Cars For Sale Please read forum guidelines before posting.

1969 Olds For Sale

Old February 19th, 2010, 01:27 PM

1969 Olds For Sale

Perfect running example of a original, numbers matching 69 Hurst Olds 455/450HP. This car will need re-painting, and detailing, body and mechanical is totally restored, but 20 years on paint job, done by Bill Polk. Finished this is a 100K car!!!!

The Vin is 344879M3711406 making it #418. I still remember most of the mechanical work done back in 89, and have the documentation for all parts used. I stored the original parts replaced that someone might want in the future like distributor ( I put in MSD, and had the dist. curved ), minus internal engine part, exhaust, suspension parts, rear end, pinion that stuff.
Have letter from owner, Shop manuals "as built", ECT.

Things I didn't do, were stretching the carpet, (the interior is good no rips headliner tight), pin strip outlines, chrome wheels very minor pitting by the extra welds done by Hurst for safety. Back then I had them use a new two part primer that would prevent checking of the clear over the fire frost gold and 10 whisper coats of cameo white. only problem is that it shrank ( Cracked paint, some peeling by door jam and on driver door where a scratch was re-spayed) We used real lead. no "Bondo" the only filler is in the same the area that the factory used it post weld. All the bells and whistles, done to engine and suspension, internally ported, mated, polished, extra oil relief in mains, over sized oil pump, high compression pistons, much taller cam, re-cored Harrison brass Rad with high flow 4 way core or some such nonsense. Didn't clean up any wiring, or stickers. I was interested in a light to light fast car, not a perfect show car. I took it to one car show once some guy pointed out the valve covers where on the wrong sides. I looked at his and they were leaking. Closed the hood and never looked back. Dropped the frame added all Neoprene bushing, a new A arms, new heavier duty springs, all ball joints new, new brakes rotors all that, tighten steering up, had a GM guy weight and go through the OA transmission, higher stall torque converter installed, rebuilt same OH transmission, much firmer shocks installed, new gas tank, all new fluid lines, Replaced glass in windshield with proper code from Year One. bottom line, it scares most folks who drive or ride in it. 76K miles, 460 miles on rebuild done by Kenny at Total Engine Service MPLS, He also had a 69 H/O. Will be posting pictures. Only serious inquiries please, this car will be sold, already one interested party in Wyoming.

20 Hi Res Photos at http://picasaweb.google.com/jmprest/1969HurstOlds#

Contact jmprest@gmail.com
612-701-3852
John Prest

Last edited by John Prest; February 19th, 2010 at 01:39 PM. Reason: add photo
Old February 19th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Just an Olds Guy

Very nice looking car John. Photos show nicely. Need some of the interior of the car though....
Old February 19th, 2010, 01:41 PM

Very nice car. Good Luck
Old February 19th, 2010, 01:44 PM

Thank You here is a link with that sound we like!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq4GweUYzJg

$49,995

Peace