1964 Jetstar 88 Convertible parts

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2007, 10:01 PM

WANTED - 1964 Jetstar 88 (Convertible) parts

Hello all. New to this forum, and have enjoyed all your comments. I have the above mentioned car, and need a source for some trim pieces, window felts, arm rest, convertible motor, and other future needs. I'm not looking to have a parts car laying around (I have had a chance for a really reasonable one), just a dependable goto source.

Thank you in advance,
- Smooth
Old May 17th, 2007, 07:08 AM

Brakes

After some research, it seems the other 88's trim of the same year will fit (PLEASE correct me if I am wrong).

I was also wondering if anyone has changed the front brakes to disk on a '64 88? Who provides a kit for this?

Thanks!!
Old May 17th, 2007, 07:25 AM

I would buy the parts car and start stripping it. The "knick-knacks" are what kills a person restoring an older car. I don't know of any disc-brakes for that model. Good Luck , Ken
Old May 19th, 2007, 06:54 AM

i have a 64 Jetstar88 2 dr holiday coupe rust free (except for the dreaded rear bumper) I also have some trim parts and extra core bumpers..it has 15 x 7 ralley wheels and a 425/400 out of 67? 98...I am signing a deal on a vintage modified today..need cash...the car is non a/c but basically too nice to tear up which is why I bought a vintage car howsomever,,,wife wants to drive so if yo want to come strip this car of everything you want for a negotiated price...if will use the shell on another chassis i am buying or buy whole car!!!! wanted 3500 total but will sell car minus motor for 2800...hurry!!! I will sell or swap this out soon as I have to be ready for a race date in Aug...car is in central fl ..also have 3.23 posi rear (complete incl housing)...all glass good except pass front window cracked...drivers seat bad and small crack in dash pad....overall nice shape....give me a call at 352-341-7749..or email.....need cash and room.....may trade for nice open car hauler plus - or + cash....with a little cash UP FRONT I might be able to strip the car for you but, if I do that there is no going back so i would rather just sell it...email at ,vett2000@earthlink.net> if no answer at phone#,I will be at new mod owners house prepping the car and at the track sun...thanx eric
Old May 19th, 2007, 07:10 AM

64 j's88

Forgot.....64-67 abody brake kits work with a little tlc or disc brake mike will hook you up....meware...64 Jetstar motor mounts are NOT the samw as 65 up even though EVERYONE including pros in the biz will tell you they are I have a set after buying several wrong ones....pm for more info..eric.........anyone in FL to help me/and this guy with the travel or labor? I go to ohio in july but will have camper behind truck can't bring car
Old May 19th, 2007, 01:18 PM

Hello, I meant to say, "If I were you, I would buy the car." If a 1964 rear-end would fit in my 1967 Olds 98 I would be interested in the rear-end. I presently have a 3:08 Posi in it, Hey :23 is better than :08. Later, Ken
Old May 19th, 2007, 02:48 PM

64 jetstar rear ends are a one year only housing...that's why they are so rare...they do not bolt in to 65 up b bodies...just got an email form sc...may have a package deal done...will know tues pm..thanx eric
Old May 19th, 2007, 02:49 PM

Thanks

Thanks for the direction for the brakes!!. My car came from CA (original black plate) and is super clean. I need the very front trim on each quarter panel, and the trim for the trunk.

I had an opportunity to get a hard top (no shipping... it was close) for $2100... Probably stupid to pass on. I thought it was too nice to strip parts off of, plus I REEEEEAaally don't want to have a parts car around. I can't throw anything away as it is... I'll tell myself for every little nut and bolt, "You might need this someday." <lol> You know how it is.

I also need a switch and motor for my convertible top. Would like to find a parade boot as well.

Thanks,
- Smooth
Old October 31st, 2007, 08:54 PM

Just Say No to Parting Out Nice Cars

I hate to see a good complete car that is rust free get parted out. There are still TONS of old cars in junkyards on the west coast. It just takes some phone calls to the venders who advertise in Hemmings Motor News to find what you are looking for.

For used parts on my 1960 & 70s Buicks and Oldsmobiles, I've had good luck with Pacific West Auto (818-897-4141) and All American Classics (http://www.allamericanclassics.com/). I've bought bumpers, trim, etc from both and been very pleased.

For convertible top parts, check with Hydro-E-Lectric (http://www.hydroe.com/). They should have everything you need.

As far as disc brakes go, check with Disc Brake Mike, he sells a conversion for your car:
http://www.discbrakemike.com/

On the rear bumper, it is AMAZING the repairs that modern bumper replaters can do. They will patch in new steel, metalfinish it smooth and chrome it like it was never damaged.

For a lot of the soft goods (window felts, weatherstripping, carpet, etc), Chevrolet Impala parts are an exact substitute. I replaced the weatherstripping and rear package tray on my '66 Buick LeSabre with '66 Chevrolet Impala components and all were an exact fit! I like C.A.R.S. (http://www.carsinc.com/), as they sell quality components and are in my neighborhood!

Enjoy your classic Oldsmobile!

Last edited by Kaline; November 5th, 2007 at 03:58 AM. Reason: More Information