General Discussion Discuss your Oldsmobile or other car-related topics.

2nd Annual Springfield Missouri Aurora Meet Oct 2-4

Search this Thread

Old September 2nd, 2009, 01:23 PM
Aurora Olds Mo.

2nd Annual Springfield Missouri Aurora Meet Oct 2-4

Located in the Heart of the Ozarks.

We are going to meet up at my house Friday evening Oct. 2nd between 5-7. From there we are going to cruise to the local 1/4 mile dragstrip. There you can race your Auroras or watch. You don't have to have a helmet, belts, or even do any special driving if you want to participate, this is just for fun. There is a fee for entering or racing at the track. Below is a link if you want to read about the track and rules.

http://www.ozarkracewaypark.com/

After racing We are going to come back to my place. Camping is available and there are local motel/hotel rooms close. Saturday morning we are all going to get up early and go to a car show. We are going to drive down Historic Route 66 and along some nice Missouri scenery. The 36 mile drive will end at the Aurora Chamber of Commerce Annual Car show. It will involve an early morning Show & Shine at 9 (we need to be earlier so we can group), a chili cook-off at 11, a car cruise parade at 2, and awards given at 4. There is a $15 fee in advance, $20 at the door. I am going to scan the entry and provide a link for it.

http://www.auroramochamber.com/

From there we don't really have plans. We will probably have a fire and cook or whatever. We will also just be hanging out and working on Auroras and getting to know each other.:thumbsup:

Here is a pic from last year, we are hoping for a bigger turnout this time.

DSCN1044.jpg

We are inviting all Auroras to attend, there is even going to be a 2nd gen pace car owned by our friend Aurora Rancher!(Another Aurora collector)

My name is Randy T. I collect Auroras and currently own 8.

If you would like to contact me my email is: randythurman@hughes.net.

I can answer any more questions and give you directions.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks!