Buildsheet locations...help me

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2006, 04:46 PM

Buildsheet locations...help me

okay i am the 2nd owner of my 68 cutlass "s" and i am trying to find out everything about the car so i can better my restoration in the future cause right now is play time with the car but everything will be bolt on and anything installed in the car not stock will be reversible when the time comes. anybody know the locations of the build sheets for my year of car or a common spot to look....so far ive had the seats out and no buildsheet...the car has an original headliner but its in need of replacement...it still looks good but its inevidible,its not under the carpet either and there is nothing in the glovebox...any ideas?? thanks in advance
Old August 4th, 2006, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by 1BAD68"S"
okay i am the 2nd owner of my 68 cutlass "s" and i am trying to find out everything about the car so i can better my restoration in the future cause right now is play time with the car but everything will be bolt on and anything installed in the car not stock will be reversible when the time comes. anybody know the locations of the build sheets for my year of car or a common spot to look....so far ive had the seats out and no buildsheet...the car has an original headliner but its in need of replacement...it still looks good but its inevidible,its not under the carpet either and there is nothing in the glovebox...any ideas?? thanks in advance
If your car is a Lansing built car, (M in the VIN), you probably won't find a Broadcast sheet. They were supposed to be removed in the cleanup on the shipping line at the assembly plant. They have been found between the fuel tank and the underbody, and also under the front carpet.

There are different types of broadcast/build sheets. The one i describe above is the Olds Assembly plant teletype sheet which does show all the chassis related items. There are also Fisher body "build sheets" that show the body related items. They have been found all over inside interior pieces in the vehicles. Even check under the rear carpet for that one. Behind door/interior panels, above the glove box, etc.

Cars built at the BOP plants seem to have more build sheets found than Lansing built cars. Probably because the assembly process and seqquence wa different since the bodies and chassis were made/assembled on the same site.
Old August 6th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Banned

the build sheet on my brother's 69 was found behind the driver's side door panel.
Old August 6th, 2006, 03:29 PM

Andy:

Which build sheet was that? The Fisher one or the Olds one? The bodies came from Fisher with the door panels intact and we didn't remove them at the Olds plant.
Old August 7th, 2006, 06:10 AM
Banned

dave,this is the actual build sheet,not the broadcast.

my brother found it in his old 69 post car.
Old August 19th, 2006, 10:49 PM

buildsheet locations...

cool...ill start tearing the door panels off...unfourtunatly the door panels look like they have been off before so im not holding my breath...as far as fuel tank ill know when i drop it next week when i get under there. i probley wont find one but i did find the original warranty card in the glove box and a disconection notice from the original owners cable company dated april 22 1984...score!
Old August 20th, 2006, 08:06 PM

buildsheet locations...

both door panels came off today and nothing...its not looking to good for finding a buildsheet...oh well....thanks for the advice guys...if i do find one then ill let you guys know and also let you know where as it might help the next guy because from what ive learned so far it a crap shoot in where the guys on the assembly line put them