Wheels and Tires Sponsored by Tire Rack
Click Here

1959 98 coupe

Old June 10th, 2017, 12:43 AM

1959 98 coupe

hi we are trying to fit our tribar hubcaps on our car , cant seam to get how they fit we have new clips from fusic auto ,can anyone enlighten us thanks brad
Old June 10th, 2017, 01:57 AM

Wheel cover clips

I had these on my 59 Olds 98 convertible. Possibly the worst thing Olds ever invented used from 57-63. I used Fusick's clips on mine also. They do not have the tension the originals had, but they will hold. First deflate the tire on the rim, tuck in the clips with the rubber bumpers on the rim of the car, I usually make sure they are on good by hitting them with a rubber mallet. It takes five clips per wheel evenly spaced. Reinflate the tire, and gently bend them back enough to hook them on the inner ridge of the wheel cover, once on It will stick out evenly all the way around, and I usually put my hands on the 9 and 3 position and give the wheel cover a quick shove till it snaps against the tire overlapping the rim. Then I carefully pull on the tri bar spinner to see if they all caught. Sometimes they bend backwards and come unhooked from the wheel cover. It is a bear putting air in the tires down the road, I used to dread pulling them away from the rim, hoping they would not disconnect. My last car I had 7 clips on one front wheel. It takes a lot of patience, but take your time. Good Luck, they are great cars love 59's I have owned 8 of them over the years. Paul