by agtw31; August 8th, 2009 at 05:42 AM.
Old August 8th, 2009, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by sklbndt
Are you freaking kiddin me.....8 days and file a dispute. C'mon, be for real. I guess you guys would prefer that once an add is posted that that person put their life on hold until further notice. I've read 2 things on this thread so far and that is folks who have gotten what they ordered and folks who are merely asuming it's a ripoff. Get a grip people.
I was told in a PM that there was someone back home handling the shipping while she was away. She also makes mention of it in posts above. If that be the case, someone dropped the ball. That is all I am saying. Not one time I assumed or mentioned anything about being ripped off.

Don't read into something that is not there.

John
Old August 8th, 2009, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Eightupman
Not one time I assumed or mentioned anything about being ripped off.
No you didn't.....you generalized a bit of a concern which is understandable. There were others who have assumed this to be a ripoff and that comment was directed at them.

you get a grip,it's not your money.
Hmmm....from what I can tell it's not yours either.

if a seller is paid instantly,there is no excuse why a part shouldnt have been shipped in 2 or 3 days.

i cant stand it when i buy a part and pay thru paypal,and the seller tells me it will be a week or 2 before they can ship,thats just BS.
I've sold before, mostly on ebay, and have received paypal payments but my listing always states "up to 10 days for shipping". It further explains that my job can prevent me from getting to the post office and sometimes Saturday is the only day I can make it. Maybe if more posters mentioned this it would settle those people down who have no patience. Regardless, I suppose the next week will tell the tale on whether or not this seller is on the up-and-up. I suspect all will be fine.
Old August 8th, 2009, 10:36 AM

I've sold before, mostly on ebay, and have received paypal payments but my listing always states "up to 10 days for shipping". It further explains that my job can prevent me from getting to the post office and sometimes Saturday is the only day I can make it. Maybe if more posters mentioned this it would settle those people down who have no patience. Regardless, I suppose the next week will tell the tale on whether or not this seller is on the up-and-up. I suspect all will be fine.
I totally agree with this. I work from 0630 to 4 PM Sunday thru Thursday. Fed Ex is clear across town, and closes at 4:30. Local USPS has one branch open late during the week. I state I can ONLY ship on Friday or Saturday in ALL my ads. But if she is making arrangements to have someone DO it for her, while she is away, and that person dropped the ball for whatever reason is cause for concern and people need to know. But I'm somewhat patient so I will give it time. Others have gotten thier parts so its just a hiccup I am sure.

John
Old August 8th, 2009, 03:41 PM
Banned

I've sold before, mostly on ebay, and have received paypal payments but my listing always states "up to 10 days for shipping". It further explains that my job can prevent me from getting to the post office and sometimes Saturday is the only day I can make it..

no reason on earth shipping should take 10 days.

what the hell takes 10 days?you put it in a box,print the shipping label,call the mailman,they pick it up,and youre done

if it's for sale,it should be packed up and ready to go.

Maybe if more posters mentioned this it would settle those people down who have no patience. Regardless, I suppose the next week will tell the tale on whether or not this seller is on the up-and-up. I suspect all will be fine.
patience?

more BS

they've already been paid.

Last edited by agtw31; August 8th, 2009 at 03:46 PM.
Old August 8th, 2009, 04:05 PM

no reason on earth shipping should take 10 days.

what the hell takes 10 days?you put it in a box,print the shipping label,call the mailman,they pick it up,and youre done

if it's for sale,it should be packed up and ready to go.

patience?

more BS

they've already been paid.
I've got a PM from her... apologetic of course. Will be in the mail on Monday.

John
Old August 8th, 2009, 06:10 PM
Banned

glad they finally got back to you
Old August 14th, 2009, 09:55 PM

Got my 5 center caps today in perfect condition. Thanks!!
Old October 1st, 2009, 01:58 PM

would you happen to have a 68 cutlass supreme 3-spoke steering wheel. black?