some Q's

Search this Thread

Old August 5th, 2007, 01:10 PM

some Q's

So right now im attending tech school for automotive stuff and high performance engines and what not. Well after i graduate i plan on building my car up. I got it from my father. He was original owner and left it to me. I dont know too much about classic cars except i like them haha. Now for what type it is ill let you know as much info as i could get and you tell me. Its a 1970, has 442 emblems on it, has f-85 emblem on the inside, has two hood scoops with those tie down twisty things holding the hood down, the engine looks to be a 350. Ill try to get pics up soon as i get home again to take some. What can yall tell me about this car. It looks sweet and i cant wait to get this thing running, its been garage kept with no rust just needs to have a little overhaul. Thanks everyone for any info.
Old August 7th, 2007, 01:58 PM
same but different

Hi charlie, Sounds like you have a nice project there. If you would'nt mind posting your vin and the trim tag or cowl tag information. The cowl tag is located near your master cylinder held on by two rivots. This will allow some of us to help you out. At least the first 7 digits of your vin will be a big help.

And while your looking for this info, can you get the engine casting number located on top of the timing chain housing, behind the water pump. We'll tell you exactly what engine you have.

The fact you mentioned it has 442 emblems and an F-85 emblem means some things have been changed. Its one or the other, not both. The hood you have is desirable, thus has a high value. Good luck.