you would think rewiring a car would be easy...

Search this Thread

Old November 3rd, 2006, 12:18 AM

you would think rewiring a car would be easy...

i just got my new wire harness and the instructions leave a lot to be desired but everything is labled, but i didnt get a painless cause well it gets tight around christmas but i still got a quality harness.now i guess it comes down to this...i scored a complete front(headlights,horn,turn signals,etc.)harness off a 68-72 buick gs or skylark(same i think) and also pilfered the headlight buckets,rings,springs and adjusters...stupid adjusters are wrong but i guess the question is would this harness be the sameor similar as my 68 cutlass harness...i mean it is 4 headlight system but this one is in so much better shape than mine which i can only describe asso what do you think...is it do able??? thanks in advance oh and also as soon as i get the pics up...some buick guys will cry cause other than needing a drivers quarter panel(damn rust monsters) it would be an awsome project and i think its on the crush list at the yard i was at
Old November 3rd, 2006, 04:49 AM
Past Administrator

I would think it would be very similar, maybe the alternator wiring would be a different length because of placemnent on a buick vs. an olds engine, same for the starter motor, not sure where it is on the buick. Other than that, I would think all the fuse values and lengths such as headlight wiring, etc would be similar. Hope it works for you.
Old November 7th, 2006, 09:07 PM

harness issues no more!!

sweet....the harness works...a few clean splices and following the original harness from my cutlass and it works......now for the rest of the car after this im never gonna rewire it again...such a pain in the.....
Old November 9th, 2006, 04:30 AM
Past Administrator

Good, glad it worked.