restoring 69 442

Search this Thread

Old February 18th, 2007, 11:53 PM

restoring 69 442

going to be restoring a 69 442 holiday coupe just wanted to get some feedback origanal color is medow green white int black vinyl top not a big fan of the green thinking about changeing the color but if it ging to hurt the value of it i woubt just want to get some feedback about it
Old February 19th, 2007, 07:18 AM

I don't know, but heres a few thoughts that I'd consider. Is the rest of the car number matching? Is there rust under the vinyl top? Does it have a lot of options, that would make it a more rare/desirable car? I'd consider these items as well as what your plans are for it. Do you want to make it a daily driver or for car events and sunny afternoons? Do you plan to keep it for several years or do you think you might want to sell in the near future? John
Old February 19th, 2007, 08:27 AM

cars numbers matching there is some rust under the vinyl top around the back window as for options it has power windows rear defogger front bench seat turbo 400 trans the plan with the car is to but it up for sale after im done restoring it
Old February 19th, 2007, 03:23 PM
Tom Servo's Stunt Double

Depends on the type of person you are going to be selling it to and if you are painting EVERYTHING. Original color really only matters in the Oldsmobile Club of America and other national type club shows. It'd be in a modified class instead of restored class.

I'm too lazy to look it up...is Meadow Green light or dark? Personally (and most people I know) don't like that Oldsmobile light green.

Myself, I'll be doing show & shines and maybe run to some regional OCA events. I'm repainting it to please ME. I'm going with a late 80's Corvette red (Code 81) and white hood stripes. Nothing sexier than a red convertible!

Of course, that's assuming you aren't painting it some weird lowrider job with 27 shades of metalflake purple, yellow and green...but I judge no man.

C.J.
Old February 20th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Getting There

Tex I`ve seen the car it is the light green..it does nothing for me either

Tom like Tex said it only matters in shows

Red always sells I personally would dump the vinyl top as well. White interior goes with anything
Old February 20th, 2007, 08:40 AM

thats what i was thinking paint it red ,white stripes put on a set of the SS1 rims since i have two sets not to sure what im going to do with the vinyl top yet
Old February 25th, 2007, 05:39 AM

i was at Barrett-Jackson Auction and from talking to many buyers and car people..from what i was hearing is that even though you have a matching number car if you change from the original color of the car it will hurt its resale value.. hope this info helps

wj