1965 Cutlass F85 convertible

Search this Thread

Old January 12th, 2010, 02:59 PM

1965 Cutlass F85 convertible

I have the car that is in the video " smile " by Uncle Kracker it is the red convertible with the older man with the beard driving it. Yes I can prove it is "that " car. The car is absolutely beautiful. I am looking to get a value on the car, and I am having trouble finding people who have the knowledge of what this is worth. Can anyone help? The car has been well kept through its life.
I will check back daily, thank you in advance for your time and help. Staci
1965 Cutlass F85 Convertible
Old January 12th, 2010, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by staci989
I have the car that is in the video " smile " by Uncle Kracker it is the red convertible with the older man with the beard driving it.
I'm not familiar with what you're talking about.

I am having trouble finding people who have the knowledge of what this is worth. Can anyone help?
The Old Cars Price Guide puts the value of a 1965 Cutlass convertible in #2 condition (showroom new) at $12,250 and in #1 condition (better than showroom new, never driven, trailered everywhere) at $17,500.

The NADA price guide puts the "low retail" (daily driver) value of this car at about $8,000, the "average retail" (good but older restoration or good condition original, a "20-footer") value at about $14,000, and the "high retail" (basically showroom condition or very close as I read their description) value $21,000.

From all of this and from what you say of the condition, I would guess the value to be in the high teens or low 20s.
Old January 13th, 2010, 06:08 AM
Past Administrator

Hope you can find an acceptable value on your car. Did you just purchase it? Were you the guy in the beard driving the car in the video?
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:12 AM

No my cousin was driving it. It was his car. He has passed away and his wife is looking to sell it. I would have to say mid to high teens. Car is truly beautiful. He has kept it in a heated building for years. Polished. covered.
There is also a " virgin" 1975 Delta 88 Royal Convertible for sale as well.
These are both immaculate cars. In my opinion. I am just trying to help her get them sold. Get the information out there. If anyone know someone who is looking, please respond here. Thanks to all Staci
Old January 18th, 2010, 01:19 AM

When you say you are not familiar with what I am talking about, Do you mean the video?
Uncle Kracker Is a famous music/ Rock star. who makes music videos, in his video "smile" this car is shown 2 times with an older man driving it. The man has a long beard.
That was who the car belonged to. My cousin. That car a 1965 Cutlass Conv. along with a virgin 1975 Delta Royall 88 Conv are now both for sale. They are awesome cars. and to my knowledge dont need anything. Let me now if this answered your question. Thanks Staci
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by staci989
When you say you are not familiar with what I am talking about, Do you mean the video?
Uncle Kracker Is a famous music/ Rock star. who makes music videos, in his video "smile" this car is shown 2 times with an older man driving it. The man has a long beard.
That was who the car belonged to. My cousin. That car a 1965 Cutlass Conv. along with a virgin 1975 Delta Royall 88 Conv are now both for sale. They are awesome cars. and to my knowledge dont need anything. Let me now if this answered your question. Thanks Staci
Yes, it does, thank you. I went to the cmt.com website and watched his video. I had heard the song before, but I had not heard the name "Uncle Kracker," but that doesn't mean anything.

But in the video I saw the Cutlass only once. It was very fleeting (less than 1 second), and it was just a glimpse from the side. If I didn't pause the video while the car was shown, I would never have been able to see the person driving it at all, let alone that it was a he and that he has a long beard. I watched the video twice, but I did not see two instances where the car was shown, rather just the one glimpse.
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:59 AM

Mtaf
Old January 18th, 2010, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by csstrux
Mtaf
If I didn't know who Uncle Kracker was, I REALLY don't know what this means!
Old April 1st, 2010, 02:36 PM

i got my car appraised two years ago, of course my car is modified/restored...i also have just about every receipt for the work/parts put into it. i have it on paper valued at $31,000. that's also what i have it insured for. of course, appraised value and what you can sell it for are two different figures....just like real estate:-)