The Newbie Forum The place where you should introduce yourself. Do not ask technical questions here, use the site forum sections.

WHAT THE NEWBIE FORUM IS FOR .....

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2009, 08:12 AM
car guy

WHAT THE NEWBIE FORUM IS FOR .....

I am seeing lots of questions that belong in specific forums here. To help others doing searches in the future this needs to be just an introdution and tell us a little about you and your car(s).

Welcome to all the new guys. Lets try to keep other questions in the right place.
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:03 AM

im carhex1 im new and joyned because im trying to sell a 69 cutlass S I bought the car sight unseen for the bucket seats for my 70 chevelle but decided the car was rare enough to sell complete its listed on los angles craigs list for 2500 details are there if anyone is intrested please call me 626 488 5472 hector other cars i have are 70 el camino 71 buick skylark conv and a 70 chevelle and the 69 cutlass s thats my first olds thanks and hope im not breaking any rules by posting here my intensions are to get the car to the right people that would injoy it as i would a 70 LS6 chevelle
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:38 AM

a little about me and Josephine

Mom,apple pie and my cutlass f85! Not always in that order. Like to think my cutty looks like the day it came out of the factory except someone stopped it from being shipped and said let's put some sweet chrome rims on and some flake in the paint! Then ship it! She's all original matching except paint and rims(oh yeah and flowmasters) Will put up pics when I figure out how. Thanks Matt
Old May 29th, 2009, 11:48 AM

when do i get to post in the for sale section?
Old May 29th, 2009, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by carhex1
when do i get to post in the for sale section?
1 more post, 2 days as a member.
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:34 AM

newbie forum; but I'm old as dirt!!!

I guess every body is a Newbie at one time or another but when DIRT is younger than you, I start to wonder when old really starts!!! I have several Oldsmobiles, a '62 Starfire Conv. under a frame off resto right now and it's been taking about 20 years so far because I get side tracked by taking on other resto's that keep on getting in my way with finishing my '62. I should say that my son has taken on the "CAUSE" because he's started to try and restore a '63 Olds Starfire I had laying around that I was going to cut up into a trailer being a Conv. and all. I guess it's got some potential if it gets finished, seeing it's had complete Floor pans, Trunk pan, Frame repairs done so far and he's just getting started.

Hope I get a Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval by saving another Olds from the KRUSHER...
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:38 AM

Chequenman

Save what you can, sell parts to others that you don't need all goes to saving great iron. Welcome to the site and good luck on finishing your project
Old May 31st, 2009, 08:43 AM
Just an Olds Guy

Originally Posted by chequenman
I guess every body is a Newbie at one time or another but when DIRT is younger than you, I start to wonder when old really starts!!! I have several Oldsmobiles, a '62 Starfire Conv. under a frame off resto right now and it's been taking about 20 years so far because I get side tracked by taking on other resto's that keep on getting in my way with finishing my '62. I should say that my son has taken on the "CAUSE" because he's started to try and restore a '63 Olds Starfire I had laying around that I was going to cut up into a trailer being a Conv. and all. I guess it's got some potential if it gets finished, seeing it's had complete Floor pans, Trunk pan, Frame repairs done so far and he's just getting started.

Hope I get a Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval by saving another Olds from the KRUSHER...
Ha! I checked the dictionary to see whether this was right or not. Looked up DIRT and sure as heck there was a picture of you. LOL

Welcome aboard. Glad to hear that the interest is still out there and being passed along to the next generation. Hope your boy gets r done. It would be a shame to have it wait for another 20 years. Sometimes you just have to take the time for your own projects (if the money's there that is).

And YES!!! From me I'd give both of you a good housekeeping seal for keeping the cars alive and out of the KRUSHER. Most everyone on this site feels pretty much the same way about keeping and preserving the importance of our automotive (Olds) heritage. Good going.
Old June 7th, 2009, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by chequenman

Old enough to fart dust???
Good luck with the projects...
Jim
Old June 7th, 2009, 01:43 PM

Here we go?

Old enough to remember when "Party" was a noun.

Old enough to NEVER trust a phart.
Old June 7th, 2009, 06:27 PM

Old enough to remember when the town sheriff could not chase you beyond the city limits
If caught drinking beer when you were under age the same town sheriff made you pour the beer on the ground took you car keys away and then told you to have your dad come with you to ge the keys
Old June 8th, 2009, 05:59 AM

Eh

I am hear to Interbreed my two favorite GM Divisions. Pontiac and Oldsmobile. I have a 1977 Firebird I am placing my Olds 455 into and there are a few things I would like advice on so I am spending time driving my car, not fixing it.
Old June 8th, 2009, 10:00 AM

Welcome

Welcome aboard

Tell us more and post some pics please.
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:38 AM

Welcome to the site 77Firebird. Great choice on engines. X2 on the pictures
Old June 8th, 2009, 07:33 PM

56 olds super 88

Hi guys new to the forum, I have a tudoor super 88 1956 missiing the hood are the four doors have the same hood and does anyone have any information about a/c in these cars i see some have factory built , or are these dealer bulit what i mean is did they come with a/c are did the dealer install this, thanks al
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:07 PM

Alright, my bird is a 1977 I paid $600 for two years ago, and it came from the factory with an Oldsmobile 350. Strange, I know, but absoultly true. The body is in some rough shape, enough putty to stock a Play Doh Factory. About a year ago, I bought a 455 from a 74 Toronado to replace my tired 350, and and getting close to finishing the build. I have broken the motor down, and sent the heads out seperatly from the block to have machine work done. Good Thing. The Machine Shop I went to had some bad information in their books, and pressed the hardened valve seats right into the water jackets. So I am trying to replace the heads, and get the rest of the motor done before season is up over here. Right now I am focusing in on making sure I do my build right, that way I dont bend pushrods and have to redo stuff when I can be having fun.

Not the best pictures, but there is the car and its future. Nothing like a Poncho Covered Rocket eh?

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ller/manul.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...dwiring008.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...dEngine026.jpg
Old June 11th, 2009, 04:22 AM
Past Administrator

Welcome to the both of you guys. Hope you enjoy CO. 51allen, I think that early that most of the AC installations were aftermarket. 77firebird, knew of Oldsmobile 403 engines being put in the firebird so having a 350 isn't a stretch of the imagination at all.