Other Oldsmobiles Anything not listed above, such as F-85 (1961-1963), Firenza (1982-1988), Starfire (1961-66 and 1975-80), Omega, etc.

1973 olds omega

Search this Thread

Old January 14th, 2009, 07:13 PM

1973 olds omega

Hello everyone i am new to the site and i have just purchased an olds omega to restore. I was wondering if anyone would have some good info on some site/sites to check out that would have resto parts for me like the chrome that goes around the windows also seats i am looking to put some bucket seat in it so i can have a floor shifter. All info helps thanks in advance.
Old January 15th, 2009, 04:15 AM

I have found that there are not too many parts around...
Look at NOVA stuff for window and door trim, some parts do cross over.
Old January 15th, 2009, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by 74 Omega
I have found that there are not too many parts around...
Look at NOVA stuff for window and door trim, some parts do cross over.

Yes i have heard that alot of things will be able to work from a nova as far as interior i didnt know if the same window chrome would work.
Old January 26th, 2009, 12:25 PM
"I reckon so!"

I just purchased a 1973 olds omega for parts. It has bucket seats, console, etc. It is a hatchback.
I have a bunch of parts for novas, omegas, and venturas (apollos).

IF you just want to put in some bucket seats, late 70s camaro seats work well. The brackets are not the same, but if you don't plan to convert it with the correct brackets, it doesn't really matter what seats you use.

what chrome trim do you need?
Old January 27th, 2009, 07:50 AM

I don't have one, but always wanted one. There used to be oldsmobileomega.com but it dissappeared. Try this site also:

http://www.pontiacventura.com/index.html
Old February 2nd, 2009, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by RATCHETMASTER
I just purchased a 1973 olds omega for parts. It has bucket seats, console, etc. It is a hatchback.
I have a bunch of parts for novas, omegas, and venturas (apollos).

IF you just want to put in some bucket seats, late 70s camaro seats work well. The brackets are not the same, but if you don't plan to convert it with the correct brackets, it doesn't really matter what seats you use.

what chrome trim do you need?

So if i use the Camaro bucket seats with the Camaro brackets i will just have to drill new mounting points im new to this resto stuff i am a mechanic but i am a helicopter mechanic but i have the knowlege and ability to restore this car with some solid advice from people like you here. The chrome trim i would like to get is the trim around all the windows i have pretty much all the trim right now except for the drivers side door.
Old February 4th, 2009, 09:55 AM
"I reckon so!"

Originally Posted by 1973oldsomega
So if i use the Camaro bucket seats with the Camaro brackets i will just have to drill new mounting points im new to this resto stuff i am a mechanic but i am a helicopter mechanic but i have the knowlege and ability to restore this car with some solid advice from people like you here. The chrome trim i would like to get is the trim around all the windows i have pretty much all the trim right now except for the drivers side door.

Yes, the camaro seats are the same seats as the nova seats but have different tracts.
On the x-body The outside mounts for the buckets are different on the X-body with a bench seat as well. So something needs to be done on the inside next to the tunnel and on the outside near the door.

The best way to do it is get some mounts from a G-body split bench car (chisel them off the body floor) and use them to weld to your floor instead of drilling holes. Either way is good I guess.

the Camaro seats will look "correct" but you can get any buckets from newer cars (look for lower profile seats and small and from a two door so they recline) and use them too.