ClassicOldsmobile.com  

Go Back   ClassicOldsmobile.com > Vehicle Lineup > Large Oldsmobiles > Eighty-Eight
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Classic Oldsmobile Forum!
Welcome to Classic Oldsmobile forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Classic Oldsmobile Forum today!

submit to reddit

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2007, 08:43 AM   #1

1962 Rocket 88 Wheel Information Needed

Hi. New member to the board. I own a 1962 Rocket 88 sedan.

I'm looking for the original wheel specifications. Specifically, I'm trying to find the rim size, offset, and bolt circle specifications for the OEM rims.

Going one step further, I'd like to know if I can temporarily use the original rims and the current 205-75-R14 tires from my Rocket 88 to transport a 1957 Chevrolet. I know that the tire size is right, I just don't know if the rim offset and bolt pattern are compatible.

FWIW, I have already checked my 1962 Olds Owners Manual and the 1962 Service Manual, but I haven't been able to find the rim offset and bolt pattern information.

thanks!
bob p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2007, 09:23 PM   #2

Your Olds wheels should be on a 5-inch bolt circle; the Chevy needs a 4 3/4-inch bolt circle.
Danny Wiseley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2007, 10:05 PM   #3

Thanks. You're right, the Chevy spec sheets do say that it uses a 4.74 inch bolt circle. I wasn't sure about the Rocket 88. I was hoping that there might have been some consistency along the GM lines, but I guess that wasn't the case back in the 50s and 60s.

On a technical note, can you tell me if this is the method used to measure the bolt circle diameters as we've been referring to the measurements? I'm not confident in my own measurements, so I thought it would be a good idea to double check.

Thanks.

Click the image to open in full size.
bob p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2007, 10:05 PM
ClassicOldsmobile
1957 Oldsmobile

Paid Advertisement

submit to reddit